Goodbye OJ

Old 04-12-2024, 07:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

Lots of mixed feelings on this one.

My own thoughts mirror a lot of the ones expressed here. I too think he probably got away with murder, and that the "not guilty" verdict was more a reflection of expert jury selection and a defense team who knew how to talk to that jury, than it was a reflection of the facts. But I don't KNOW that, and the folks who do know more than I do made the decision.

On a larger scale, it does point out what I see as a significant weak point of our justice system, and that is media influence on the outcome. I'm not talking about the notorious Court Of Public Opinion--THOSE folks had OJ either outfitted for wings and a halo, or tried, convicted, drawn and quartered all before be blood dried. But over-the-top media "coverage" coupled with judges who seem dead set against granting changes of venue (the judge gets a lot of face time on these sensationalistic trials too, and human nature being what it is...) all too often seem to mean more than the facts.

In any case, it is over and he's gone. R.I.P., OJ: you certainly didn't have very much peace when you were alive.
Old 04-12-2024, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevinator View Post
The title of the thread should have been: “Good riddance, OJ.” That P.O.S. Didn’t deserve the time of day, much less the breaking news announcement of his death.
Agree with you 100%. He should have just been dumped in the biggest garbage heap in existence and left to rot.

His murderous, dirty rotten, devient, satanic deeds overrode the POS being a great ANYTHING, but we know that God is his final judge.
Old 04-12-2024, 07:49 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,201 Times in 327 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by phylt View Post
I so remember watching at the time of the 'glove-fitting'. During that, I thought to myself, how could the prosecution allow this? No doubt the blood-soaked gloves shrunk and are stiff. And he was wearing rubber gloves. ?????????????? Then the acting job trying to pull them on, showing it off, and smirking.

Recently it came out that Johhnie Cocran had OJ stop taking his arthritis meds so his knuckles would swell. Best defense $$$ could buy.

"if it doesn't fit... he's still full of shxt.

Then after the verdict, TV showing the spilt-screen ---- shock vs joy....
My thoughts exactly when seeing that glove attempt. Awful
Old 04-12-2024, 07:51 AM
Veteran member

GOOD RIDDANCE YOU SLIME BUCKET. How does that jury look themselves in the mirror!!! It was black payback. Wonder what they would say today. I lost respect for every member of the dream team. They defended who they KNEW was guilty. OJ slaughtered them.
Old 04-12-2024, 07:55 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
I thought he did the murders but the prosecutors did not prove it beyond a reasonable doubt.
Maybe you want to rethink that statement???? They needed to prove reasonable doubt, not ALL doubt. Too much evidence to even list.
Old 04-12-2024, 08:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,329 Times in 2,059 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedChariot View Post
Maybe you want to rethink that statement???? They needed to prove reasonable doubt, not ALL doubt. Too much evidence to even list.
Not sure what you are writing. The jury found a reasonable doubt. The prosecutors did not prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt. Emphasis on reasonable. Not all doubt.
Old 04-12-2024, 09:12 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,633 Times in 1,766 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Not sure what you are writing. The jury found a reasonable doubt. The prosecutors did not prove their case beyond a reasonable doubt. Emphasis on reasonable. Not all doubt.
Some jury! The trial was a circus. They did not convict him due to his race. Thank God the Goldman's won their civil case although the scumbag dodged paying them even pennies on the dollar.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 04-12-2024, 09:48 AM
Veteran member

The jury was prejudiced but the biggest problem was Marcia Clark. She couldn't find her way out of a closet.
Old 04-12-2024, 10:25 AM

Prosecutors kept pushing the "his DNA was all over the crime scene" narrative. It was his house, so of course, his DNA will be everywhere. That proves nothing.
The defense kept connecting that over-reach to every other piece of evidence they presented. The jury started questioning everything else, wondering what other lies were coming from the prosecutors. The lack of chain of custody of evidence, the conclusions that were not reasonably substantiated by that (now questionable) evidence, the constant hype over the crime scene. Even the famous gloves that shrunk - because they got wet, and the prosecution was clueless.

So the trial did not prove his guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. Case closed.

Many believe he did it, many do not. One side will never convince the other side.
Old 04-12-2024, 10:42 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maker View Post
Prosecutors kept pushing the "his DNA was all over the crime scene" narrative. It was his house, so of course, his DNA will be everywhere. That proves nothing.
The defense kept connecting that over-reach to every other piece of evidence they presented. The jury started questioning everything else, wondering what other lies were coming from the prosecutors. The lack of chain of custody of evidence, the conclusions that were not reasonably substantiated by that (now questionable) evidence, the constant hype over the crime scene. Even the famous gloves that shrunk - because they got wet, and the prosecution was clueless.

So the trial did not prove his guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. Case closed.

Many believe he did it, many do not. One side will never convince the other side.
And the "wrongful deaths" civil trial before a different jury had a different result.
Old 04-12-2024, 10:49 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwann View Post
Darn, I was really hoping for a death-bed confession.
He did. He confessed to killing Jeffrey Epstein.
Old 04-12-2024, 11:43 AM

So many first stone casters. Likely he was really guilty of murder and more, but what about the terrible things we have all done? Perhaps not murder, but just as evil in other ways. Ironically at first, but in reality not, even his sins were able to be fully covered by Grace. But, did he ever ask, is the only question. Humanly, seemingly unfair but amazingly, mercifully, available to all.
Old 04-12-2024, 12:59 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,201 Times in 327 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippy05 View Post
So many first stone casters. Likely he was really guilty of murder and more, but what about the terrible things we have all done? Perhaps not murder, but just as evil in other ways. Ironically at first, but in reality not, even his sins were able to be fully covered by Grace. But, did he ever ask, is the only question. Humanly, seemingly unfair but amazingly, mercifully, available to all.
Hmmm. Yep I’m a “first stone caster”. Haven’t killed anyone to my knowledge. Didn’t need to hire a Dream Team to defend me. So no mercy from me. You seem to be a religious person, showing forgiveness. Sorry, the Ten Commandments apply here. OJ is residing in Hell right now
Old 04-12-2024, 02:06 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,633 Times in 1,766 Posts

I'm with Kato. Kato Kaelin: '''I really believe''' O.J. Simpson '''is guilty''' | Fox News Video

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 04-12-2024, 03:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,279 Times in 4,297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pballer View Post
Now that he is dead, who will take over looking for the real killer?
He can now rest easy, knowing the "real killer" is dead...

-Tom Petty

Tags
goodbye

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.