False Advertising

Closed Thread
Old 07-24-2022, 05:13 AM
Veteran member

By the way, what is professional grade crown molding versus average grade crown molding? Inquiring buyers want to know.
Old 07-24-2022, 05:26 AM

A new product for Mike Lindell....My Snake Oil!
Old 07-24-2022, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keefelane66 View Post
Now he's selling My Coffee, we all know who will buy it.
He'll be selling cool-ade next.
Old 07-24-2022, 05:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 13,747 Times in 5,255 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luggage View Post
Ftc laws are clear. Pretty much all you have to do is advertise it at one price for at least 30 days from my recollection of the law. But of course the reality is that that $49 price and he's now selling it on sale for is about $35 too much for a pair of slippers you can buy and Macy's for $15 during Christmas. But pretty much this is a capitalistic society and I'm happy he can sell whatever he wants on TV but I wish at least he'd have a pretty girl doing the showing instead of him. I much prefer the appliance direct commercials and seeing what refrigerators are costing
I think you are referring to an FTC "regulation", not a law passed by Congress. The FTC and other agencies are supposed to protect consumers by ensuring "truth in advertising". An arbitrary rule about how long something needs to be advertised doesn't seem very effective. And, advertisers paying people to make a testimonial saying that a food supplement changed their life and made them healthy seems deceptive. In my opinion, the FTC is not doing enough to regulate advertising.
Old 07-24-2022, 07:14 AM
Default MyPillow guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I always thought the My Pillow guy got a bad deal when he was sued for false advertising for his "buy one get one" claims, the BBB gave him an "F" rating, and Bed, Bath and Beyond removed his products from their stores. But, now he is selling slippers for $50 that he claims are regularly priced at $140. I wonder if he ever sold a pair of his slippers for $140. I doubt it.

I wish the FTC would crack down on false advertising like they are paid to do. To me, the worst ads are for food supplements that only use testimonials to sell their product. No research. Also, the ones that claim that something is "free" when you actually need to pay a shipping fee and sign up with a credit card for regular additional purchases. Free should mean free.
Probably got the “F” rating for his political views and not his products. Bed, Bath and Beyond is woke and dropped him for the same reason. His products are top quality. Don’t buy his products if you don’t like the price. Sad that your bashing a truly Christian and true Patriot. Casting the first stone………..?
Old 07-24-2022, 07:22 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyb View Post
Probably got the “F” rating for his political views and not his products. Bed, Bath and Beyond is woke and dropped him for the same reason. His products are top quality. Don’t buy his products if you don’t like the price. Sad that your bashing a truly Christian and true Patriot. Casting the first stone………..?
I don't have anything against the My Pillow guy. He got a bad deal. But, I think advertisers should provide more truth in their ads. I am surprised that, apparently, some of the ridiculous ad gimmicks still work after being used for many years.
Old 07-24-2022, 07:23 AM

My memory gets worse every year, with age, so I did all the "Google" research I could on those memory products. There is literally, not one, that can actually claim it works. We have to take the word of those "actual customers" on TV ads that are constantly running. "If you repeat it enough, it will be true" seems to be their marketing motto.
Old 07-24-2022, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andyb View Post
Exactly. This entire thread is political. The Anti-Pillow crowd, as always, wants more government to salve their own burnt rear ends and limit the choices of others. The rest of us just make our own decisions.
Old 07-24-2022, 07:58 AM
Default Bogus

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
I always thought the My Pillow guy got a bad deal when he was sued for false advertising for his "buy one get one" claims, the BBB gave him an "F" rating, and Bed, Bath and Beyond removed his products from their stores. But, now he is selling slippers for $50 that he claims are regularly priced at $140. I wonder if he ever sold a pair of his slippers for $140. I doubt it.

I wish the FTC would crack down on false advertising like they are paid to do. To me, the worst ads are for food supplements that only use testimonials to sell their product. No research. Also, the ones that claim that something is "free" when you actually need to pay a shipping fee and sign up with a credit card for regular additional purchases. Free should mean free.
This guy is my channel changer or switch off tv.
Anyone who buy his pillows at those prices should be deported.
It is bits of foam torn up into irregular forms so that it does not move around freely.
I thought it was and engineered foam form in the shape of those concrete form used in the inlet entrances from ocean with five fingers to interlock.
He should be banned from tv advertising. Using Gods name. Turns my stomach.
Old 07-24-2022, 08:13 AM

What I don’t understand is parody financial, how can do so much advertising and sponsor so much here with the money you give them to manage.
Old 07-24-2022, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
He's on fox news that often because the network is hurting for advertisers and he's one of the few that will actually pay for time slots. They've had many companies bow out and no longer advertise with fox, so you're stuck with the dregs.
This would suggest otherwise. Fox Earnings Up From Strong Advertising Performance at Tubi, Fox News – The Hollywood Reporter
Old 07-24-2022, 08:22 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daxdog View Post
What I don’t understand is parody financial, how can do so much advertising and sponsor so much here with the money you give them to manage.
Their main product is annuities, where they make a huge commission of about 10 percent upfront.
Old 07-24-2022, 08:37 AM
Default Omg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keefelane66 View Post
Now he's selling My Coffee, we all know who will buy it.
Who? Coffee drinkers….. smh
Old 07-24-2022, 08:52 AM
Default Economics

He can and does sell directly less than the brick and mortar companies did. You see, when Mike sold his pillows to BB&B for instance, they marked them up and sold at a higher cost to make a profit… Selling direct to the consumer allows to sell at a lower cost.

I suspect CNN didn’t explain that to this crowd.

QUOTE=FredJacobs;2118148]The "My Pillow" guy, Mike Lindell, is facing many lawsuits because of his claims about the 2020 election being rigged, stolen, etc. It is no surprise that he is running bargain basement sales at deep discounts, he needs the money. I can't believe that he is getting rid of inventory at a loss, so he must have sold his products at a very high markup and profit. $150 for a pair of slippers??? I think the satisfied customers in the commercial are actors and not actual users. False advertising![/QUOTE]
Old 07-24-2022, 09:13 AM

I see that his pillows are now selling at the liquidation store for $7 and you don't need a "promo code." That's all their worth for a bag of shredded foam.

90% of his employees are immigrants and fabric and supplies are outsourced
Closed Thread

Tags
false, advertising, free, $140, slippers

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.