EXTREMELY Upsetting news report from SEATTLE...our poor country...

Closed Thread
Old 07-08-2020, 08:09 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,212 Times in 351 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
Read that...number of Fox affiliates on the google search. I went one step further to find the source of the program....a year ago very badly received in the city.

This was one day...did your deep research allow how many were actually taking it.

And google always needs back up.....note my calling that it is on Fox front page and Washington Examiner...all pretty much the same. No details and tied to a Twitter account
One of the articles (not Fox) stated: "Christopher F. Rufo, an editor for City Journal and director of the Discovery Institute’s Center on Wealth and Poverty, unearthed the session’s existence after filing a Freedom of Information request last week, which was approved Monday."
I realize that you don't see this story on CNN, NBC, CBS, etc. But that doesn't really surprise me. The MSM picks and chooses the stories that they consider news and want to feature on TV and their website.
Old 07-08-2020, 08:21 PM

Funny how racism is downplayed when it is clearly against whites but only part of story is repeatedly reported to try to portray whites as supremacists.
Old 07-08-2020, 08:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods View Post
One of the articles (not Fox) stated: "Christopher F. Rufo, an editor for City Journal and director of the Discovery Institute’s Center on Wealth and Poverty, unearthed the session’s existence after filing a Freedom of Information request last week, which was approved Monday."
I realize that you don't see this story on CNN, NBC, CBS, etc. But that doesn't really surprise me. The MSM picks and chooses the stories that they consider news and want to feature on TV and their website.
Let's be clear. WHAT IS THE STORY ?

What editor would allow this to be the face of your web news page ? It says NOTHING AT ALL

I posted an article rrom one year ago that showed a single yoga instructor who shopped the idea, and the city and area simply ostracized her.

So what city workers went ? The ONLY DETAIL was the one date.

You can rail on the MSM all you want, but this is simply "stirring the pot" to satisfy....not sure who.

Even if there is more, and what I read that seems implausible, why would you run a story from this gentlemans twitter account with zero information?
Old 07-08-2020, 08:24 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luisa View Post
Funny how racism is downplayed when it is clearly against whites but only part of story is repeatedly reported to try to portray whites as supremacists.
In what way...refer to the thread and explain the story that you are jumping on as fact.

Your reaction is probably what Fox hoped for.

And could you explain what you mean when you say racism is downplayed when applicable to whites ?

You made a fantastic leap with zero facts, simply a Fox headline.

Last edited by Bucco; 07-08-2020 at 08:39 PM.
Old 07-08-2020, 08:37 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northwoods View Post
Yes, he is a documentary film maker......takes contributions.....ran for local office (lost) and I think he talks mostly about the homeless.

If this becomes any kind of story, I will certainly come on here and apologize, but WHAT IS THE STORY ?
Old 07-08-2020, 09:45 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,212 Times in 351 Posts

Quote:
Let's be clear. WHAT IS THE STORY ?

What editor would allow this to be the face of your web news page ? It says NOTHING AT ALL

I posted an article rrom one year ago that showed a single yoga instructor who shopped the idea, and the city and area simply ostracized her.

So what city workers went ? The ONLY DETAIL was the one date.

You can rail on the MSM all you want, but this is simply "stirring the pot" to satisfy....not sure who.

Even if there is more, and what I read that seems implausible, why would you run a story from this gentlemans twitter account with zero information?
First, I have no idea if this is true or not.
What is the story/news?
I worked for a very large corporation all of my career. I attended a number of "training" sessions like this (one many years ago was a training session on women in the workplace - how "the good old boy network" treats women, etc). It had a very similar "purpose" as the training session in Seattle.
In the training sessions I attended, it was a mixture of men, women, black, white, etc. It was a discussion. Women talked about demeaning experiences, etc. It was a learning session for all.
This session was "a segregated training session for white staffers in which they instructed workers on how to ‘undo their whiteness’ and affirm their ‘complicity in racism." One handout reportedly said 'white staffers must give up ‘the land’ and their ‘guaranteed physical safety’ in order to be an ‘accomplice’ for racial justice'.
The email said ‘We’ll examine our complicity in the system of white supremacy – how we internalize and reinforce it – and begin to cultivate practices that enable us to interrupt racism in ways to be accountable to Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC) folks within our community.’
Again, I have no idea if this is true. But the wording of this memo seems to assume all those white staffers are racist.
I think there are people who would find "holding training sessions for "white people" to teach them how to undo their whiteness and how they are complicit in white supremacy" news.
I found it interesting. So it's news to me.
Old 07-08-2020, 09:50 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 557 Posts

Quote:
Yes, he is a documentary film maker......takes contributions.....ran for local office (lost) and I think he talks mostly about the homeless.

If this becomes any kind of story, I will certainly come on here and apologize, but WHAT IS THE STORY ?
From reading so many threads and posts lately, I think "THE STORY" is that there are a lot of white people (I'm white by the way) who are angry, or refuse to admit, this part of the first post.

“city employees who identify as white to join this training to learn, reflect, challenge ourselves, and build skills and relationships that help us show up more fully as allies and accomplices for racial justice.”

“We’ll examine our complicity in the system of white supremacy – how we internalize and reinforce it – and begin to cultivate practices that enable us to interrupt racism in ways to be accountable to Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC) folks within our community,”

I was fortunate to have had excellent diversity training, both racial and gender, early in my career and it opened my eyes to a lot of things for the last 40+ years.
Old 07-08-2020, 11:10 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanFL View Post
I understand that some may say...well, this can't be true - it's reported by Fox News.
But - where else in the Mass Media would something as gut-wrenching as this be published. Seems as if so many cities are INTENTIONALLY creating division and racial strife.

SEATTLEPublished 3 hours ago
Seattle held 'segregated' training session on 'undoing whiteness,' encouraged staffers to forfeit 'guaranteed physical safety'

The City of Seattle held a racially segregated employee training session aimed at White staffers and instructing them on "undoing your own whiteness" in order to be held accountable by people of color, according to documents obtained by a public records request.

The session took place on June 12, as protesters took part in the so-called "Capitol Hill Organized Protest" in the Capitol Hill district.

Christopher F. Rufo, an editor for City Journal and director of the Discovery Institute’s Center on Wealth and Poverty, said he filed a public records request regarding the training session. On Monday, he published copies of the materials distributed to employees in the session on his Twitter account.

According to his screenshots, the Office of Civil Rights hosted a two-and-a-half-hour “Training on Internalized Racial Superiority for White People.”

In the email invitation to the event, the office asked “city employees who identify as white to join this training to learn, reflect, challenge ourselves, and build skills and relationships that help us show up more fully as allies and accomplices for racial justice.”

“We’ll examine our complicity in the system of white supremacy – how we internalize and reinforce it – and begin to cultivate practices that enable us to interrupt racism in ways to be accountable to Black, Indigenous and People of Color (BIPOC) folks within our community,” the email invitation said.

The name of the initial sender was redacted. Rufo claimed, “the City of Seattle has refused to provide the names of the diversity trainers, the budget for the program, or the video of the session.”

“I'm going to keep pushing—because this is exactly the kind of thought-policing they want to implement everywhere,” Rufo tweeted. “The new cultural revolution is being fought via corporate HR, city diversity training, and public school curriculums. When you find something like this in your community, expose it, criticize it, mock it, and reject it.”

Those who attended the session were shown handouts, including one that encouraged them to cultivate “networks with other white people who are practicing antiracist accomplicehood so you can talk through your struggles in the work of undoing your own whiteness.”

Diversity trainers instructed White employees in “practicing self-talk that affirms our complicity in racism.”

“Racism is not our fault but we are responsible,” one bullet point declared.

In order to be considered “accomplices,” White employees must give up “comfort,” “guaranteed physical safety,” “expectations or presumptions of emotional safety,” “control over other people and over the land,” and “relationships with some other white people.”

White employees were also urged to give up “niceties from neighbors and colleagues,” “the certainty of your job,” and “accepting jobs and promotions when we are not qualified, including racial equity jobs.”

Employees were presented with a flowchart that demonstrated how “white people keep the system going” by being socialized “to cause harm to POC,” “justify why we are superior and have been wronged by POC,” “use anger, self-righteousness and defensiveness [to] mask fear, shame, or guilt,” “show up small and inauthentic,” and finally are “unable to imagine a way forward that comes from a place of humanity,” thus reinforcing the status quo.

Those who attended the session were also shown a datasheet titled “Assimilation into Whiteness,” which claimed to document how those of Arab, Jewish, Finnish, German, Italian, Armenian or Irish descent still classify as White.

Employees were taught how to “interrupt” their whiteness by being “honest and implicate yourself either in the moment or in past experiences in which you acted or thought similarly.”

“Don’t blame others. Don’t distance. Don’t make yourself seem 'better.' None of us is,” a handout said. “You are also white and what someone else did today you may do tomorrow.”

A two-column chart also listed characteristics that defined “Internalized Racial Oppression.”

“Internalized Racial Superiority,” was defined by perfectionism, individualism, imposition, arrogance, paternalism, silence, intellectualization, control, violence, comfort, appropriation, cognitive dissonance, objectivity and “anti-blackness.”

Meanwhile, “Internalized Racial Inferiority” was defined by colorism, isolation, protectionism, addiction, self-doubt, self-hate, rage, shame, denial, assimilation, ethnocentrisms, distancing, exaggerated visibility, hopelessness, apathy, erasure, invisibility, “anti-blackness.”

Seattle held '''segregated''' training session on '''undoing whiteness,''' encouraged staffers to forfeit '''guaranteed physical safety''' | Fox News

This is white liberal self-hatred, mixed with guilt, on steroids, mixed with a strong dosage of Marxism... at some point, there should really be a medical intervention, as well as a forceful response by genuine Americans.

This is the limit. Time to fix it.
Old 07-09-2020, 05:14 AM

How about “undoing blackness” instead?
Old 07-09-2020, 05:16 AM

Most of us are descendant from people that desperately wanted to come to America and become Americans. They were discontent in their homeland and many paid a high cost to come here. Does anyone think it is significant that of all immigrants to America, Africans did not want to come here, that they were very content with their culture and social structure. Removed from their home and forced to come here. Is it possible that we don't have a white/black problem but cultural differences. People that come here willingly (then and now) gladly throw themselves into the melting pot and soon conform to being American. We will fail if we think we can force a culture on anyone that does not want it. I hope we don't have to follow the example of Canada and have French and British co-cultures.
Old 07-09-2020, 05:21 AM
Default Don’t say the “B” Word

I was a probation officer In California for 20 years and resigned 5 years early because of this type of lunacy. Aside from all the usual affirmative action rubbish, the “B” chief had all the juveniles in custody participate in a play that depicted how slaves were sold in the marketplace, with all the adults in the play wearing white face make-up. Then she proudly displayed pictures on the County Website where she received accolades. We were eventually banned from referring to the race of a perpetrator in any Court report If they were “B”. When I left, my resignation letter stated it was because I was tired of defending myself for being caucasian. Now, apparently, we’re headed towards “Only BLM”.
Old 07-09-2020, 05:35 AM
Default Seattle

Sounds like a great idea to me. If I am unknowingly discriminating against others I would like to know so those actions, attitudes, etc can be understood and corrected. Information about my possible actions doesn’t hurt anyone. It should happen everywhere for people are open to understanding their actions and their affect on others.
Old 07-09-2020, 05:36 AM

If I’m interpreting this correctly, through my lens, this is probably utilizing role-playing techniques for white to experience the every-day injustices of what it feels like to be black. In doing so we White people can gain some empathy and compassion for what a person of color experiences and, hopefully, will then begin to see others as another human with equal aspirations and goals in life.
Old 07-09-2020, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Interesting....you feel what we have here is real news.

Who came to this ? How many came to this ? Where did the people work who came to this ? Did anyone come to this ?

I think you are spewing the "company line" with no facts
Interesting...if someone is so curious about the who/where details, one might think such a person would actually do his/her own research. What am I saying...that's asking too much when it's so much easier to just invoke FOX News.

Here's the original article. It didn't take long to find it: Cult Programming in Seattle | City Journal.

How about the email invitation, itself? Again, not hard to find at all:

The Villages Florida

Questions about who/how many, etc., could be addressed to the author of the city-journal.org piece, but are those really the salient questions here? One might think that a governmental entity presenting this would be the real issue, but I guess if only a few people responded it's a case of no harm, no foul, right?

Here's the department that sponsored this training - the Race and Social Justice Initiative (RSJI)
Old 07-09-2020, 06:09 AM
Default I was a witness to this craziness in Cuba!!!!!

The communists have done a great job of indoctrination of teachers which in turn have indoctrinated our youth. The new “norm” is to put one race against the other, hate is all they have and are using it, they are getting away with it in some States. Something for nothing is not in reality, however this is what they want, they are looking to eliminate police, seek “Reparations” in another words some feel that white people owes them, I worked since I was 17 years old, retired at 67 years old, came over legally from Cuba and I am a proud American Citizen, I don’t owe these people NOTHING!. God Bless America, we need it more than EVER
Closed Thread

Tags
white, racial, employees, session, training

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.