Goodbye OJ

Old 04-12-2024, 03:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,408 Times in 4,380 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggie1 View Post
Truly one of the most miscarriages of justice this country has ever seen. All things displaying his guilt were there until "If the glove don't fit, you must acquit" ala Johnny Cochran. Of course it didn't fit, it had dried up and shrunk, but even if it hadn't the jury was not about to convict their hero. I still remember the celebration in the streets when the "Not Guilty" was announced, and the looks on the faces of Simpson's attorneys Bob Kardashian and Bob Shapiro told a "You got to be kidding me" story.
It's obvious that there were no golfers on the jury...

They understand that a wet (and bloody) glove will shrink and have to be stretched to get back on...

Add to that, he tried it on OVER a latex glove, didn't really try very hard to put it on and it was reported he had stopped taking his arthritis meds so his hands were swollen...

It was his best acting performance since the Naked Gun movies...

-Tom Petty
Old 04-12-2024, 03:13 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by phylt View Post
I so remember watching at the time of the 'glove-fitting'. During that, I thought to myself, how could the prosecution allow this? No doubt the blood-soaked gloves shrunk and are stiff. And he was wearing rubber gloves. ?????????????? Then the acting job trying to pull them on, showing it off, and smirking.

Recently it came out that Johhnie Cocran had OJ stop taking his arthritis meds so his knuckles would swell. Best defense $$$ could buy.

"if it doesn't fit... he's still full of shxt.

Then after the verdict, TV showing the spilt-screen ---- shock vs joy....
IIRC, it was the prosecution who asked for him to try on the gloves... Dumb move...

They already had a receipt from Bloomingdales showing he bought the very same pair of gloves (same with the Bruno Magli shoes he was wearing that night that left footprints...)

-Tom Petty

Last edited by JMintzer; 04-12-2024 at 03:20 PM.
Old 04-12-2024, 03:18 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maker View Post
Prosecutors kept pushing the "his DNA was all over the crime scene" narrative. It was his house, so of course, his DNA will be everywhere. That proves nothing.
The defense kept connecting that over-reach to every other piece of evidence they presented. The jury started questioning everything else, wondering what other lies were coming from the prosecutors. The lack of chain of custody of evidence, the conclusions that were not reasonably substantiated by that (now questionable) evidence, the constant hype over the crime scene. Even the famous gloves that shrunk - because they got wet, and the prosecution was clueless.

So the trial did not prove his guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. Case closed.

Many believe he did it, many do not. One side will never convince the other side.
It was Nicole's house. He did not live there... There was no reason his DNA should have been "all over the crime scene"...

And the DNA was in the blood samples outside of the home...

-Tom Petty
Old 04-12-2024, 04:14 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippy05 View Post
So many first stone casters. Likely he was really guilty of murder and more, but what about the terrible things we have all done? Perhaps not murder, but just as evil in other ways. Ironically at first, but in reality not, even his sins were able to be fully covered by Grace. But, did he ever ask, is the only question. Humanly, seemingly unfair but amazingly, mercifully, available to all.

Sorry, Maybe I'm a goody two shoes, but WHAT TERRIBLE THINGS have I done????? I would really like to know & since you are accusing ALL of us, then a generic list of our gross misdeeds will do.
Old 04-12-2024, 04:54 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty_Star View Post
Sorry, Maybe I'm a goody two shoes, but WHAT TERRIBLE THINGS have I done????? I would really like to know & since you are accusing ALL of us, then a generic list of our gross misdeeds will do.
I jaywalked a few times and got a few speeding tickets...

-Tom Petty
Old 04-12-2024, 06:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,356 Times in 5,487 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
IIRC, it was the prosecution who asked for him to try on the gloves... Dumb move...

They already had a receipt from Bloomingdales showing he bought the very same pair of gloves (same with the Bruno Magli shoes he was wearing that night that left footprints...)
The prosecutors should get the stupid prosecution award of the year for how they made their case.
Old 04-12-2024, 06:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,356 Times in 5,487 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThirdOfFive View Post
Lots of mixed feelings on this one.

My own thoughts mirror a lot of the ones expressed here. I too think he probably got away with murder, and that the "not guilty" verdict was more a reflection of expert jury selection and a defense team who knew how to talk to that jury, than it was a reflection of the facts. But I don't KNOW that, and the folks who do know more than I do made the decision.

On a larger scale, it does point out what I see as a significant weak point of our justice system, and that is media influence on the outcome. I'm not talking about the notorious Court Of Public Opinion--THOSE folks had OJ either outfitted for wings and a halo, or tried, convicted, drawn and quartered all before be blood dried. But over-the-top media "coverage" coupled with judges who seem dead set against granting changes of venue (the judge gets a lot of face time on these sensationalistic trials too, and human nature being what it is...) all too often seem to mean more than the facts.

In any case, it is over and he's gone. R.I.P., OJ: you certainly didn't have very much peace when you were alive.
Didnt deserve any peace while he was alive after what almost all of us feel he got away with.
Old 04-12-2024, 07:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,368 Times in 2,085 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Englander View Post
OJ is in Hell. Where he belongs.
No one knows what happens after you die unless you believe in the occult, ghosts, etc. And every culture has had its own versions of heaven and hell. We will all find out soon enough. No need to rush things.

A reading of The Bible 's "New Testament" does suggest that if you are honest about repentence for your sins that you will go to Heaven. So OJ Simpson could be there and you could ask him what he did on earth.
Old 04-12-2024, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedChariot View Post
GOOD RIDDANCE YOU SLIME BUCKET. How does that jury look themselves in the mirror!!! It was black payback. Wonder what they would say today. I lost respect for every member of the dream team. They defended who they KNEW was guilty. OJ slaughtered them.
Just watched a clip from an interview with one of the jurors - she stated that they knew O.J. killed Nicole and Ron, but let him off for revenge (Rodney King). All of the evidence, witnesses, experts, decisions the prosecution made, Johnnie Cochran's BS, etc. meant absolutely nothing - this was about race, period.

"The final jury for the trial had 10 women and 2 men, of whom 9 were black, 1 hispanic, and 2 white." This is the one and only reason O.J. got off.

The jury for his civil trial was mostly white, and they found him liable. Case(s) closed.
Old 04-13-2024, 07:25 AM

Think the real killer just died!!!!!! 😂
Old 04-13-2024, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skippy05 View Post
So many first stone casters. Likely he was really guilty of murder and more, but what about the terrible things we have all done? Perhaps not murder, but just as evil in other ways. Ironically at first, but in reality not, even his sins were able to be fully covered by Grace. But, did he ever ask, is the only question. Humanly, seemingly unfair but amazingly, mercifully, available to all.
You are correct. Grace is available to all, regardless of what one has done, or not done.

However, the commentary here on OJ is about how he escaped man's justice on earth. And I, and the majority of others, believe he did. And ironically, his lack of receiving justice on earth most likely stopped him from seeking the grace that would have allowed him to avoid receiving his just reward after death. After all, he got away with it. No need to think about it anymore.

I would also say that you would have a hard time today finding anyone that still believes he didn't do it. I would say half the people cheering his acquittal 30 years ago believed he did it, but because of their warped idea of justice, didn't care. You still see that today, which is sad.
Old 04-13-2024, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tvflguy View Post
Hmmm. Yep I’m a “first stone caster”. Haven’t killed anyone to my knowledge. Didn’t need to hire a Dream Team to defend me. So no mercy from me. You seem to be a religious person, showing forgiveness. Sorry, the Ten Commandments apply here. OJ is residing in Hell right now
First Stone caster here on O.J. too, and his creepozoid lawyers who are probably all burning in the flames together now!!!

O.J. is stinking up hell for all time.
No one wants to end up THERE next to that scumbag and his lawyers. Jury may still have time to repent.

His TRUE Judgement Day had arrived this week.
AND, THERE WAS NO SIDEBAR.
Old 04-13-2024, 08:14 AM
Default O. J.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
He was both a great running back and total scumbag. I will never forget him terrorizing the Patriots with 200+ yard rushing games when he played for the Bills.
Always enjoyed the way he owned the hated NE Patriots. RIP!!
Old 04-13-2024, 09:41 AM
Veteran member
Default Payback for Rodney King

The change of venue probably caused the makeup of the jury made a conviction much more challenging. Not sure of the reason. I remember a commentary from a pundit that it was because the DA thought it would be better for media exposure. But their were other opinions.

And I believe with Mark Fuhrman as a key witness and the Rodney King death trial, the prosecution case was doomed with 9 blacks on the jury regardless of the evidence.
Quote:
O.J. Simpson Juror Admits That They Believed He Was Guilty, But Let Him Off As "Payback" For Rodney King
One of O.J. Simpson's jurors revealed that 90% of them believed the murder suspect was guilty, but they let him off as "payback" for Rodney King's case.
OJ Juror: We Acquitted Because Of Rodney King - YouTube

Last edited by ithos; 04-13-2024 at 09:52 AM.
Old 04-13-2024, 09:58 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,680 Times in 1,781 Posts

Goldman, Brown families could be first in line for OJ Simpson'''s assets | AP News

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine

Tags
goodbye

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.