Food for thought or a call to arms???

Closed Thread
Old 06-24-2020, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennyt View Post
What scares me is the thought of a bunch of old white men hopped up on medication waving their guns around thinking some group is trying to take away their stuff. OMG people.
You obviously don't know about the reality of owning a licensed gun. Their are so many rules about having, storing and using them that it makes it very difficult to have them at the ready. Those who own them usually practice at the range where there are many safety requirements. It's not like the movies (made by liberal Hollywood producers who supposedly are against guns but make billions off the movies they make with more shooting and killing than in a Chicago weekend). All the guns owners I know are very safety conscience and responsible. HOWEVER if pushed against the wall they DO know how to use their guns.
Old 06-24-2020, 07:34 AM
Default Law and Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsibole View Post
Food for thought, or maybe a call to arms . . . .

Suppose a militant group prone to and advocating civil disturbance, violence, looting and destruction were to find a target for their next insurrection. An area or community let’s say that was nearly 100% White. Maybe located in the “Racist South”. One where “Privilege” was on display and throw in a population made up of apparently old, weak and defenseless individuals.

Might sound like an easy target for ANTIFA, BLM, or another movement looking for attention to their oppressed existence in this racist Country. It might also sound like someone or some place you are familiar with too.

Food for thought or a call to arms . . . . . remember, it wasn’t raining when Noah built the ark.
We all know the facts. More whites are killed by cops than blacks and there are some untrained or bad cops out there. These groups choose to ignore facts and make it their objective to make it all look much worse than it is. It wouldn't surprise me that they would target the Villages. Just hope the governor wouldn't hesitate to bring in the National Guard to stop this stupid, evil action.
Old 06-24-2020, 07:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

I do not care about anyone's reasoning in regards to their motivation for rioting and looting. If they cross my path with violent intention, they will be put down like any rabid animal, period. If he/she happens to be black, white, red or yellow and think they are making a statement, then they are in for a big disappointment because I don't see color when someone is breaking the law and/or threatening me or my family and property. I am a firm believer in the saying that it is better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6. I have absolutely no patience for ANYONE that destroys property or assaults someone unprovoked. To those liberals that are anti-firearm and worry about "old people" owning firearms, I wonder how much you would be worried if someone breaks into your home and rapes or threatens other bodily harm to you and your family. Your "old" neighbor with a gun is sure to be welcome then, huh? There may be instances of accidental firearm discharges in the Villages, but I do not know of any. AND hundreds of Villagers own firearms. Many of them (possibly your neighbors) carry concealed every time they leave the house. Of course, there are many that have never touched a firearm that are armchair experts on the subject and believe that NO ONE should own a gun.
Believe me, if the rioters came to The Villages, they would be turned away immediately. And the pacifists can rest easy, because they won't have to lift a hand. They can sit back and criticize after the fact, like they do on here every day.
GOD bless the Police that serve us. I have known hundreds of law enforcement officers. I have only known a few bad COPs but NO crooked COPs. And GOD bless those retirees that are still willing to take up arms to protect family and neighbors. They are the true patriots in America.
Old 06-24-2020, 07:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts

YouTube

This thread would make Clint Eastwood proud. Or, maybe not.
Old 06-24-2020, 07:45 AM
Veteran member
Location: Upstate NY, So Fla, Louisiana, So Fla, Santiago and now Bonnybrook

A scary sight would be all the villagers with their guns that could not see good enough to drive a car (or cart). Run for cover
Old 06-24-2020, 07:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,012 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
If your considering here in the Villages would think too many people here have firearms and know how to use them.
bingo!
Old 06-24-2020, 07:50 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorbill1 View Post
A scary sight would be all the villagers with their guns that could not see good enough to drive a car (or cart). Run for cover
Or who have Alzheimer's and do not know what day it is nor much of what is going on in the world.

I doubt if the hard up citizens of Minneapolis and other ethnically diverse cities would get on a bus and come down to the Villages to pillage. For one thing, the FBI would be alerted quickly before they got out of the Minnesota state line as they are many good people out there wanting all this shameful mob like behavior to stop. Even if there are some people in America who love pandering to the mob.
Old 06-24-2020, 07:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,049 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byte1 View Post
I do not care about anyone's reasoning in regards to their motivation for rioting and looting. If they cross my path with violent intention, they will be put down like any rabid animal, period. If he/she happens to be black, white, red or yellow and think they are making a statement, then they are in for a big disappointment because I don't see color when someone is breaking the law and/or threatening me or my family and property. I am a firm believer in the saying that it is better to be tried by 12 than carried by 6. I have absolutely no patience for ANYONE that destroys property or assaults someone unprovoked. To those liberals that are anti-firearm and worry about "old people" owning firearms, I wonder how much you would be worried if someone breaks into your home and rapes or threatens other bodily harm to you and your family. Your "old" neighbor with a gun is sure to be welcome then, huh? There may be instances of accidental firearm discharges in the Villages, but I do not know of any. AND hundreds of Villagers own firearms. Many of them (possibly your neighbors) carry concealed every time they leave the house. Of course, there are many that have never touched a firearm that are armchair experts on the subject and believe that NO ONE should own a gun.
Believe me, if the rioters came to The Villages, they would be turned away immediately. And the pacifists can rest easy, because they won't have to lift a hand. They can sit back and criticize after the fact, like they do on here every day.
GOD bless the Police that serve us. I have known hundreds of law enforcement officers. I have only known a few bad COPs but NO crooked COPs. And GOD bless those retirees that are still willing to take up arms to protect family and neighbors. They are the true patriots in America.
Excellent post thank you
Old 06-24-2020, 07:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,012 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
Trying to push or manufacture a race war...is beyond despicable and disgusting.
agreed, but it looks like some really want that
Old 06-24-2020, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsibole View Post
Food for thought, or maybe a call to arms . . . .

Suppose a militant group prone to and advocating civil disturbance, violence, looting and destruction were to find a target for their next insurrection. An area or community let’s say that was nearly 100% White. Maybe located in the “Racist South”. One where “Privilege” was on display and throw in a population made up of apparently old, weak and defenseless individuals.

Might sound like an easy target for ANTIFA, BLM, or another movement looking for attention to their oppressed existence in this racist Country. It might also sound like someone or some place you are familiar with too.

Food for thought or a call to arms . . . . . remember, it wasn’t raining when Noah built the ark.
This is the type of nonsense that has divided this nation since before the civil war, and can still seen to exists by the above posting. We should all be ashamed of this type of thinking from Americas, but that is just the point is it not!
Old 06-24-2020, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choro&Swing View Post
Did you see the article in this morning’s paper about the guy with license plate lights out, an expired drivers’, and bags of heroin and cocaine in his pocket who tried to evade two sheriff’s deputies when they tried to pull him over, leaped out of his truck and tried to outrun them, then got tased and arrested?

I wonder if he thought as he ran that these might be his last moments of life. And I wonder if the deputies were thinking that these might be the last moments of their careers.

What a strange world. I want to thank the deputies for both keeping us safe and keeping their guns holstered. It must have been terrifying for all involved. I wonder what the sentence will be. Probably it will be suspended.
Quite honestly, anyone who complains about what happens when the Leos have to take down a criminal should be required to go through the police training course on situational responses. There have been a few activists who took the course and came out with a completely different attitude. Their job is very difficult and decisions made in milliseconds have profound effects on peoples lives.Those who have not been in a similar situation have no clue regarding the stress and consequences of both action and inaction.
Old 06-24-2020, 08:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmpalladino View Post
This is the type of nonsense that has divided this nation since before the civil war, and can still seen to exists by the above posting. We should all be ashamed of this type of thinking from Americas, but that is just the point is it not!
Given what is going on in Seattle, Minneapolis, Atlanta, Chicago, Washington, DC......would that be considered cause for concern about dividing America?

Discussing what to do if that or similar activity were to show up in our back yard is most certainly not divisive.

It is very, VERY simple. There are laws of the land that when violated there needs to be enforcement.

Too many politicians of today are not prepared to do what it takes to maintain law and order.......mainly as a result of being concerned for being re-elected.

As a result today our freedoms are at risk because of the few who have magically become untouchable and above the law.
Old 06-24-2020, 08:34 AM
Sage

Now that is hilarious considering what is happening in America.

These very hard up people of various cities could not afford to get on a plane and come down to the Villages. Most are just trying to survive day-to-day in very troubled areas where they live.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
Given what is going on in Seattle, Minneapolis, Atlanta, Chicago, Washington, DC......would that be considered cause for concern about dividing America?

Discussing what to do if that or similar activity were to show up in our back yard is most certainly not divisive.

It is very, VERY simple. There are laws of the land that when violated there needs to be enforcement.

Too many politicians of today are not prepared to do what it takes to maintain law and order.......mainly as a result of being concerned for being re-elected.

As a result today our freedoms are at risk because of the few who have magically become untouchable and above the law.
Old 06-24-2020, 08:35 AM

What, white naturalist looking for flowers?
Old 06-24-2020, 08:37 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramone View Post
What, white naturalist looking for flowers?
Now that is funny.

There is a nudist colony not too far from the Villages. Maybe they will decide to invade here. We could at least tell that they were not armed in any way unless they had been retired special forces or assassins of some kind.
Closed Thread

Tags
food, call, arms, thought, sound

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.