Forget just being fired

Closed Thread
Old 05-28-2020, 03:32 PM

Maybe I missed it on a news report but what happened between the time he was cuffed and the time the officer put a knee on his neck? How / why did he end up on the ground?
Old 05-28-2020, 03:36 PM

That is not clear. There is security video that shows them removing him from car , handcuffing and placing him against wall without incident or resistance. He is then gotten up another car comes up so it is not clear how George ended up on the pavement.
Old 05-28-2020, 03:42 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvic 1 View Post
You see what you want to see, here is what I see......
Like I said, see what you want to see. One snippet does not show proof or the truth.
Steve
Old 05-28-2020, 03:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,516 Times in 3,107 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
My point is this. A lot of times, police officers have to do that, lean on someone's neck in order to put on cuffs. There are bullies among police officers and there are bullies on this forum. I wonder sometimes when I see the extreme views of some folks how their wives fare. I hope if these officers are guilty they are tried for murder. We should not allow what they did to influence our respect of good police officers. One is just as wrong as the others.
But this thread isn't about those other times, other cops, other criminals, other situations. This thread is about THIS time, THIS alleged criminal (there's still no determination if he even KNEW in advance he was passing a bad bill - so it's still possible he was 100% innocent of THAT as well), THIS situation, THIS cop.

When you dilute the situation by bringing in "what about those other things" you are guilty of what's known as "whataboutism." That is how people deflect from an actual issue, trying to make it a non-issue, making people think "oh that's not so bad, let's just forget it."

I don't know if you do this on purpose. But you DO do it often. This thread is not the place for talking about all the other times cops do good things. You can make a thread for that. This isn't even about all the other times cops do bad things. There are threads about that. This is about George Floyd, who was murdered by a very specific individual cop.
Old 05-28-2020, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shbullet View Post
Maybe I missed it on a news report but what happened between the time he was cuffed and the time the officer put a knee on his neck? How / why did he end up on the ground?
Well lets face it, whatever happened didnt justify the outcome, but i think if you want to evaluate the entire incident you need to have all the facts. Something did happen...we just dont know what it was at this time...
Old 05-28-2020, 04:01 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by nututv View Post
What was your AFSC or MOS?
Still, no questions answered.
She is FROM a country that was a war zone. One doesn't need to be in the military to experience war. One only need actually live in the country where war exists.
Old 05-28-2020, 04:08 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choro&Swing View Post
Yes, he was cuffed behind his back, but he was strong and trying to get up or roll away. He had already done that several times. Most of the cop’s weight was on his other knee, not on his neck. People who can’t breathe usually don’t keep talking. You are right about this being a common hold-down gonebad. You are right about letting the investigation take its course.
Armchair lawyer doesn't read actual information.

1. The Police Department chief FIRED (not suspended) all 4 cops.
2. That particular method of subduing someone is AGAINST that police department's policy.
3. George Floyd (he had a name, that was his name) was not trying to get up. He was trying to breathe. He was held on his stomach with a knee to his neck and he was groaning and grunting, turning his shoulder up so he could BREATHE - which is what he kept trying to say he couldn't do. The cop CHOSE not to let up on him. He died as a result - and even after Mr. Floyd was clearly either dead or unconscious, the cop CONTINUED to hold his knee on his neck for several more minutes.

Sort of like the cop was trying to make sure Mr. Floyd was dead, just in case there was any doubt.
Old 05-28-2020, 04:33 PM

as a white woman I cannot imagine what parents of color tell their children. How do you instruct them but to live in fear. The fear a parent must feel when their child goes out into the world in a car or walking down the street with a hoodie. It is devil in the groves over and over again.
Old 05-28-2020, 04:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by anothersteve View Post
Heed those words, "peaceful protests", not rioting and looting. Think about it now....don't you think the police are on edge right now? Do the riots and lootings make it any better. If the prejudice is so rampant this would be a perfect time.......
Now even if the police do protect themselves it will be decried as prejudice.

Steve
Baloney.

There hasn't been any outcries of police protecting themselves... from actual threat of harm.

What keeps happening, over and over, is unarmed black men being killed by white police officers...with a lack of consequences.

Heck, here's one where the person as shot in the back for cripes sake.

Now tell me how the cop was in any danger...from someone running away?

Shooting of Walter Scott - Wikipedia

At least justice was achieved in this one tragedy...unlike so many others.
Old 05-28-2020, 04:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
"to put on" He had them on. This defeats you argument....
Not only was he handcuffed with his arms behind his back, he was also...already laying on his stomach.

Four to one and the police still have tasers that could be used.

If a cop was still feeling threatened with these odds and Mr. Floyd in this position...they have no business being in law enforcement.

Not even as a typist.
Old 05-28-2020, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellavita View Post
as a white woman I cannot imagine what parents of color tell their children. How do you instruct them but to live in fear. The fear a parent must feel when their child goes out into the world in a car or walking down the street with a hoodie. It is devil in the groves over and over again.
It is hard to articulate that fear. It is why we tell our sons you can't do what others can because you don't get the benefit of the doubt. That assumptions will be made of you despite your reality. Even when he is an adult that he is not seen as a man but a threat. Despite the fact he has 2 degrees, supervises a staff of 50, married and no outside children. Still is aware of assumptions made it is exhausting.
Old 05-28-2020, 05:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

http://www.ci.minneapolis.mn.us/poli...cy_5-300_5-300

Last edited by graciegirl; 05-28-2020 at 09:59 PM.
Old 05-28-2020, 05:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I don't think you watch LivePD as much as I do.

I cannot find the tape of George Floyd being handcuffed and walked over to the police car. I am unabashedly pro law enforcement. It is an awful thing to accept that George Floyd was murdered due to excessive force. Orange Blossom Baby thinks I am guilty of....let me look it up. Here it is...…."whataboutism". That appears to me to be a person who is skeptical and debates issues. And I always will while I have breath in me. I don't accept things because that is how a group of people present it to me. NO group of people. Did this man George Floyd resist arrest? Do we have film of the entire incident?

Maybe I am a racist. I hope not. I don't think I am. I know that police officers kneel on the neck of people of every hue. SADLY because people do resist arrest and continue to fight even when tased sometimes.
Not sure why this comparison thing continues.

Police across the country are condemning the officers involved, yet some still try to come up with an excuse on this forum.

We can't discuss certain issues, but always, no matter the situation everyone goes to the same "corner". So many scary things happened today, I am embarrassed for my country. That last sentence was difficult and emotional to even type, as someone who served this country militarily and in elected officials offices for many years.

Trying to justify bad actions, no matter who is wrong.

Last edited by Bucco; 05-28-2020 at 05:37 PM.
Old 05-28-2020, 05:47 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
[SIZE="3"]Baloney.

There hasn't been any outcries of police protecting themselves... from actual threat of harm.

What keeps happening, over and over, is unarmed black men being killed by white police officers...with a lack of consequences.

Heck, here's one where the person as shot in the back for cripes sake.

Now tell me how the cop was in any danger...from someone running away?
Nice how you turn things around to suite your thinking.
If you would read my post correctly you would see "if the cops tried to protect themselves in the midst of the rioting and looting, it would be decried as racist. You just love to turn things around. You should reall get a job as a "journalist".

"What keeps happening, over and over, is unarmed black men being killed by white police officers...with a lack of consequences."

You know "what keeps happening'? news, that's what makes the news, that's what makes headlines, and if there's a video?? that's a ratings boost! It's not as prevalent as you and the media would like everyone to believe. Some of us are much more intelligent to decipher truth and reality. You seemed to have missed that boat.
I sure could say, and have said, loads more but the "mods" don't seem to like what I have to say.
Steve

Last edited by anothersteve; 05-28-2020 at 06:15 PM.
Old 05-28-2020, 05:57 PM

.. and where were the other 3 officers AND civilians that witnessed this ... AND they all just let it happen !!! I am outraged that the civilians just ‘stood’ around and would not get involved !! So tonight they are probably saying ‘ Oh, I WISH I had done more !!!
Closed Thread

Tags
man, officers, black, police, fired

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.