July 1 Law

Closed Thread
Old 06-04-2023, 04:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,431 Times in 2,083 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
You stated "There is no allegation that the filings were filled out incorrectly and the refunds were not deserved..."

Well, I gave you the proof...

And all you can come up with is "everybody does it"? That's your defense?
I’m pretty sure those were different filings.

In any case, it feels like you are arguing just for the sake of arguing. No thanks, not interested.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 06-04-2023, 05:04 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 3,228 Times in 931 Posts

It's not just here in the U.S. where there aren't enough people willing to work. A friend of ours in Germany owns a company that cleans passenger airplanes at the Frankfurt airport. He struggles to get employees willing to work. He can't even get the recent immigrants to hire on. The young people there don't want to work just like here. Also, Germany has social programs that pay people who don't want a job. It isn't a huge amount but it's enough to live with mommy and daddy and provide them with enough money to party.
Old 06-04-2023, 06:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,592 Times in 3,143 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredguy123 View Post
Medicaid is managed by the states and they use the money for many different things, like free medical clinics, and RVs that provide free treatments and screenings. If people show up without identification and do not speak English, their motto is "when in doubt, shell it out". These mobile clinics target areas where a lot of illegals live. So, they are definitely getting Medicaid benefits. They also show up at hospitals and get free treatment. And, how do illegals pay into the SS system if they don't have a Social Security number?
Once again, more stuff you can easily find out by going to the actual government website.

It's called an ITIN: an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number, given to
– Unauthorized immigrants,
– Lawfully present individuals, and
– U.S. resident aliens/nonresident aliens

Anyone who is here pending refugee status is an "unauthorized immigrant" by definition. They can work, and they are obligated to pay taxes, but they are not entitled to receive social security checks upon retirement. They can get child tax credits if they qualify just like any other taxpayer, though.

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-utl/20-I...20Taxation.pdf

Seriously - y'all need to stop listening to alt-facts and read actual official documentation once in awhile. It's healthy.
Old 06-04-2023, 06:59 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Medicaid is managed by the states and they use the money for many different things, like free medical clinics, and RVs that provide free treatments and screenings. If people show up without identification and do not speak English, their motto is "when in doubt, shell it out". These mobile clinics target areas where a lot of illegals live. So, they are definitely getting Medicaid benefits. They also show up at hospitals and get free treatment. And, how do illegals pay into the SS system if they don't have a Social Security number?
Can you please name one state that does this and then show me some proof of what you are saying is true by including a link to that state.....I'll wait
Old 06-04-2023, 07:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,336 Times in 4,334 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post

In any case, it feels like you are arguing just for the sake of arguing. No thanks, not interested.
Pretty sure they're not different at all...

And yes, you are arguing just for the sake of arguing...

But I'll keep pointing out your mistakes...

-Tom Petty
Old 06-04-2023, 07:45 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Once again, more stuff you can easily find out by going to the actual government website.

It's called an ITIN: an Individual Taxpayer Identification Number, given to
– Unauthorized immigrants,
– Lawfully present individuals, and
– U.S. resident aliens/nonresident aliens

Anyone who is here pending refugee status is an "unauthorized immigrant" by definition. They can work, and they are obligated to pay taxes, but they are not entitled to receive social security checks upon retirement. They can get child tax credits if they qualify just like any other taxpayer, though.

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-utl/20-I...20Taxation.pdf

Seriously - y'all need to stop listening to alt-facts and read actual official documentation once in awhile. It's healthy.
And they scam the tax system at unprecedented rates...

Y'all need to pull your head out if the sand and see what's actually going on...

-Tom Petty
Old 06-04-2023, 07:54 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilion Villager View Post
Can you please name one state that does this and then show me some proof of what you are saying is true by including a link to that state.....I'll wait
Read this:

Health Coverage and Care of Undocumented Immigrants | KFF

And expanding Medicaid is surely on the table...

Blue states put the brakes on health care for undocumented immigrants - POLITICO

But wait... There's more!

"The Emergency Medical Treatment and Labor Act (EMTALA) ensures that all patients regardless of citizenship or immigration status have access to emergency medical treatment. The purpose of EMTALA is to ensure all Medicare-participating hospitals do not to turn away individuals who need lifesaving care. Undocumented immigrants use of EMTALA-related services is often covered via emergency Medicaid."

Fact Sheet: Undocumented Immigrants and Federal Health Care Benefits - National Immigration Forum

"Emergency Medicaid provides medical coverage to uninsured individuals who do not qualify for Medicaid due to citizenship/immigration status. This program pays the health care costs for individuals who have experienced a medical emergency. "

Emergency Medicaid | dhcf.

It was a pretty short wait...

-Tom Petty
Old 06-04-2023, 08:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,431 Times in 2,083 Posts

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
Pretty sure they're not different at all...

And yes, you are arguing just for the sake of arguing...

But I'll keep pointing out your mistakes...
Well, the Snopes article you posted concerned 23,994 returns and 11,294 returns going to two addresses in Atlanta. The video you linked to discussed issues in Indiana including one home where five returns were filed. Seems different to me.

Yes, please keep pointing out my mistakes.

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 06-04-2023, 08:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,818 Times in 5,297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vermilion Villager View Post
Are you kidding? Virginia for one. But almost every state uses Medicaid money to provide medical care to illegals. Any illegal can just show up at any hospital emergency room and get free medical care. The hospitals get Medicaid money. Here is just one website that claims that Medicaid spends about $18.5 billion on illegals.

Reports: Illegal immigrants receiving Medicaid costs taxpayers $18.5 billion annually | AP News

Do you really think that Medicaid funded clinics screen for illegals and turn them away?
Old 06-04-2023, 10:08 PM
Thanked 1,137 Times in 248 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Normal View Post
Bill 1718 comes into effect soon. Pool companies, landscaping companies, driveway pavers and even Villages Construction groups will have to use E-Verify or face stiff financial penalties and further prosecution. If you are thinking of one of these projects…get er done! Employers can be fined 1,000 dollars per worker, per day if they violate the new immigration law.
Yes, please hurry so we can exploit these illegal immigrants before companies are forced to hire American workers!
Old 06-04-2023, 11:04 PM

Instead of hiring 87,000 IRS workers they should hire that many in the Immigration Service, and then we wouldn’t have to worry about it.
Old 06-05-2023, 09:03 AM
Sage

Quote:
Are you kidding? Virginia for one. But almost every state uses Medicaid money to provide medical care to illegals. Any illegal can just show up at any hospital emergency room and get free medical care. The hospitals get Medicaid money. Here is just one website that claims that Medicaid spends about $18.5 billion on illegals.

Reports: Illegal immigrants receiving Medicaid costs taxpayers $18.5 billion annually | AP News

Do you really think that Medicaid funded clinics screen for illegals and turn them away?
Any American citizen who doesn't want to pay a bill can walk into any public hospital and get care too. All the criminals who got hurt in the process of robbing a store, carjacking a car, kidnapping a child, torturing a dog, raping their daughter, beating up an old lady - if the criminal got hurt - they will get free medical care courtesy of the taxpayer. Whether they walk into the ER on their own steam, or the police send them to ER after they're caught, they won't have to pay the bill.

And that's just the American citizens I'm talking about. I don't see anyone whining about Americans who commit violent crimes and get hurt in the process getting free medical care in the ER courtesy of the taxpayer. Well actually I do. When the criminal is brown or black, they are criticized. When the criminal is white "boys will be boys" or some such, most of the time.

Funny how prejudice works. Everything is working as intended, until "other" does it. Then the system is bad.
Old 06-05-2023, 09:07 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaw8700@outlook.com View Post
Instead of hiring 87,000 IRS workers they should hire that many in the Immigration Service, and then we wouldn’t have to worry about it.
The plan was to hire a total of 87,000 employees over the course of a 10-year period. That number would include all the tens of thousands of employees who are replacing those who retire, quit, are fired, or die while employed during that 10-year period. It also includes couriers, secretaries, office associates, building maintenance employees (janitors) to fill out existing vacancies and make the entire system work more efficiently.

Right now there are millions of dollars not collected, that should be collected, but there just aren't enough people working in the system to get the job done efficiently. That's OUR money - the money our government uses to run the country - that isn't getting collected.

You want to talk about waste - there's a big chunk of it. We have an inefficient IRS system because everyone wants to "save money" and refuses to fund the organization responsible for collecting all the money you're saving.
Old 06-05-2023, 09:36 AM
Sage

Quote:
Well, the Snopes article you posted concerned 23,994 returns and 11,294 returns going to two addresses in Atlanta. The video you linked to discussed issues in Indiana including one home where five returns were filed. Seems different to me.

Yes, please keep pointing out my mistakes.
That's because it's happening everywhere!

Do you really think it's only happening in one place?

-Tom Petty
Old 06-05-2023, 09:50 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Any American citizen who doesn't want to pay a bill can walk into any public hospital and get care too. All the criminals who got hurt in the process of robbing a store, carjacking a car, kidnapping a child, torturing a dog, raping their daughter, beating up an old lady - if the criminal got hurt - they will get free medical care courtesy of the taxpayer. Whether they walk into the ER on their own steam, or the police send them to ER after they're caught, they won't have to pay the bill.

And that's just the American citizens I'm talking about. I don't see anyone whining about Americans who commit violent crimes and get hurt in the process getting free medical care in the ER courtesy of the taxpayer. Well actually I do. When the criminal is brown or black, they are criticized. When the criminal is white "boys will be boys" or some such, most of the time.

Funny how prejudice works. Everything is working as intended, until "other" does it. Then the system is bad.
1. There is a difference between US Citizens and Illegal Aliens....

2. Go to any other country and try to get "free" health care. Let me know how that works out for you...

3. Playing the race card doesn't help your case...

-Tom Petty
Closed Thread

Tags
companies, prosecution, face, stiff, financial

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.