Governor shuts down bars

Closed Thread
Old 06-28-2020, 08:44 AM

Personal Responsibility has succumbed to the ME Attitude! YOU’RE health and safety is dependent on SOMEONE ELSE’S “Personal Responsibility”. A vicious cycle doomed by the ME Attitude. If everyone doesn’t comply, then social distancing and wearing masks become useless. Better to just stay in your bunker and wait until everyone outside dies.

Last edited by ribil; 06-28-2020 at 08:53 AM.
Old 06-28-2020, 08:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,923 Times in 1,112 Posts
Default Afraid ????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gpsma View Post
No slimgs and arrows from me. If you are afraid of getting infected stay at home. Dont think your mask will protect you.

In this time, you can order anything to your house. So afraid, stay home and order what u need.
im not afraid when I wear my seatbelt , I just know it will help me if I’m in accident, I’m not afraid of smoking , I just know it will help my health , I’m not afraid when I wear a mask , I just know it will help keep someone safe , if I’m infected , all worthwhile government actions
Old 06-28-2020, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BS Beef View Post
Making masks mandatory and closing businesses are 2 very different things. I am far more fearful of a government that can wield that kind of arbitrary power than I am of COVID. If I want/need to avoid the the virus I know what to do. I can’t avoid an all powerful government.
Thank you for your rational voice in a wilderness of sanity. I've seen VERY FEW posts broaching that aspect (liberty / overreach of government) on either side of the argument. Few people seem to operate on principle anymore but rather on self-interest, it seems - if it doesn't affect them, who cares. But, if it does, a barrage of incessant posts on the same subjects gushes forth. Yesterday, I wrote a response to the post below

Yes, Florida closed all bars. Liquor can be sold still at restaurants. Broward County never opened their bars yet, so no big deal. I doubt the world will end if you cant go to a bar.

... I'm guessing that you're forgetting It might mean the end for the small business owner trying to put bread on the table for his family … after paying his landlord each month for the privilege to stay closed. How is anyone in authority (ignoring Constitutional implications) able to pick and choose which businesses are permitted to make a living; social distancing, or whatever else is required, should be universal for all, without favoritism shown! In my opinion, this edict, ultimately, is ripe for a class action suit and I hope it happens.

Fred
Old 06-28-2020, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by Singerlady
Government has to step in when the public loses all common sense

Quote:
Originally Posted by toeser View Post
Who steps in when the government has lost all common sense?
That's assuming that the government has common sense

Fred
Old 06-28-2020, 09:34 AM

when folks say stay at home if your afraid that's just another way of saying they do not take the virus seriously . What a shame folks don't listen to science. The best minds in the world all agree that masks make a big difference . It is the lack of all people making the sacrifice for the betterment of humanity that will be the downfall of are battle against this pandemic .
Old 06-28-2020, 09:38 AM
Location: Wisconsin, California, military, California, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Illinois, (Ugh!) and, FINALLY, TV
Default Covid-1984

Quote:
When did it become OK for the government to shut down businesses? No one finds this even a little disconcerting? What happened to personal responsibility?

I’ll get out of the way of the slings and arrows now
I thought alcohol killed the China bug. Oh, well, it's just another opportunity for "gubment" to condition us - getting us used to be (even more) controlled. Sad, indeed.
Old 06-28-2020, 09:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,052 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ffresh View Post
Originally Posted by Singerlady
Government has to step in when the public loses all common sense

That's assuming that the government has common sense

Fred
Your right the govt knows how to spend money not so much saving.

Wonder how many of the dead people who received their checks recently have returned them? Amazing how the govt sent checks in the billions. One could think that they would have an idea who among us has passed on.

But than again lots of dead people seem to be able to continue to vote.
Old 06-28-2020, 09:48 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

OH, I won't touch this comment, it'll just start an arguement, to many Pro & Con comments. Have a great Covid19 day!
Old 06-28-2020, 09:55 AM

The government puts up traffic signals for public safety. It has school zone speed limits for the children's safety. During a pandemic it is the government's duty to try to keep its citizens as safe as possible. It may be an inconvenience but it is a necessity. Ask the families of the 120,000 Americans who have died from the coronavirus is they want the government to stay out of this.
Old 06-28-2020, 10:12 AM
Angry

Quote:
When did it become OK for the government to shut down businesses? No one finds this even a little disconcerting? What happened to personal responsibility?

BSbeef:

If the people of this country had any regard for personal responsibility, the governmEnt wouldn’t have had to step in. Also, too many people still think this virus is a joke! IT IS NOT
Old 06-28-2020, 10:16 AM

AMEN to that!!! They are the biggest part of the many problems for this country.
Old 06-28-2020, 10:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,923 Times in 1,112 Posts
Default Protesters

Quote:
Originally Posted by ldivens View Post
I have also written many letters to the Governor as well about the same topic. I also have written about the protesters causing higher numbers and wondered why that behavior is allowed to put so many people at risk and goes on and on. That is the plan you know?
why have I not seen anyone who is complaining about spike from protesters also complaining about Large political rallies and mega church gatherings that are taking place indoors , Oh I know why because they have a constitutional right , PEACEFUL PROTESTERS Not so much
Old 06-28-2020, 10:23 AM
Default Responsibility? Hunh!

Quote:

Come on, you know very well that personal responsibility has been on the skids for a few decades. Why expect it now?
Chip
Old 06-28-2020, 10:25 AM

Quote:

Public health and the common good gives governments that RESPONSIBILITY.
Old 06-28-2020, 10:27 AM
Default China Bug? Why Not Name It Ignorance Bug?

Quote:
Originally Posted by donfey View Post
I thought alcohol killed the China bug. Oh, well, it's just another opportunity for "gubment" to condition us - getting us used to be (even more) controlled. Sad, indeed.
May seem normal and common to use put-downs in front of the Chinese Americans by the tens of thousands who are citizens of the USA.

However, it doesn't fly with me. Please call this virus by its SCIENTIFIC name, a name that does not carry racial slurs or jokes with it: Covid-19.
Chip
Closed Thread

Tags
governor, happened, personal, responsibility, duck

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.