Governor shuts down bars

Closed Thread
Old 06-28-2020, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BS Beef View Post
When did it become OK for the government to shut down businesses? No one finds this even a little disconcerting? What happened to personal responsibility?

I’ll get out of the way of the slings and arrows now
Government has to step in when the public loses all common sense.
Old 06-28-2020, 06:54 AM

Wal-Mart was not allowed to sell anything other than groceries in many places for a long time.
Old 06-28-2020, 06:57 AM

Costco, Walmart, Target barred from selling nonessential items in parts of US - Business Insider
Old 06-28-2020, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Making masks mandatory and closing businesses are 2 very different things. I am far more fearful of a government that can wield that kind of arbitrary power than I am of COVID. If I want/need to avoid the the virus I know what to do. I can’t avoid an all powerful government.
They’re the same thing....doing what is necessary to stem the spread of the virus. Closing businesses is trying to make people stay home. Wearing masks is IF you HAVE to go out....protect others. The governor won’t make wearing masks mandatory. Sad. And, some STILL do not know WHAT to do, so someone has to hold their hand and tell them!
And, if you want to see what wearing masks and closing businesses has done, look to Europe. They’ve been successful with this!
Old 06-28-2020, 07:02 AM
Default Protestors

If the spread of the virus was mostly from protestors then why is New York not having a huge increase like Florida and Texas??
Old 06-28-2020, 07:06 AM
Send a message via ICQ to Akentut
Default Just lost it...

Could be because those people lost the use of one of their senses... like the COMMON one. And now we need someone that still has it to make the decision for them.
Old 06-28-2020, 07:15 AM
Michael Charles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennyt View Post
If the spread of the virus was mostly from protestors then why is New York not having a huge increase like Florida and Texas??
Exactly!
Old 06-28-2020, 07:16 AM

Quote:
When did it become OK for the government to shut down businesses? No one finds this even a little disconcerting? What happened to personal responsibility?

The 2nd amendment exists to protect the rest of our rights under the constitution. I think nothing short of a major rebellion by business owners and customers (both armed) will stop this government over reach. If you think bars are dangerous, stay home. Think beach is contaminates - stay home. Leave everyone else alone. Why does the government care? Has to be tax dollars or something other than they actually care - we know they don't.
Old 06-28-2020, 07:19 AM
Send a message via AIM to HelenLCSW
Default Shutting down the bar

Quote:

You jumped to a conclusion —not shutting down bars —shutting down the bar where people are sitting close together, socializing and not wearing masks. The serving of alcohol in restaurants where people are social distancing has not been stopped.
Old 06-28-2020, 07:22 AM
Default DeSantis

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
My experience with writing to Desantis is no response. Not even an acknowledgement from his office recognizing a constituent contact.

I have written representatives most of my life time. His void of total lack of response is a first!
Remember that next time you vote!
Old 06-28-2020, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dcurrie911 View Post
While the government has the legal right to shut down businesses for the sake of public health I believe that they made grievous mistakes in what they did and how they did it and I sent serval letters to the Governor stating as much.
No, they do not have the legal right to do any such thing. Here's a chunk of the 14th amendment for you to chew on:

"No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property ...

Liberty and Property encompasses running your business to pay your bills and feed your family. So, you can't talk to me about some law that the governor's have ... no such law can exist or be enforced. If you cite a law, then go back and read the 14th amendment. A virus or health crisis does NOT trump the constitution. Nothing trumps the constitution. It is the law of the land.

I'm not wearing a mask. I'm not social distancing. People uneducated in the laws and rights of this land can just go pound sand.
Old 06-28-2020, 07:28 AM
Default Confused about emergency

Quote:
Originally Posted by John41 View Post
the lack of personal responsibility (wearing masks and social distancing)
increased covid19 cases and required shutting down the worst offenders.
If there truly was a public health emergency..... As far as I know, hospitals are not seeing a big problem due to Covid. THAT would be the emergency.
Tens of thousands die from the flu every year. In fact, 80,000 died not so long ago. Did we hear a peep about that ? Do we shut down everything for that ? What is the cutoff ? And did you know how many deaths are counted where COVID was NOT the cause of death but just they tested positive ? I am trying to find out if flu is counted the same way, it I’m guessing not.
Old 06-28-2020, 07:30 AM

Walmart had the essential food and drugs. Same with Target.
Old 06-28-2020, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pennyt View Post
Because the increase in numbers is mostly from an increase in testing and many are asymptomatic or with mild symptoms brining the mortality rate down to 0.36 and falling.
Old 06-28-2020, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneclickplus View Post
The 2nd amendment exists to protect the rest of our rights under the constitution. I think nothing short of a major rebellion by business owners and customers (both armed) will stop this government over reach. If you think bars are dangerous, stay home. Think beach is contaminates - stay home. Leave everyone else alone. Why does the government care? Has to be tax dollars or something other than they actually care - we know they don't.
Again ALL ABOUT ME. How about doing something for the good of the society that we all benefit from. Unless there is a law passed to take away your supposed "Right" the government has taken nothing away from anyone. Where does it say in the Constitution that an individuals right includes the endangering of other individuals right to safety in public? This is not about taking anything away from citizens permanently it is about human beings working together to save other human beings lives.
Closed Thread

Tags
governor, happened, personal, responsibility, duck

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.