The Great Divide

Closed Thread
Old 10-13-2021, 12:01 PM
Default The Great Divide

I am well aware of the pros / cons voiced by the ‘North vs South of 44’ constituents. I think everyone would agree though that what makes TV appealing regardless of where you live is the beauty of the area. Two recent events i think are threatening this and accentuating this divide: 1) creation of a separate PWAC for CDDs 12+, and 2 ) I read that CDD12 is now employing a special hearing master to review resident aesthetic related applications in lieu of ARC. A CDD1 supervisor voiced concern that this approach may give more emphasis to the legality of requests vs the aesthetic impact. I agree with him. Part of the uniqueness of TV is due to the rules to maintain visual consistency of the homes and villages. I see these two changes in particular (what can be changed per home and what / how the common areas will be maintained) as having a big impact on the overall community. Could TV be headed for a more formal split into two Villages (north & south)? What’s to stop changes in amenity fees between the two areas and potential additional fees for those from one area to use the amenities in the other?

How can one or. more CDDs decide to just do their own thing at the expense of the rest of the community? At a minimum the ARC replacement should require a approval from a majority of all CDD’s just as the PWAC split did. And …in both cases a process to enforce some level of overall consistency is needed.

Interested in your thoughts on this movement. Are you concerned?
Old 10-13-2021, 12:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Old 10-13-2021, 12:47 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,775 Times in 3,643 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
I need more than popcorn for this one.

Tags
areas, pwac, villages, aesthetic, consistency

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.