Look at what AI generated videos can do!!!

Old 02-24-2024, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainger99 View Post
Tyler Perry Halts $800 Million Expansion of Atlanta Studio After Seeing Sora’s ‘Shocking’ Text-to-Video Model
Yep. Fantastic technology. Professional illustrators and copywriters (and soon authors) are quickly becoming buggy-whip manufacturers. What impact will it have on the economy when they are all out of work?

The steady march of progress continues.
Old 02-24-2024, 01:03 PM

First it was "video killed the radio star" and now it may turn into "AI killed the Hollywood star".
Old 02-24-2024, 03:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
..............and mother-in-law stood on the edge of the cliff, apologized for being such a Harridan, then jumped!
then yelled back, "April fools" after her parachute opened.
Old 02-24-2024, 03:30 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windguy View Post
Isn’t this the reason for the recent strike? Actors don’t like the idea that someone can capture their image and then use it to make future movies without paying them. I sure wouldn’t.
Congress and various laws will have to scramble to catch up with A.I. advances.
Old 02-24-2024, 03:44 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regorp View Post
How about a remake of The Great Escape with all original actors using AI technology? That would be awesome with up to date special effects. Hmmmm?
Right now, there are remakes of "Dune" and "Shogun" and right now special effects are VERY good. I suppose the next steps will be to put the audience right inside the movie or series like a perfect video game. It could be so REAL that people without a perfect heart and health may not be able to watch?
Old 02-24-2024, 04:23 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehonour View Post
Yep. Fantastic technology. Professional illustrators and copywriters (and soon authors) are quickly becoming buggy-whip manufacturers. What impact will it have on the economy when they are all out of work?

People complain about "big government" and paying too much in taxes. But, this is a perfect example of a situation where people are worried (in this case about fast changing technology) and they KNOW that individually - they are POWERLESS against these changes so they are WORRIED and they are hoping that "government" will save them. You don't NEED government until you need it.
..........Please Government, save us from the big, bad A.I.
..........Another situation in the recent news is Russia possibly (?) putting nuclear weapons in space. There is nothing that ANY ONE individual can do in that case. So, once again we NEED BIG Government with a BIG MILITARY to take care of that problem.
Old 02-24-2024, 04:54 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehonour View Post

As far as unemployment goes.........since the 1950's, technology has changed (slower, of course). And unemployment has swung from about 5% with limits from 13% to 2%. Technology could cause some sectors of high tech out of business like say repairmen of small radios or TVs, but other high tech sectors take their place. So, I imagine that a situation like that will continue into the future with unemployment NEVER getting too overpowering to society.
...........What I worry about is the rapid (last 11 years) Global Warming causing population dislocation from South America northward to the US and Europe. There will be too many unskilled and farm workers to assimilate. Resulting in something like 40% unemployment - creating unsolvable other problems.
Old 02-24-2024, 05:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,277 Times in 4,297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
As far as unemployment goes.........since the 1950's, technology has changed (slower, of course). And unemployment has swung from about 5% with limits from 13% to 2%. Technology could cause some sectors of high tech out of business like say repairmen of small radios or TVs, but other high tech sectors take their place. So, I imagine that a situation like that will continue into the future with unemployment NEVER getting too overpowering to society.
...........What I worry about is the rapid (last 11 years) Global Warming causing population dislocation from South America northward to the US and Europe. There will be too many unskilled and farm workers to assimilate. Resulting in something like 40% unemployment - creating unsolvable other problems.
You do realize that much of South America is just as far from the equator as much of North America, don't you?

-Tom Petty
Old 02-24-2024, 09:36 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,322 Times in 596 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jameson View Post
First it was "video killed the radio star" and now it may turn into "AI killed the Hollywood star".
The actors can learn to code or they can make solar panels!
Old 02-25-2024, 11:11 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Are you out of your mind? The very nebulous and dubious "Global Warming" is not the cause of population dislocation. You know what is? Their country's extreme greed causing poverty amongst the population and the lack of culture and infrastructure to nurture and create economic growth, free markets, and individualism.

Combine this with the incredibly attractive freedoms and freebies offered by the porous United States and taken-advantaged good nature of many European developed countries and there you have the incredible populations shifts we are suffering from today.

Climate always changes, just like the weather - oh wait, it is the weather.
Chino 1960's to 1976, Torrance, CA 1976-1983, 87-91, 94-98 / Frederick Co., MD 1983-1987/ Valencia, CA 1991-1994/ Brea, CA 1998-2002/ Dana Point, CA 2002-2019/ Knoxville, TN 2019-Current/ FL 2022-Current
Old 02-25-2024, 04:20 PM
Default Panoramic scenes

Quote:
Right now, there are remakes of "Dune" and "Shogun" and right now special effects are VERY good. I suppose the next steps will be to put the audience right inside the movie or series like a perfect video game. It could be so REAL that people without a perfect heart and health may not be able to watch?
I miss the vast panoramic scenes in the older classics like Dune and big westerns. Today's products are mostly close up with very little "big sky" backgrounds. I agree, hopefully this new technology will give us some of that even if it is fake.
Old 02-25-2024, 04:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,672 Times in 1,507 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ SLIM View Post
I miss the vast panoramic scenes in the older classics like Dune and big westerns. Today's products are mostly close up with very little "big sky" backgrounds. I agree, hopefully this new technology will give us some of that even if it is fake.
AI image is just a hi-tech toon. Jessica Rabbit, human VS toon. Preference?
Old 03-04-2024, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdpaq0580 View Post
It's all going according to the plan.
That's what I'm worried about!!
Old 03-05-2024, 07:08 AM

Very impressive videos. With tons of computing behind them, yet still flawed. Things have evolved tremendously in just a short time. I think these few odd things will not happen shortly as the AI engines understand 3D effects and motion even more than today. But for reference...

The Japan girl - look to the left behind her and the person in white can float a lot while walking.
Ocean waves - lighthouse missing sun shadow.
The gold rush - horses walking with legs moving weirdly.
White truck - front tires moving left/right but truck is not following that path. Unnatural suspension.
Art gallery - multiple ceiling lights but frame's shadow looks like only one light is hitting it.
Treadmill shaky camera - motion is like a pendulum, but would typically be the top moving left/right.
Construction site - workers legs moving opposite direction of where their bodies move.
Steam engine train - wall shadow on ground ahead of engine, but not on engine when it moves through shadow area.

Tags
expensive, lot, movie, making, cost

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.