Closed Thread
Old 06-22-2022, 12:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinSE View Post
US Oil production is open.
I concur with the responder who posted :

9,000 parcels of federal land is available for oil companies to LEASE, but the government won't issue any PERMITS to actually drill there. That's like telling a landlord that they can build a new apartment building but they are not allowed to rent the apartments. A 3 month hiatus in the 18 cent/gal. federal tax is like putting a band aid on a chain saw wound. The answer is to open the Keystone pipeline, issue permits for drilling, and tell the ________(fill in the blank) that global warming (due to man's activity) is a myth.
Old 06-22-2022, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post

9,000 parcels of federal land is available for oil companies to LEASE, but the government won't issue any PERMITS to actually drill there. That's like telling a landlord that they can build a new apartment building but they are not allowed to rent the apartments. A 3 month hiatus in the 18 cent/gal. federal tax is like putting a band aid on a chain saw wound. The answer is to open the Keystone pipeline, issue permits for drilling, and tell the ________(fill in the blank) that global warming (due to man's activity) is a myth.
If the goal is to get the price of gas down, I don't see how sending more dirty Canadian tarsand oil to China will help. US is already a net exporter of gas. Start by blocking that - could do it tomorrow. But, that will do nothing to lower the price of gas, just like more drilling will do nothing. The problem is a demand problem. People want more and don't (yet) care what the price is. Who has not done something they wanted to do, especially after the pandemic, because gas is up? I don't know anyone. Lots of my neighbors are cruising in their RVs out to Colorado or where ever. They grumble, but it does not stop them. Of course the poor, the most powerless, will/are suffering but no one cares about them.
We'll save Global Warming for another day.
Old 06-22-2022, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post

LOL, there is not a lack of oil, the refineries are not running full, heck the oil companies are making record profits, they won't change.
Old 06-22-2022, 03:44 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,200 Times in 327 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drcar View Post
LOL, there is not a lack of oil, the refineries are not running full, heck the oil companies are making record profits, they won't change.
Please provide facts and details on the above.
Old 06-22-2022, 04:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,932 Times in 2,455 Posts

Quote:
US Oil production is open.

And they sell it on stock market like every other world producers Now refineries pays price and based on that price sets price for gallon of gas.
Old 06-22-2022, 04:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,932 Times in 2,455 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drcar View Post
LOL, there is not a lack of oil, the refineries are not running full, heck the oil companies
are making record profits, they won't change.
They sell product on stock market, stock market controls prices. Now we can argue over why it goes up fast and comes down slow when price is crud oil drops, but that it.

Crude Oil Prices Today | Brent and WTI Price Charts

Last edited by Topspinmo; 06-22-2022 at 05:00 PM.
Old 06-22-2022, 05:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

The proposal is testimony that politicians think their constituents are stupid.

I grant that they are most certainly silent.....but not stupid.

Twenty cents off five dollar gas!!!!!!!
Old 06-22-2022, 05:52 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Stupid idea.

Band Aid with dirt on the pad.
Oh boy! Can’t wait to get my gas rebate card too. Wondering if I can get reparations with it.
Old 06-22-2022, 05:56 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,969 Times in 754 Posts

Gas prices still aren’t high enough people haven’t adjusted their driving habits still clogging up the highways
Old 06-22-2022, 06:56 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,200 Times in 327 Posts

Personally I love this. That .18 gallon savings will go towards my fund to buy a new electric car. I’ll be just about 107 when that happens. Thanks!
Old 06-22-2022, 07:25 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,722 Times in 665 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tvflguy View Post
Please provide facts and details on the above.
Which part, the oil refineries running at 100%, that Oil companies are making historic profits? They are all in the news.

If they needed more wells, why haven't they drilled ANY of the 1000 permits they already own? Please provide FACTS on that.
Old 06-22-2022, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Pandering to people dumb enough to think this is a good idea.

Where does the money come from to fix roads and bridges on road if nobody pays the gas tax?
Is this the beginning of the "Build Back Better" program?
Old 06-22-2022, 09:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,077 Times in 2,744 Posts

That will make two new ridiculous Federal holidays.
Old 06-22-2022, 09:16 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Which part, the oil refineries running at 100%, that Oil companies are making historic profits? They are all in the news.

If they needed more wells, why haven't they drilled ANY of the 1000 permits they already own? Please provide FACTS on that.
And lord knows, "The News" has never lied to us...

-Tom Petty
Old 06-22-2022, 09:17 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,095 Times in 374 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdulej View Post
If the goal is to get the price of gas down, I don't see how sending more dirty Canadian tarsand oil to China will help. US is already a net exporter of gas. Start by blocking that - could do it tomorrow. But, that will do nothing to lower the price of gas, just like more drilling will do nothing. The problem is a demand problem. People want more and don't (yet) care what the price is. Who has not done something they wanted to do, especially after the pandemic, because gas is up? I don't know anyone. Lots of my neighbors are cruising in their RVs out to Colorado or where ever. They grumble, but it does not stop them. Of course the poor, the most powerless, will/are suffering but no one cares about them.
We'll save Global Warming for another day.
Are you talking about oil or gas? That being natural gas vs gasoline. I see where the US exports more Gasoline now than before. If we are exporting more gasolene , that would seem to suggest that the industry comments that we do not have capacity may be exaggerated. Since exports are somewhat controlled by the government, why wouldn't the administration simply not approve the export, thus making more gasoline available in the USA? That would increase the supply side of the equation.
Closed Thread

Tags
gas, tax, holiday, stupid, idea

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.