Governor shuts down bars

Closed Thread
Old 06-28-2020, 07:36 AM

Sorry, it’s not all the protesters. The states that are surging are the ones that recently opened. They did not practice social distancing once the restaurants and bars opened, nor wore masks.
Old 06-28-2020, 07:39 AM

There is a spike, a surge. Hospitalizations are going up. That’s your barometer.
Old 06-28-2020, 07:41 AM

Right, when these states reopened, they didn’t feel the need for social distancing or masks.
Old 06-28-2020, 07:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girlcopper View Post
Well said. If people had followed the original suggestions of social distancing then the businesses wouldnt have been shut down. Pretty sad that the govt has to step in and mandate things because some people are either too ignorant or entitled to care about others
Could that be why you can’t drive drunk or speed through school zones or PASS a stopped school bus with their stop sign out?
There are all kind of laws that remove you PERSONAL RIGHTS.
Here’s an idea, get a straw and suck it up.
Old 06-28-2020, 07:42 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singerlady View Post
Government has to step in when the public loses all common sense.
Who steps in when the government has lost all common sense?
Old 06-28-2020, 07:44 AM

We live in the "Me syndrome" so there is no personal responsibility and therefore I am all for closing all restaurants, beaches and bars again. Until the government gets it head out of the sand and mandates everyone wear a mask, then we must shut down. How can you eat with a mask on? You can't so shut the places down.
Old 06-28-2020, 07:46 AM

That 80,000 was for a YEAR. We are at 128,000+ deaths in a little over 3 months. No cure. No vaccine. No simple flu shot nor Tamiflu. This is deadly. Highly contagious. It also can do lasting damage to certain organs of your body that can last for months or the rest of your life.
Old 06-28-2020, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BS Beef View Post
When did it become OK for the government to shut down businesses? No one finds this even a little disconcerting? What happened to personal responsibility?

I’ll get out of the way of the slings and arrows now
Since cases of Covid have sky rocketed. It's only bars at this point but if people are too stupid or selfish or hung up on their "rights", it will lead to many more types of businesses being shut down. It is simply common sense.
Old 06-28-2020, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John41 View Post
the lack of personal responsibility (wearing masks and social distancing)
increased covid19 cases and required shutting down the worst offenders.
No! The worst offenders were still in massive crowds in the streets protesting. Then going to the beach or bars, but since the cdc is not interested in accurately reporting contact tracing by including protesting people, it appears the beaches and bars are responsible. Why waste tax payer money doing contact tracing if the information you are using is false. This proves nothing and does not tell us where the virus is actually the problem.
Old 06-28-2020, 08:06 AM

People NOT displaying personal responsibility and the concern for other people's health by the idiots who don't wear masks when out in public make it necessary for the government to tell us to be grown ups.
Old 06-28-2020, 08:10 AM
theruizs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
No slimgs and arrows from me. If you are afraid of getting infected stay at home. Dont think your mask will protect you.

In this time, you can order anything to your house. So afraid, stay home and order what u need.
After all this and people still don’t get that the masks are primarily to protect others, not yourself. If the mask-naysayers would have been less me-first and wore masks and followed social distancing rules, this would not happening. The bars shutting down and the looming re-lockdown is the fault of the non-compliant naysayers, plain and simple.
Old 06-28-2020, 08:11 AM

It's not ok. And, I'd like to see the science that suggests these increases were due to people congregating in bars. Why the hell are they picking on bars? I've had enough of the BS.
Old 06-28-2020, 08:14 AM

If you have been to any resturants that also include a seperate bar people are packed in shoulder to shoulder. there is no social distancing at all. We went to Sumter Landing 2 weeks ago and walked around our observations were that most eating/drinking outside area was exceding the capacity alot. Again we visited on Friday to go pick up at Panara Bread at 10am the whole area was bumper to bumper cars, carts and people. We did not even get out of the car. Only SOME wearing masks

Also alot of the new positive tests are 20-30 age group- again bars, beaches and an attitude of ME

Be prepared for more to shut down or scale back with the rapid rise of cases in Florida, we are not doing a good job ourselves.
Old 06-28-2020, 08:23 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Guess people haven't been going to the Supermarkets. I'd say it's 50/50 on the masks. Stop at the Deli counter no social distancing, or look corn on the cop on sale lets get some and stand there and husk it with the 3 other people there. Go into the pasta isle after you follow the arrows oh look my favorite Pasta is on sale I'll stand here with the 4 other people and get my pasta. The meat counter isle oh I'll take the piece 3 other people just threw back. Paper goods isle is the safest in the store because it's empty period. Now to check out the poor clerk who stands there all day probably touching a thousand items a day has to stand there and take your money IF you don't use your credit card then it's off to the lotto ticket line and this person has to stand there and touch everyone's money. Yep it's the bars fault for sure!
Old 06-28-2020, 08:30 AM
Veteran member

Yeah...look at the poor clerk who has to touch everything.
Probably the healthiest person there. Exposed to everybody and everything. Must be some Covid germs there somewhere.
How many clerks have died from Covid? I'd bet few to none. Probably because by their exposure, they have ANTIBODIES!
Closed Thread

Tags
governor, happened, personal, responsibility, duck

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.