Large protests against mandatory vaccine and passports

Closed Thread
Old 08-02-2021, 10:49 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandoMan View Post
I would favor government at all levels requiring a variety of much-loved businesses to require vaccinations. If people don’t want to be vaccinated, that’s their choice, but lots of pleasures wouldn’t be available (rather like last year). For example, you would have to be vaccinated to:
Go on a cruise,
Visit Disneyworld or similar places of amusement,
Fly in an airplane or ride on a train or subway or bus,
Attend a concert,
Enter a movie theater,
Attend a sports event,
Enter a museum,
Eat or drink indoors or out at a restaurant or bar (drive-thru only),
Visit a hospital or nursing home.
Oh, and required for anyone going to a club meeting or going to the pool or playing golf here in The Villages.
(This in addition to vaccinations as a condition of employment for employees of these places, as well as all government employees and military personnel.)

I think this would provide incentive for many people to get vaccinated. Most of us grew up when we were required to be vaccinated for smallpox, polio, measles, mumps, rubella, whooping cough, diphtheria, tetanus. We all had to be tested for TB. All school kids and little kids got these miracle vaccinations. Before there were polio vaccines, around the time I was born, parents lived in fear of their kids dying or being crippled. Many of us are alive today because of these vaccines.

Frankly, because the COVID-19 vaccine is readily available, I believe that people who refuse to get the vaccine and then get sick are parasites, hoping to live because the rest of us take the (minuscule) risk of getting the vaccine instead of them. They are rather like welfare queens.

I would favor health insurance companies and Medicare and Medicaid amending their policies so that hospital treatment for COVID-19 is not covered unless people are vaccinated. Those who choose not to be vaccinated can get treatment, but they have to pay for it all themselves, even if their hospital stay costs a million dollars, and it easily could. They should be required to take out pre-payment bonds before they are admitted that would make sure they or their families don’t file for bankruptcy. If they can’t afford it, they are free to die at home. I know this sounds draconian, but it’s just my opinion. It will never happen.

I am in total agreement, I wrote basically this same post a few weeks back... didn't go over well. But especially about the insurance coverage...absolutely...you wanna play games....then you foot that bill.
Ty,ty,ty
Old 08-02-2021, 11:09 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Well-known NYC restaurant owner Danny Meyer is now requiring proof of vaccination, not only from his employees, but also from customers who want to dine at his restaurants — and his employees are happy about it and so are his customers.

I hope we see more of this happening. I think there is a lot of pent up money, waiting to be spent on entertainment, dining, and travel by those who are choosing to avoid the unvaccinated.

Go, Danny! I hope many others follow your lead.

Boomer

PS: (And please don’t hand me the line about if the vaccine works, why worry. If that is what you truly believe, take a look at Vermont’s Covid stats where you will find proof that Vermont’s high vaccination rate is resulting in the state having a very low infection rate and very few hospitalizations.

Seriously — look up Vermont. And then look up the stats in the states that are getting all the publicity for their low rates of vaccination and their high rates of hospitalization for Covid. How hard is it to connect the dots???

But Wait!!. Ohhhhhh, noooooo! Vermont is known to be a state full of liberal thinkers. Ah, Ha! The virus must be one a them damn liberals!)

Last edited by Boomer; 08-02-2021 at 11:41 AM.
Old 08-02-2021, 11:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

Funny how some of those of you hysterical types disparage and demean those that have not been vaccinated, thinking that they will see "your way" and run out and get their shots.
For your information, and NOT to get political but those not getting vaccinated are NOT thinking politics at all. Most are either young folks, minorities or children. Almost half the country has been vaccinated, with at least one shot. Calm down and hold off on the hysteria.
Last month was the lowest DEATH rate attributed to Covid related deaths in a year and almost two. Isn't that great? Yes, the infection rate has spiked. And yes, it seems that they are reporting in influx of Covid related patients in the hospitals. Don't you get it? If the death rate is down, that's a good thing.
Take your cruises. If you have your vaccination, you have nothing to worry about, right? Or, don't you have confidence in the very vaccine that you are attempting to shove down everyone else's proverbial throats?
I have family coming down to visit this month. None of them have had their vaccination for Covid. All of the ones coming down to visit have had Covid. I am not going to encourage them to get the shots because that is a personal choice and I don't want to be responsible for any future side effects that may haunt them in years to come. They did not die and none of them were hospitalized. They are mostly in good health. I'm not worried, so why should it be anyone else's business if they are vaccinated or not?
Covid is here and it is an illness. The world has a record of illnesses that have been fatal. We have survived them all. I see no reason for mass hysteria, whether you feel justified being rattled or not.
Do what you have to do to stay safe and leave other folks to make their own decisions. Death will eventually catch up to all of you. Think of it as the ultimate life experience.

Last edited by Byte1; 08-02-2021 at 12:16 PM.
Old 08-02-2021, 11:43 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkingston57 View Post
Probably would have been a good idea to require vaccination shot in order to get any type of governmental assistance including stimulus checks.
I've often suggested that drug testing should be a requirement for gov assistance.
Old 08-02-2021, 11:44 AM
Sage

The sky is falling, folks! Covid ain't gonna get ya, but hysteria/panic will.
Old 08-02-2021, 11:46 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Hysteria!! Nope. Just common sense and the ability to reason based on stats.

Although. . .we might see some hysteria when everybody’s insurance premiums go through the roof in 2022.

This is about dollars and cents. . .er, dollars and sense.
Old 08-02-2021, 12:19 PM
Sage

Yep, they demean those that are not vaccinated, but excuse those that are not vaxxed coming across our borders illegally. And many of those illegal aliens are refusing testing and vaccinations from what I read.
Old 08-02-2021, 12:32 PM
Default Gain of function research

John,
I believe you are correct. 73 patents on covid virus/vaccines since 2004...

From the Trenches World Report | Enforce our Bill of Rights

Quote:
Originally Posted by John41 View Post
Did you ever notice you can catch more flies with honey than vinegar? Well mandating someone to get vaccinated is going to get them to respond like kids “you can’t make me eat my spinach”.

And kids notice hypocrisy too. Like we all have to mask up even if vaxxed but 188,000 illegals cross the southern border every month according to ICE unmasked and unvaxxed.

Personally I think everyone over twenty should get vaxxed with the carrot being $5,000 which will probably save money in the long run and maybe even save humanity if this virus is as I suspect the result of gain of function research.

Last edited by Johnsocat; 08-02-2021 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Forgot source...
Old 08-02-2021, 12:40 PM
Default Hmmm

Draconian, totalitarian policies...
You admit the vaccine is a risk to those who take it and you appear to want to punish those who chose to not accept your choice. As the vaccine is experimental, it may turn out the risk you chose is higher than the 2% risk of death by covid they chose.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spalumbos62 View Post
I am in total agreement, I wrote basically this same post a few weeks back... didn't go over well. But especially about the insurance coverage...absolutely...you wanna play games....then you foot that bill.
Ty,ty,ty
Old 08-02-2021, 12:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,937 Times in 2,458 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by roscoguy View Post
No. Just absoultely, 100% no. Attempt, NOT cross. For Pete's sake... "U.S. border agents stopped more than 188,000 immigrants trying to cross the southern U.S. border in June, marking a 21-year high in monthly border crossings" Also this: "Of the 188,829 border crossers in June, nearly 105,000 were expelled back into Mexico..."Please research these specious claims before spreading them!
Number of attempted crossings at southern U.S. border hits 21-year high

Yay for this part!

But, how many crossed and didn’t get caught? NOBODY knows that NUMBER.
Old 08-02-2021, 01:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by S=kBlogW View Post
Why would it be doomed? I have seen 100s of comments here blaming the anti vax movement on Fox news. This thread points out just how ridiculous that assumption is.

It's a big world
Not necessarily the logical conclusion. Tuckems IS definitely anti-vaxx propaganda. France is different than the US in that they issued MANDATES for vaccine proof nationwide to enter restaurants, movie theaters, and etc. That is what caused the riots. That news channel that you mentioned is guilty of many lies, but it has relatively little bearing on riots in France.
Old 08-02-2021, 01:32 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
What the heck are the un vaccinated thinking? This must be the start of the proof that the overall US IQ's have dropped? If given a 94% chance of living vs 10% of dying if you get it or suffering from the effects for many years this group chose the sick and dying choice. I would add the un vaccinated also chose to put their friends or the general public at risk because of their stupid choice, yes stupid choice as no person with an ounce of sense would chose to die/suffer over life! The only good news out of this is they are "thinning the herd"!
Winston Churchill said that "the American people will ALWAYS do the RIGHT thing................after all other options have been tried"
Old 08-02-2021, 01:33 PM
John41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnsocat View Post
Draconian, totalitarian policies...
You admit the vaccine is a risk to those who take it and you appear to want to punish those who chose to not accept your choice. As the vaccine is experimental, it may turn out the risk you chose is higher than the 2% risk of death by covid they chose.
This is the elephant in the room. How can we know the long term effects of a vaccine that has been tested in control groups less than a year? Personally I think it is worth the risk but I don’t kid myself that down the road there might be unforeseen consequences.
Old 08-02-2021, 01:39 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeCee Dubya View Post
Mon Dieu! Froggies showing a backbone?
Froggies living in a pretend world where CV does NOT exist. Like children holding their breath until they get their way and attention.
Old 08-02-2021, 01:51 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybersprings View Post
Why would unvaccinated people need to stay away from you, you’ve been vaccinated? Oh wait. The vaccine doesn’t actually prevent COVID.
Yes, the vaccine does PREVENT CV (even the Delta variant) as far as hospitalizations and DEATHS go in 97% of the cases. Those are GREAT ODDS! Nothing in life is perfect. I am very much NOT and I worry that others are NOT also.

And I also believe that this anti-vaccine thinking did NOT originate in America, but rather in Russian and Chinese hacking groups. Then, it was re-transmitted by Facebook and the infamous Tuckums.
Closed Thread

Tags
protests, news, fox, watching, switzerland

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.