Foreigners coming to Florida for to be vaccinated

Closed Thread
Old 01-19-2021, 05:47 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJohnson View Post
I think it is wonderful that Florida is a place that is not selfish nor greedy. Giving is the mark of a Godly life free of prejudices. Eventually everyone on earth needs to be vaccinated to defeat this this horrible virus.
Yes but this would encourage more foreign travel thus more opportunities to spread the disease. More likelihood of infecting our citizens. Much better to ship it to their country.

They should have to wait just like we do and not jump ahead in line.
Old 01-19-2021, 05:53 AM
Default Our wonderful government is unfair?

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
I don't have a subscription to the WSJ but there is enough of this article that can be read which says Florida is vaccinating non US citizens. The vaccine is paid for my our government yet Florida is vaccinating non US citizens. How can this be?

Florida’s Covid-19 Vaccines Draw Foreigners, Snowbirds - WSJ
Guess what folks, life is not fair, and our government is even more unfair. Everyone should be used to it by now, if not, get used to it.
Old 01-19-2021, 05:54 AM

Total and complete lack of leadership in this state.
Old 01-19-2021, 05:56 AM

Wow, it’s just unbelievable how everyone thinks this is the end all for a virus that has a .02% mortality rate and the reactions to the vaccines are greater than 2.76% and now it’s the Governor’s fault because they are waiting for more shipments...smdh
Old 01-19-2021, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott O View Post
Wow, it’s just unbelievable how everyone thinks this is the end all for a virus that has a .02% mortality rate and the reactions to the vaccines are greater than 2.76% and now it’s the Governor’s fault because they are waiting for more shipments...smdh
You are all welcome to my 2 doses...have at it..
Old 01-19-2021, 05:59 AM

Illegals have been coming 9n for health care and other benefits for years
Old 01-19-2021, 06:02 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,015 Times in 273 Posts

Quote:
Absolutely DO NOT agree with your point of view. It is BS that NON-US citizens can receive our vaccine that our government has paid for BEFORE all Americans who want the vaccine are vaccinated.
I get your point, but I believe in Jesus Christ, so I will follow his teachings and have faith that in doing so will protect me.
Old 01-19-2021, 06:04 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,863 Times in 786 Posts

Quote:
I don't have a subscription to the WSJ but there is enough of this article that can be read which says Florida is vaccinating non US citizens. The vaccine is paid for my our government yet Florida is vaccinating non US citizens. How can this be?

Florida’s Covid-19 Vaccines Draw Foreigners, Snowbirds - WSJ
Don’t get too excited. These foreigners can’t get vaccinated unless they apply and get a time and show up. I’m a citizen, and I’ve applied, but I haven’t yet received a time, and it seems that there isn’t vaccine available. If they fly in from Canada to get vaccinated and can afford it, so what? Many of these people (and it’s a very tiny number, anyway) come down and stay for a month or more waiting for their vaccinations. Meanwhile, they spend a LOT of money in Florida. That money benefits YOU! We need a lot more visitors here with a lot of money to spend on housing, restaurants, shopping, and entertainment. I know people here in Florida who have registered in their home states for the vaccine, and if they get the opportunity, they will fly or drive home to get it. This cuts both ways.
Old 01-19-2021, 06:17 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,558 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by giorgio1948 View Post
I would like to know why Florida is getting such high grades ON THE NEWS getting shots in arms when the entire county of Sumter County, FL which INCLUDES THE VILLAGES with NO SHOTS AVAILABLE?! WHATS GOING ON GETTING THE VACCINES IN THE VILLAGES, FL GOVERNOR DESANTIS?
TV isnt the only spot not getting the vaccine. The entire state is short or out of it and the lists arelong for those waiting their turn. TV isnt any better than any other place. Its not the only 55+ community!! Those giving other places high grades for getting the shot so fast just lucked out. Thats it
Old 01-19-2021, 06:40 AM

There is no vaccine so NO ONE is getting vaccinated, don’t believe everything you read.
Old 01-19-2021, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoSno View Post
Wonder if the Honduran caravan headed to the border will be vaccinated as they cross?
Maybe we will give them a mask?

And a stimulus check?
Old 01-19-2021, 07:00 AM
Post Action needs to be taken....

Quote:
i would like to know why florida is getting such high grades on the news getting shots in arms when the entire county of sumter county, fl which includes the villages with no shots available?! whats going on getting the vaccines in the villages, fl governor desantis?
this matter should be followed up in the national news asking the governor to explain and resolve
Old 01-19-2021, 07:32 AM
Sage

Again with the same nonsense? Responding to your own posts? Really? Vaccines are being manufactured and distributed by the Federal Government and then farmed out to communities by the state. They have run out of the vaccines and are waiting for more. There was most likely a communications misunderstanding. There is nothing to resolve. They don't have vaccines.

Quote:
this matter should be followed up in the national news asking the governor to explain and resolve
Old 01-19-2021, 07:41 AM

Weeding out the weak and old ! So far they got around 400 thousand ! Looks like 500k is within reach! It starts with a cough...stuffy nose and then you feel like a fish out of water... I enjoyed the hallucinations
Old 01-19-2021, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Saferestart does not appear to be a "fly by night" outfit to me. The process was very well organized and the vaccination site was very impressive, including having three ambulances on site in the event of people having reactions to the vaccine. I do not fault Saferestart for the lack of vaccines. There is a national shortage of vaccine so we all wait now.
I agree. Remember when the naysayers said we were YEARS away from a vaccine? Be patient and continue to keep yourself safe. We could be in much worse shape.
Closed Thread

Tags
florida, citizens, vaccinating, paid, vaccine

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.