Ignoring the Science on Booster Shots NYT

Closed Thread
Old 09-06-2021, 10:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,068 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spalumbos62 View Post
Well....someone just stated they got their 3rd shot...from their dr. ?
I assume that Dr knows more.

Of course, we are all assuming 3rd shot "make up" is the same as what would be in a booster. Are we getting more of the same...or an extra kick?

Not to play devils advocate here, but what's stopping some very,very paranoid person from going place to place, month after month, getting shots? I'm sure the demographic info could be fudged.
I know, I know. I need to stop before I put ideas into heads....but you have to wonder.
See post #33.

3rd shots of Pfizer or Moderna for immunocompromised individuals were authorized last month.

3rd shots for everyone else have not been authorized at this time.

Pfizer has submitted the necessary paperwork and the committee is meeting on the 17th(?) so authorization for Pfizer by the 20th is mathematically possible.

It has been reported that Moderna has not yet submitted the necessary paperwork so there is no data for the committee to review.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 09-06-2021, 10:35 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrymini View Post
Fauci the liar would not recognize science if it hit him in the face.
The current “administration” does not seem to understand science or anything else.
Since you distrust them so much I assume you know what's best and probably didn't take the shot from such an incompetent source.....good luck with that.
Old 09-06-2021, 10:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
I thought Moderna wasn't ready yet for a third dose to be administered? How were you able to get a Moderna booster? Who administered it?

Regarding your reaction from your third Moderna shot........did you have a reaction from your second shot of Moderna? After my second Moderna shot, I had a fever of nearly 103 and was down for the count for about 12 hours but was perfectly back to normal after that. Just wondering what the third Moderna shot is going to do to me. Yikes!
My Doctor didn't call it a Booster. He just told me to show up and get the Third Shot. I was trying to illustrate that the whole give and take on this thread can be overcome by your own Doctor. I guess it doesn't matter what the Talking Heads in the Government or the TOTV'S say. What matters is that I got the shot.

I never expected another shot. I was in the Doctors office on another issue and he directed me where to be and gave me the time to show up.

My reaction to shot #1 & shot #2 were much less than #3. I was knocked out for over 24 hours and felt like garbage for 2 full days. I felt feverish but kept checking and never actually had a fever. Today is day four and the red mark at the injection site is way less than it was. Whoa, it looked rough for a while.

Who administer it? That's too much information for me to disclose. I answered your post out of respect for you and to try and help you decide what to do but the real answer to this is really between you and your Doctor. Good Luck.
Old 09-06-2021, 11:19 AM

Why would anyone trust the gov/corporations who are in the business to make money. Their investors, big pharma, gates foundation, the many suppliers who profited from all their fear tactics. If you are not allowed to have other points of view in the science project why would you believe anything the talking heads say. Make the medical industry honest again.
Old 09-06-2021, 11:53 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
As long as my Doctor is up to date on The Science, then what's to worry about?

I got my 3rd Moderna shot last Friday. It kicked my butt this time and my arm is much more colorful than last time but I'm happy I have a Doctor that I trust my life with.

Hi Nucky,

I have an immunocompromised friend who got the booster, as directed by her doctor. She is my age. The booster kicked her butt like yours did, for a couple of days. She is fine now.

Recently, I had lunch with a small group of my vacinnated friends. The talk turned to the vaccine. Among us was a vaccinated, healthy 40 year-old who told us how her original shots had kicked her butt. . .

Most of the rest of us older ones had not experienced more than sore arms from the two shots we had. . .

But remember when it was said that feeling bad after the vaccine happened more in younger people than for us boomers and beyond — and how that was thought to be a good sign of excellent immunity kicking in.

(I remember wondering if I should be wishing to feel just a bit more puny — as a reputed badge of the vaccine showing evidence of good immunity.)

Anyway, what I extrapolate from those two situations of people I know who have had after-effects — one a young person and one with the booster — is that they must now both have really excellent immunity. (Hey! Look in the mirror. Maybe that booster is making you look younger. )

- - - - - - -

And now, I will step onto my soapbox and include a shameless confession. . .

I believe the vaccine is working — even though I got only a sore arm out of the deal. But — confession — I try to socially avoid the unvaccinated — who have no medical reason. . .

I tend to be gregarious and I am sorry that I feel this way — but avoid them, I do. Besides, they come carrying an awful lot of baggage with things like palpable paranoia and having lost focus on the people in their lives. And I am weary of their pre-programmed mantras. So predictable. Facebook junkies. I wish we vaccinated people did not have to be caught in it with them, as their denials grow arms and legs — reaching into public health, the economy, normal social life, on and on it grows and goes.

When this whole thing started, I said we would find out who we are — and we would find out who other people really are — and — wow and shudder — I sure wish I had not been so right.

The thing I find most aggravating about this whole mess is the fact that heart surgeries and other necessary surgeries are being postponed by hospitals that have no room because of the UNvaccinated Covid patients exhausting the staff and taking up so many beds.

And imagine what could happen in the case of a big wreck somewhere near a hospital or another kind of emergency involving a lot of injured people all at one time. And, yet, the deniers continue to deny. It is mind-boggling to try to imagine how they just don’t get what is right before their eyes.

There was a recent reporting of someone dying from a ruptured gallbladder because there was no hospital in a close enough area that could get to him fast enough. A ruptured gallbladder needs immediate attention. Some things can come on without warning — things that could happen to anybody — except, I guess, for those who think they know more about the vaccine than scientists and doctors, even, in some cases, their very own doctors.

I am digressing. . .and I gotta get outa here — going to a cookout with our vaccinated friends. Such is our decided reality now. (sigh)

Boomer

Last edited by Boomer; 09-06-2021 at 01:32 PM.
Old 09-06-2021, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
If you were to actually read his substack you'd see that he is a conspiracy theorist. He even tells you this on his home page.
Geez. Did you read the disclaimer. Sorry for posting something I felt was of interest without getting your approval first.

So, since he's obviously a conspiracy theorist, nothing he says is correct or should it provoke thought and discussion. The vaccines must be a huge success because he says they aren't. Israeli death rates must be much less than last year because he says they aren't. And finally, we will completely beat the virus because he says it's something we will have to live with.
Old 09-06-2021, 02:22 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Quote:
If you were to actually read his substack you'd see that he is a conspiracy theorist. He even tells you this on his home page.

OBB, yep, I saw the post to which you are responding here. That was some pretty transparent bait. You called it. Yet, I keep wondering why we are wasting our time. Oh well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkagele View Post
Geez. Did you read the disclaimer. Sorry for posting something I felt was of interest without getting your approval first.

So, since he's obviously a conspiracy theorist, nothing he says is correct or should it provoke thought and discussion. The vaccines must be a huge success because he says they aren't. Israeli death rates must be much less than last year because he says they aren't. And finally, we will completely beat the virus because he says it's something we will have to live with.
And so was that a “Curses! Foiled again!”

Boomer
Old 09-06-2021, 02:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

The third shot is interchangeably used with the term booster.

The third shot is just that....... same vaccine and measure as your number one and two shots.
Old 09-06-2021, 03:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,169 Times in 1,930 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkagele View Post
You forgot 'power'.

Maybe I'm being naïve but wouldn't it make sense for people to get tested for antibodies before getting a third shot?
Isn't that what the trial participants are tested for?
Old 09-06-2021, 03:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,939 Times in 2,459 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
You ignore reporting fake, untrue things and once again, your link does not work.

It is another Bloomberg opinion piece

Isn’t all news and opinion piece?
Old 09-06-2021, 03:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
OBB, yep, I saw the post to which you are responding here. That was some pretty transparent bait. You called it. Yet, I keep wondering why we are wasting our time. Oh well.

And so was that a “Curses! Foiled again!”

Boomer

Yes, professor
Old 09-06-2021, 03:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,523 Times in 3,109 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Isn't that what the trial participants are tested for?
That's one of the things the trial participants are tested for, yes.

I'll be involved in a different type of vaccine trial soon (probably, possibly - invited and have first appointment, but last time I became a test subject they cancelled the trial completely and discontinued research on the vaccine).

They'll be checking antibodies for COVID-19 even though the vaccine isn't for COVID at all. They'll be checking for antibodies for a few different things - it's amazing how much you can learn with just a couple tablespoons of blood.

They'll be testing for all sorts of stuff, before they approve me as a viable test candidate. Right now I'm just a potential candidate.
Old 09-06-2021, 03:14 PM
Sage

Quote:
Absolutely true. It is all BUNK! I have to laugh when people post links to obvious conspiracy theory websites and conspiracy theorists.

Last edited by coffeebean; 09-06-2021 at 03:36 PM.
Old 09-06-2021, 03:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick B View Post
Please tell me what that agenda is.
Money, money, MOOOOny.
Old 09-06-2021, 03:20 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
See post #33.

3rd shots of Pfizer or Moderna for immunocompromised individuals were authorized last month.

3rd shots for everyone else have not been authorized at this time.

Pfizer has submitted the necessary paperwork and the committee is meeting on the 17th(?) so authorization for Pfizer by the 20th is mathematically possible.

It has been reported that Moderna has not yet submitted the necessary paperwork so there is no data for the committee to review.
Oh, now I understand. Are the providers of the third shots requesting proof that a person is umunocompromised? I didn't think so.

Tags
director, timeline, put, science, booster

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.