Governor shuts down bars

Closed Thread
Old 06-28-2020, 10:36 AM
Arrow Bars

This my friend is SOCIAL ENGINEERING. It is all a test. Before 911 no one would allow another person to pat them down and the gov changed our behavior to think it is normal. Read 'agenda 21' or the Georga guidestones. With the snap of the fingers people will blindly follow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BS Beef View Post
When did it become OK for the government to shut down businesses? No one finds this even a little disconcerting? What happened to personal responsibility?

I’ll get out of the way of the slings and arrows now
Old 06-28-2020, 10:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts

Government has to act when the residents become a danger to themselves.
Old 06-28-2020, 10:59 AM

It’s not about you. It’s for safety of others. Do you only care about yourself?
Old 06-28-2020, 11:02 AM
Cool And the golf cart rallies? Few masks, little social distancing, obscenities flying.

I am an almost ex-Villager. When the college cart rallies, 4th of July parades, Christmas festivities etc. took place it was fun. GOOD SPIRITED fun. Today's Villagers, putt-putting around like bullying tykes in red, white and blue rompers, snapped up by an adult and sent out to "Play" loudly and incoherently....Whose oversized Big Wheels rumble through the street, many with mean spirited signs and slogans.....What happened to "Oh Beautiful for Spacious Skies" ; "Oh Say, Can You See?"; Does anyone even know the words to "God Bless America"? Times have changed in The Villages during the last dozen or so years and I'm getting ready to go back to my REAL Friendliest Home Town. On that note, it's a long way from Withlacooche!
Old 06-28-2020, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
I assume that would include the walk up bars/kiosks in the town squares if they still plan to start the town square entertainment in early July?
That would be my expectation, based on the way it was worded. It seems it's basically you have to sit at a table to have a drink.
Old 06-28-2020, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcm5517@comcast.net View Post
I am an almost ex-Villager. When the college cart rallies, 4th of July parades, Christmas festivities etc. took place it was fun. GOOD SPIRITED fun. Today's Villagers, putt-putting around like bullying tykes in red, white and blue rompers, snapped up by an adult and sent out to "Play" loudly and incoherently....Whose oversized Big Wheels rumble through the street, many with mean spirited signs and slogans.....What happened to "Oh Beautiful for Spacious Skies" ; "Oh Say, Can You See?"; Does anyone even know the words to "God Bless America"? Times have changed in The Villages during the last dozen or so years and I'm getting ready to go back to my REAL Friendliest Home Town. On that note, it's a long way from Withlacooche!
Yes, there are a few idjits out there, but if you don't give them the attention they are seeking, they lose interest; except for one.
Old 06-28-2020, 11:48 AM

Just sounds like you enjoy drinking. Welcome to The Villages. Personal pleasure before social responsibility
Old 06-28-2020, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John41 View Post
the lack of personal responsibility (wearing masks and social distancing)
increased covid19 cases and required shutting down the worst offenders.
The way I see it... businesses are in a tough position. If I owned one now, and used to, I would have required masks if you want to enter my establishment. I would make sure that social distancing was provided. I would do everything possible to prove to my customers and employees that I have done everything possible to eliminate the risk. I may lose some, but, I would be able to stay open and most likely survive. Once it goes public that one of your customers or employees are tested positive.... you might as well have stayed closed. Sad, but you can not leave it up to the public to follow guidelines, so you have to make your own.
Old 06-28-2020, 12:13 PM

Yeah, but protesting, rioting and tearing down statues, that's all good. Yeah, right.
Old 06-28-2020, 12:15 PM

What type of business did you own?
Old 06-28-2020, 12:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

The good news is that the overwhelming number of people here are friendly and are looking out for each other. This site, as well as the not to be mentioned other site, seem to find joy in identifying the not so nice things and people. The good news in that is both sites represent a small portion of the total population. We have friends that are here, did the lifestyle visit for a week then rented a house for another 30 days. They have met one grumpy old man. They also travel all over this land and across the pond and made it clear this place has the friendliest people. Their philosophy is that if people annoy you disassociate yourself and here, there are plenty of nice people to connect to. We have been here six years and still find it the friendliest hometown.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 06-28-2020, 02:05 PM

A few stupids and non team players ruined it for the rest of us.
Florida is peaking so more drastic measures are needed to protect the public at large.
Old 06-28-2020, 03:53 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbles View Post
May seem normal and common to use put-downs in front of the Chinese Americans by the tens of thousands who are citizens of the USA.

However, it doesn't fly with me. Please call this virus by its SCIENTIFIC name, a name that does not carry racial slurs or jokes with it: Covid-19.
Chip
Covid19 is NOT it's scientific name.That is the disease you get from the virus. The correct scientific name is SARS-Cov-2, or as it is commonly called by it's place of origin, the Wuhan virus. Just like Zika, Ebola, etc. These are FACTS, not "put-downs".
Old 06-28-2020, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BS Beef View Post
When did it become OK for the government to shut down businesses? No one finds this even a little disconcerting? What happened to personal responsibility?

I’ll get out of the way of the slings and arrows now
Get real. It's a public health issue. Of course it's OK to close down businesses to stop the spread. Look how well NY did after they shut down everything. During the 40-50s in OHIO they quarantined our home if someone had measles or scarlet fever. No one could come in, no one could leave.
Old 06-28-2020, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eyc234 View Post
Shut down because most people are as dumb as a box of rocks and have an ALL ABOUT ME ATTITUDE. America has become a country of people that only think of themselves and do not worry about people on the other side of whatever their belief happens to be.
Thanks
Closed Thread

Tags
governor, happened, personal, responsibility, duck

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.