Had our Covid Vaccinations yesterday.

Closed Thread
Old 12-17-2020, 11:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

Here is a link to the UK. NHS site. This is our main source of information.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccine - NHS
Old 12-17-2020, 03:36 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
Wife and I had our Pfizer/BioNTech Covid vaccine injections in UK yesterday evening.

For a first day mass programme roll out, all was well run. We were given a time for our injections, (5pm.) and told to arrive no earlier than 10 minutes before.
Report, fill in forms, sign to agree to injection, then after another short wait, vaccinated, and all within (bar 7 minutes) of our alloted time.
Most impressed.
You then went too a monitoring area for a 15 minute wait in case of any immediate reaction, which there wasn't, so drove home. Never saw anyone have reaction.

5 hours after my injection I started to get a cold sweat, and had a complete loss of nearly all my energy. Went to bed, and fell into a deep sleep.
Feel fine this morning, but still a little lethargic, but no other symtoms, so not a problem.
No other reactions, no lumps or inflamation around injection site.

Wife has had no reaction whatsoever, which was to be expected, as no vaccine or virus in its right mind, would have the balls to upset her in the first place!

21 days to booster jab, then after 7 more days, we should have the 90-95% immunity. 28 days in total from first jab.

After nursing homes, carers etc. us over 80's are the first in line, with the age groups working down, plus those with degrees of vulnerability, but with a UK population of over 68,000,000 it is a really major operation!

Keep well.
Bill

Hello, Two Bills, and thank you, thank you for sharing your experience with being among the first to get the vaccine.

What you are doing with your updates is highly meaningful for many of us.

You are kindly providing us with a primary source. Primary sources are my favorite kind of source. There is nothing to compare with being able to read someone’s own words, written in a historic time.

I keep checking in for your latest update.

Boomer
Old 12-17-2020, 03:52 PM
Default Vaccinations in The Villages

Does anyone know when the vaccinations will be available here? Who will qualify?
Old 12-17-2020, 04:41 PM

First, let me say thank you for your first hand experience. It is a topic of conversation whoever you talk to as to whether you will take the vaccine or wait or not take it at all. My question is, since the vaccine is 90-95% effective, were you advised to still wear a mask in public after the second booster (give or take a month after booster). Since there is still a 5-10% chance that one can still get the virus, and that so many people are getting infected each day, that there is still a risk although quite low? Do we need to wait till most of the population get vaccinated and the Covid cases drop to very low numbers to totally get rid of our masks? so many questions unknown.
Old 12-17-2020, 04:58 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barborv View Post
First, let me say thank you for your first hand experience. It is a topic of conversation whoever you talk to as to whether you will take the vaccine or wait or not take it at all. My question is, since the vaccine is 90-95% effective, were you advised to still wear a mask in public after the second booster (give or take a month after booster). Since there is still a 5-10% chance that one can still get the virus, and that so many people are getting infected each day, that there is still a risk although quite low? Do we need to wait till most of the population get vaccinated and the Covid cases drop to very low numbers to totally get rid of our masks? so many questions unknown.
We havn't been notified anything regarding that question.
We will obviously feel a lot more confident in public, and certainl travel again if permitted, but we will have to still follow relevant guidlines I would assume.
Old 12-17-2020, 08:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spalumbos62 View Post
I dont think it's 28 days then freedom...I understand it to be 28days(then 7 days waiting) and then You will be safe but you can still get the germ,carry the germ,share the germ... but not get sick from the germ..... so still mask up and social dist ance... for awhile... this is what Fauci is saying .
Our community will be eligible for the vaccine in around the same time frame. Anyone who is an anti-vaxxer, will not be protected by me because I will NOT wear a mask once I am immune. I'm not about to worry about protecting an anti-vaxxer when they refuse to protect themselves. Anyone who is unable to receive the vaccine will just have to continue to protect themselves by social distancing themselves from others.

Last edited by coffeebean; 12-17-2020 at 08:49 PM.
Old 12-17-2020, 09:34 PM

Yeah 👍
Old 12-18-2020, 06:10 AM
Sage

Day three.

My wife continues to show no sypmtoms, which is great, and means at least one of us is available to make a cup of tea!
I seem to have gone back a stage after feeling a lot better yesterday.
I am as drained out as the first day. No pains or other side effects, just totaly lethargic.
However, the advice sheet says this after effect can last up to a week, so I am not concerned.
The slight pain in the injection arm has disappeared completely, and is no longer an issue.
Stay well.
Bill.
Old 12-18-2020, 07:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

Quote:
Day three.

My wife continues to show no sypmtoms, which is great, and means at least one of us is available to make a cup of tea!
I seem to have gone back a stage after feeling a lot better yesterday.
I am as drained out as the first day. No pains or other side effects, just totaly lethargic.
However, the advice sheet says this after effect can last up to a week, so I am not concerned.
The slight pain in the injection arm has disappeared completely, and is no longer an issue.
Stay well.
Bill.
Thank you for keeping us all in the loop...be well
Old 12-18-2020, 10:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

If need be The Villages already knows how to organize the total population just like they do elections and flu shot distribution in years past.
Old 12-21-2020, 05:40 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,377 Times in 500 Posts

Any new updates?
Old 12-21-2020, 08:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

I have been told that those in UK are better at following the advice of the medical community then the US. I suspect the majority of their population will be vaccinated and a higher percentage of the population will help defeating the virus and protecting their family and friends and neighbors. A little different here, as an earlier poster stated he is out to infect those that do not believe as he does and will not participate in helping others.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 12-22-2020, 06:54 AM
Sage

Final update.

Sorry for not updating, but I have not been online recently due to other circumstances

My lovely wife is still without any symptoms,and at this stage is unlikely to have any at all.
I am now back to pre vaccinaion strength, and felt fine after 6 days.

After the last update I had to go into hospital for a pre-arranged test. NOT COVID RELATED!

The night I was admitted, my wife was alone in our home when some scumbags tried to break in.
Thankfully our glass is super strong and although they tried to smash two of our large patio door windows they never got in.
Wife was, and still is of course traumatised, but we have family nearby, who were here even before the police, which in UK is not difficult!
We are quite rural, and probably had a false sense of security.
Not now, and we are at present installing many security updates.
That is why I did not continue to update.

Happy Christmas to you all.

Stay safe.
Bill.
Old 12-22-2020, 07:30 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,377 Times in 500 Posts

Quote:
Final update.

Sorry for not updating, but I have not been online recently due to other circumstances

My lovely wife is still without any symptoms,and at this stage is unlikely to have any at all.
I am now back to pre vaccinaion strength, and felt fine after 6 days.

After the last update I had to go into hospital for a pre-arranged test. NOT COVID RELATED!

The night I was admitted, my wife was alone in our home when some scumbags tried to break in.
Thankfully our glass is super strong and although they tried to smash two of our large patio door windows they never got in.
Wife was, and still is of course traumatised, but we have family nearby, who were here even before the police, which in UK is not difficult!
We are quite rural, and probably had a false sense of security.
Not now, and we are at present installing many security updates.
That is why I did not continue to update.

Happy Christmas to you all.

Stay safe.
Bill.
So sorry to hear this. Your updates have been very helpful. Hope you have a Merry Christmas in spite of it.
Old 12-22-2020, 08:23 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Good morning,Two Bills,

Thank you for the update. (I have been checking up on you each morning. ) I am glad to know you are back to normal strength.

I am so sorry that your wife had to go through such a horrible scare.

I wish a good Christmas and a peaceful Happy New Year to both of you.

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 12-22-2020 at 08:31 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
days, reaction, injection, injections, covid

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.