Large protests against mandatory vaccine and passports

Closed Thread
Old 08-01-2021, 12:31 PM
Default Large protests against mandatory vaccine and passports

Massive anti vaccine passport protest in Paris, France. - Riot police deployed. - YouTube

https://twitter.com/i/status/1421462935717781514

Almost forgot, these protests are all over France, Italy, Switzerland etc

They must all be watching Fox news
Old 08-01-2021, 01:16 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,477 Times in 753 Posts

Well, looks like this thread is doomed before it even got started. Time to make some pop corn and stay out of it, I don't need anymore points on my profile - LOL
Old 08-01-2021, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan View Post
Well, looks like this thread is doomed before it even got started. Time to make some pop corn and stay out of it, I don't need anymore points on my profile - LOL
Why would it be doomed? I have seen 100s of comments here blaming the anti vax movement on Fox news. This thread points out just how ridiculous that assumption is.

It's a big world
Old 08-01-2021, 02:06 PM
John41

Quote:
Originally Posted by S=kBlogW View Post
Massive anti vaccine passport protest in Paris, France. - Riot police deployed. - YouTube

https://twitter.com/i/status/1421462935717781514

Almost forgot, these protests are all over France, Italy, Switzerland etc

They must all be watching Fox news
Did you ever notice you can catch more flies with honey than vinegar? Well mandating someone to get vaccinated is going to get them to respond like kids “you can’t make me eat my spinach”.

And kids notice hypocrisy too. Like we all have to mask up even if vaxxed but 188,000 illegals cross the southern border every month according to ICE unmasked and unvaxxed.

Personally I think everyone over twenty should get vaxxed with the carrot being $5,000 which will probably save money in the long run and maybe even save humanity if this virus is as I suspect the result of gain of function research.
Old 08-01-2021, 03:23 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John41 View Post
Well I agree that business and government should mandate vaccination for employees and customers, maybe sweeten it with a cash bonus. Antivaxxers can live in a tent in the woods and eat berries for all I care. But allowing almost one million unmasked, unvaxxed crowded together illegals across the southern border so far this year according to ICE ( almost twice the population of Vermont) has to be addressed. Flying them back south is not working and a wall has to be built. But I doubt in this polarized society there will be any compromise.
I think I heard the administration was recommending corporations offer a $100 incentive to get vaccinated. Not sure if it went anywhere. $5000 for 100 million unvaccinated would come to $500B. Probably worth it in the long run, but sad it takes that to get people to be a little patriotic and take a jab for the country.

In days gone by (WWII) kids donated their comic books to help relive the paper shortage, now we have to pay people to help stop a pandemic. #sad.

Last edited by GrumpyOldMan; 08-01-2021 at 03:31 PM.
Old 08-01-2021, 03:26 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Well I agree that business and government should mandate vaccination for employees and customers, maybe sweeten it with a cash bonus. Antivaxxers can live in a tent in the woods and eat berries for all I care. But allowing almost one million unmasked, unvaxxed crowded together illegals across the southern border so far this year according to ICE ( almost twice the population of Vermont) has to be addressed. Flying them back south is not working and a wall has to be built. But I doubt in this polarized society there will be any compromise.
I understand your concern over the unvaccinated migrants coming across the border.

I agree we need to do something about it.

My suggestion offer tests, masks, and jabs, and if they refuse send them back. If they take them, then they continue into the seriously broken immigration court system to seek legal entry. Fixing the broken refugee court system so they get a hearing in days not years would be nice too, but that might make sense.

I don't think a wall helps, that is my opinion. I think flying the back is also not a solution. Again, hold them a couple of days, hear their plea, decide, and if rejected, dump them back in Mexico. Let Mexico deal with it. They let them (for the most part) cross their country unhampered in order to reach our border.
Old 08-01-2021, 03:34 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts
Default Cruise Control. . .

Yeah. I know. I looked at one of these threads I have been avoiding for the past couple of days.

But. . .now that I am here. . .

You know what I wish would happen?

I wish a cruiseline would offer a free or dirt cheap cruise for only the unvaccinated.. Yep. Make them an offer to set them out to sea in a floating Petri dish — all together — with only their own kind.

See how many takers there would be.

Those who would go would be putting their deckchair bottoms where their mouths are. Right?

And they could prove that they truly believe the virus can’t really get ‘em.

And — even better — they could prove that they are not just freeloading on the vaccinated.

Refusing to be vaccinated (unless there is an actual medical condition that makes risk outweigh benefit) is looking more and more like a twisted version of welfare — well-fare — as they ride on the responsibility of those of us who are doing what we can to stop the virus.

Never would such a cruise be offered, but it sure would be interesting to see what would happen if it were to be.

The ultimate anecdotal evidence?

The best trial ever?

A Ship of Fools?

Would they take the chance for a free ride on a big fancy ship. Free rides seem to be a thing these days.

All aboard!?

Boomer
Old 08-01-2021, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Like we all have to mask up even if vaxxed but 188,000 illegals cross the southern border every month according to ICE unmasked and unvaxxed.
No. Just absoultely, 100% no. Attempt, NOT cross. For Pete's sake... "U.S. border agents stopped more than 188,000 immigrants trying to cross the southern U.S. border in June, marking a 21-year high in monthly border crossings" Also this: "Of the 188,829 border crossers in June, nearly 105,000 were expelled back into Mexico..."Please research these specious claims before spreading them!
Number of attempted crossings at southern U.S. border hits 21-year high

Quote:
Personally I think everyone over twenty should get vaxxed with the carrot being $5,000 which will probably save money in the long run and maybe even save humanity...
Yay for this part!
Old 08-01-2021, 05:08 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,303 Times in 561 Posts

Superspreader Protests! China is sizing us up...

Democracy will fail !
Old 08-01-2021, 07:29 PM
John41

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan View Post
I understand your concern over the unvaccinated migrants coming across the border.

I agree we need to do something about it.

My suggestion offer tests, masks, and jabs, and if they refuse send them back. If they take them, then they continue into the seriously broken immigration court system to seek legal entry. Fixing the broken refugee court system so they get a hearing in days not years would be nice too, but that might make sense.

I don't think a wall helps, that is my opinion. I think flying the back is also not a solution. Again, hold them a couple of days, hear their plea, decide, and if rejected, dump them back in Mexico. Let Mexico deal with it. They let them (for the most part) cross their country unhampered in order to reach our border.
Last year according to ICE there were about 40,000 illegal entries per month at the southern border. This year it has increased to 188,000 per month. All of last years measures to control immigration were rescinded by executive order this year including the successful wait in place in Mexico until a hearing on asylum could be obtained, similar to what you are suggesting. You might think a wall won’t help but as you say we should listen to the experts. The border patrol experts on the front line believe a wall is helpful because it slows down the flow so they can use their limited manpower to apprehend the illegal immigrant. That is why cops use barricades for crowd control, it’s one tool. But with the polarization in society I don’t think compromise is possible because no one wants to take the first step or give an inch.
Old 08-02-2021, 05:14 AM
Default X mandatory vaxing

Through a lab leak (?) or bio warfare we are now being forced to vax. Well you may not agree, but there are those that don’t want this experimental drug inside of them. For some it is Russian roulette.
Our borders should have been shut long ago. Interesting that they weren’t.
We are pawns in a game.
Old 08-02-2021, 05:40 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,344 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by agjaret@aol.com View Post
Through a lab leak (?) or bio warfare we are now being forced to vax. Well you may not agree, but there are those that don’t want this experimental drug inside of them. For some it is Russian roulette.
We are pawns in a game.
Don't look to see where this started because our govern sent much money. Illegals are just future votes for the crooks.
Old 08-02-2021, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by S=kBlogW View Post
Why would it be doomed? I have seen 100s of comments here blaming the anti vax movement on Fox news. This thread points out just how ridiculous that assumption is.

It's a big world
Many of those countries take their leads from us. Have you been to Europe, all those channels are available all day long. If you don't wear a mask fine, if you don't get the vaccine that is fine also but don't expect sympathizing when something untoward happens to you or your grandchildren. It is just plain old karma.
Old 08-02-2021, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by agjaret@aol.com View Post
We are pawns in a game.
Only those foolish enough not to get vaccinated. I have neighbors that believed just like that and they are now ashes in an urn.
Old 08-02-2021, 06:30 AM

When the news media doesn't spectactularize the news, people get on TOTV to get their little boost of untruths.
Closed Thread

Tags
protests, news, fox, watching, switzerland

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.