EVs pollute more than gas vehicles!

Closed Thread
Old 03-06-2024, 12:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,939 Times in 2,459 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleZee View Post
Perhaps we should make an attempt to broaden the spectrum of our understanding of the complex yet positive impact that EV replacement is having on our environments and move of the puerile commentary such as "My MACHE gives me all the vroom, vroom I want without the gurgling muffler sound" or "My Prius drives on a full tank to New York and back".
The nuance and sophistication of appropriate environment modelling goes well beyond some of the shallow opinions shared here on TV pages.

Just a moment...
2022 data little outdated?

As we speak EV sales are projected down EVERYWHERE.

J.D. Power lowers 2024 electric vehicle sales forecast.
Old 03-06-2024, 12:14 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandoMan View Post
.. the Daily Mail.... This is the paper that launched the garbage about The Villages being a hotbed of STDs with beds full of swingers.
I think it was a minor Miami paper. All the others just picked it up off of the wires. Gleefully, yes. Also, the Miami paper was the only one to print the correction, when the true stats from the Florida Department of Heath were checked. I guess in the world of journalism, if a paper is not the originator, they don't have to print retractions or corrections. Also, if the Daily Mail claimed to be the first they undoubtedly meant in the U.K.
Old 03-06-2024, 12:18 PM
Sage

Sales will likely increase this year from last year but the rate of increase of sales will decrease (the second derivative of sales if you know what a derivative is).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
2022 data little outdated?

As we speak EV sales are projected down EVERYWHERE.

J.D. Power lowers 2024 electric vehicle sales forecast.
Old 03-06-2024, 12:49 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
OK it may be scientifically INCORRECT to say that CO2 REFLECTS heat back. I use that as a shorthand for what is taking place. I have seen diagrams in science articles that show red arrows of HEAT going upward somewhere in the stratosphere and some of those arrows make it through the CO2 layer and go into space. That was all there was to the story 40 years ago. HEAT escaping into space, no problem. But with increased population and production of CO2 from the tailpipe of internal combustion engines, the upper layer started REFLECTING (or bending) HEAT radiation back to the earth. And as I stated there are PROOFS of this excess CO2........namely the Coral Reefs dying. Right now there are people making TRIPS to Coral Reefs because they know that in 20 or so years, they will all be dead. Another PROOF is that the Earth has been heating up for the last 11 or so years and causing greater hurricanes. Another PROOF is that right now the Gulf is at RECORD temperatures. Excess CO2 is NOT just in the upper atmosphere. It is in the oceans. The planet is warming.....another PROOF is that the glaciers like in France that is melting so fast that all skiing there is going away. Glaciers all over the planet are melting, which is more PROOF.
..........Now as far as Why people from South America and the whole globe are trying to enter the US southern border, I am sure that there are many motivations. At least one of the motivations that I have read about are farmers leaving because it has become too WARM to farm the crops that they are used to and it MUST BE too difficult to change. I REALLY don't care WHY they are coming, just that they ARE coming.
.........Most of my warnings have to do with IC engine vehicles that are causing Global Warming. And ANY quick research shows that Global warming is happening rapidly in the last 11 years. Just ask, "Why are the world's oceans rising?"
What country of origin did the ‘farmers’ that attacked the three NYPD officers come from in South America. Seriously, you all are making great arguments but let’s not conflate very separate topics
Closed Thread

Tags
evs, foxnews, link, nooooo, dismiss

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.