Florida begins Phase 3 re-opening plan immediately

Closed Thread
Old 09-27-2020, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDLNB View Post
I wear the thinnest mask I could find. Not for protection, but to make scaredy cats feel safe when I am around them. And I just smile at the folks in Publix or Walmart that are maskless. Of course they can't see my smile. Since 99.4% of those infected recover from the virus, I figure I have a better chance of getting bit by a poisonous snake and dying.
Good for you. Asian countries have been wearing thinnest masks for ages. No matter how thin they are, they still prevent droplets going out to harm other people. Whether you believe in masks or not, you are doing a great favor for a lot of people around you.
Old 09-27-2020, 04:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloha1 View Post
You mean like the pandemic of 1918 "FOREVER changed us"?...Which it did not.
"The World Changed Its Approach to Health After the 1918 Flu. Will It After The COVID-19 Outbreak?"

The World Changed Its Approach to Health After the 1918 Flu | Time

"A science journalist explains how the Spanish flu changed the world"

COVID-19: How did Spanish flu change the world? | World Economic Forum
Old 09-27-2020, 04:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
That has been debunked.
Not debunked at all, but if you had read a bit you would have found that does not make it more dangerous and gee......you still could have made your P point.

"Scientists in Houston on Wednesday released a study of more than 5,000 genetic sequences of the coronavirus that reveals the virus’s continual accumulation of mutations, one of which may have made it more contagious.

The new report, however, did not find that these mutations have made the virus deadlier or changed clinical outcomes. All viruses accumulate genetic mutations, and most are insignificant, scientists say."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/healt...s/?arc404=true

The study printed in FORBES did find it to be more dangerous, but they are all studies.

Coronavirus May Have Mutated To Become More Contagious, Study Finds

Point is IT HAS MUTATED and without your supplying some link to where it was debunked.....well....
Old 09-27-2020, 04:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
The 1918 Plague set US progress back somewhat for 4 years, which could (?) have an affect on us today. Progress is built on past progress. People STILL talk about the DARK AGES. The 4 years of 1918 Plague could be like a "gray age" in the US. I am NOT the only person in the US that thinks that we will have a pre CV history and a post CV history. These people are imminent historians.
Old 09-27-2020, 04:24 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
Just compare each country per 1,000 residents. I would take only basic arithmetic.
"To reach herd immunity for COVID-19, likely 70% or more of the population would need to be immune. Without a vaccine, over 200 million Americans would have to get infected before we reach this threshold. Put another way, even if the current pace of the COVID-19 pandemic continues in the United States, we won’t reach herd immunity in 2021. If current daily death rates continue, over half a million Americans would be dead from COVID-19 by that time."

Early Herd Immunity against COVID-19: A Dangerous Misconception - Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center
Old 09-27-2020, 04:31 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,377 Times in 500 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
"To reach herd immunity for COVID-19, likely 70% or more of the population would need to be immune. Without a vaccine, over 200 million Americans would have to get infected before we reach this threshold. Put another way, even if the current pace of the COVID-19 pandemic continues in the United States, we won’t reach herd immunity in 2021. If current daily death rates continue, over half a million Americans would be dead from COVID-19 by that time."

Early Herd Immunity against COVID-19: A Dangerous Misconception - Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center
How do we know how many asymptotic cases we have had that have never been tested?
Old 09-27-2020, 04:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

Quote:
That is a huge stretch.
So is saying that your safety is the responsibility of someone else
Old 09-27-2020, 04:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

Quote:
It could be considered selfish, since the definition of being selfish is thinking only about one's self and NOT being considerate for others. A restaurant that does NOT mandate masks is a selfish restaurant. Phase 3, in general, could be considered to be selfish. A state that does NOT mandate mask could be considered selfish. There is plenty of SELFISH going around here!
That's a BIG stretch
Old 09-27-2020, 05:04 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,377 Times in 500 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scbang View Post
If we had a complete lock down of the country like Korea and Japan did, we could have opened ALL business by now with a bit of restriction. By not buttoning the first button correctly, we are now in no win situation.
In Sweden they had no lockdown and are not having a resurgence.
Old 09-27-2020, 05:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,310 Times in 824 Posts

Selfish ? You decide. Here is a snapshot on Sept 23rd of TV neighbors that you will be soon sharing space with or having indirect contact with items they touched in restaurants, town squares, pickleball courts, the doctor's office, hardware store, gas pumps, etc.

social-distancing-jpg
Old 09-27-2020, 05:51 PM
Sage

Quote:
The 1918 Flu was a factor that caused the Depression, which caused great US migration of unemployed workers. It caused the rich people to buy up bankrupt businesses and mortgages. Leaving the lower classes to only rent homes and apartments and thus NOT build up wealth. So, great wealth disparity.

The same is true and will be true with this current Pandemic!
Old 09-27-2020, 06:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scbang View Post
Dr. Fauci said it and I agree. After Pearl Harbor and 9/11, the country and the leadership were united in our unified response. That's how the dept of homeland security was created despite so many concerns regarding civil liberty. With possible death of 1M Americans, we should have thought hard and made a united decision, not leaving it to each states where anyone can cross the state borders at will.
Good post. I agree.
Old 09-27-2020, 06:24 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
Selfish ? You decide. Here is a snapshot on Sept 23rd of TV neighbors that you will be soon sharing space with or having indirect contact with items they touched in restaurants, town squares, pickleball courts, the doctor's office, hardware store, gas pumps, etc.

Attachment 86435
Looks like they are pretty patriotic. So, maybe they will be putting flags on the cremated ashes in urns of their friends that they gave CV to. No masks, crowded in, but at least they were outside.
Old 09-27-2020, 06:31 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimes View Post
In Sweden they had no lockdown and are not having a resurgence.
Sweden, where a shutdown-free pandemic response prompted a global debate, is seeing another wave of covid-19 cases, with the country’s state epidemiologist warning this week that it was heading in the “wrong direction” as winter approaches.

Sweden’s public health body recorded 554 new covid-19 cases Thursday — the highest since early July — and 417 on Friday, according to its online tracking tool, capping off what epidemiologist Anders Tegnell had warned would be a “record week” for new case
s.
“It is slowly but surely going in the wrong direction in Sweden, even if the situation is not as serious as in other parts of Europe,” Tegnell said at a news briefing Thursday, according to the newspaper Svenska Dagbladet.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...own-new-cases/
Old 09-27-2020, 06:45 PM

Quote:
There are many videos on You Tube of action shots of the droplets with no mask and with a mask. There are some but not many going downward (to the ground where they are not very harmful). You can also see the distance without a mask that a sneeze travels. Then, judge for yourself.
I have seen those videos and that show how the droplets are spread with no mask and with a mask, all very good. However look at the science, the COVID flu that is not attached to droplets is way to tiny to be seen in those videos. We are talking about something so small it can only be seen with an electron microscope so I am told, sorry You Tube videos is just not it. Again I am not anti mask, just anti believing a mask will protect you.
Closed Thread

Tags
florida, phase, opening, past, occupancy

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.