Macy Gray. Open mouth, insert foot, then go up to knee.

Closed Thread
Old 06-20-2021, 06:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

There’s nothing more enjoyable than watching a bunch of Villagers get their undies in a bunch over someone making a crack pot suggestion about the flag. Wow. Simply wow.
Old 06-20-2021, 07:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,513 Times in 3,106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 GI View Post
You pay homage to the flag because of what it stands for. Do you not respect and revere the Star of David?
No, I don't. The Star of David is a symbol of Judaism. I don't need the symbol to show people I'm Jewish. I don't need to "show" anyone that I'm Jewish. If it comes up in conversation, I'll mention it. If it doesn't, I have no need to show it off. I pay homage to the country. I don't need a middle-man (or middle-cloth, as the case may be) to honor the country. Living the best that I can, earning my way, obeying the law, giving back when possible, are how I honor my country.
Old 06-20-2021, 07:08 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by photo1902 View Post
There’s nothing more enjoyable than watching a bunch of Villagers get their undies in a bunch over someone making a crack pot suggestion about the flag. Wow. Simply wow.
That is exactly my point.

It's like - when we were kids, mom warned us to "pick our battles." It seems as though that lesson completely skipped over certain neighborhoods, and certain generations, and certain "ideologies."

You wanna have a fight over a flag, you do you. I think it's a stupid thing to fight about.
Old 06-20-2021, 08:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts

Raising the Flag on Iwo Jima - Wikipedia

One of the images I think about first when someone mentions the US flag.

It should have changes to it but many people should have a voice in that. Maybe if and when DC becomes a State or has that kind of status.

I went to the Smithsonian's various museums in 2015 in the DC area and the US flag appeared in many of the exhibits in one form or another.
Old 06-20-2021, 08:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
I'm just not a flag person. Perhaps it's my Jewish upbringing. But we were indoctrinated as children to never worship "things." I don't pay respects to flags, or any other inanimate object. I don't kneel to pray, I didn't kneel when I got married, we don't kneel in synagogue except when we invoke the Lord's name in a very specific invocation. And we don't worship or revere things.

I love my country. The flag, I'm just ambivalent about. Seeing tons of flags flying doesn't stir me to patriotism, and seeing them missing doesn't make me feel any less love for the USA. I don't need a flag of ANY kind to love America.
I have the same upbringing and I see no one here "worshiping" the flag. Respecting it? Yes. Honoring it? Most certainly...

Taking pride in it? Most definitely...

Just as I take pride in this flag...

The Villages Florida

-Tom Petty
Old 06-20-2021, 09:45 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
I do not though get upset when I see a beautiful woman wearing shorts that have the US flag on the back of them. Nor if the woman is not beautiful. I Don't Look Good Naked Anymore - YouTube

It should be taken in context. Hate it when the US flag is used as a prop by some con man to sell shorts though. Even if a beautiful woman is wearing them.
Yup. I see a lot of people make a HUGE to-do about how they're showing their patriotism by displaying their flag.

And they display it wrong. On various holidays (flag day, patriot day, independence day, veteran's day, memorial day) they stick flags into the ground near the edge of their driveway, and stick them so deep that the flags touch the ground.

Or they don't bother changing them and they're torn and faded on their flagpoles for months (pro-tip, snowbirds - take your flag down if you know you won't be there to change it if it gets torn for several months). Or they keep the flag raised 24/7 without illuminating it at night.

The hypocrisy is what makes me cringe. They're the same ones who, if you point it out to them that their flag is torn, will tell you to mind your own business.

So screw'em. Do what you want with the flag. Most people around here don't show it the respect they insist it deserves. They're the ones you should be railing against. Not someone who just wants an upgrade on an old design - or someone like me, who thinks it's silly to respect, revere, or honor an inanimate object.
Old 06-21-2021, 05:02 AM
Default Celebrities

Quote:
Macy Gray made a suggestion that we need a new US flag. No way in #$@^ do we need a new flag. New people waving it maybe. Macy Gray Wants The U.S. Flag To Be Redesigned In Honor Of Juneteenth - YouTube

She is a great singer but once in a while a celebrity goes way too far.

Macy Gray - I Try (Official Video) - YouTube
Celebrities often go way too far. I’m sick of them.
Old 06-21-2021, 05:19 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,558 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
Macy Gray made a suggestion that we need a new US flag. No way in #$@^ do we need a new flag. New people waving it maybe. Macy Gray Wants The U.S. Flag To Be Redesigned In Honor Of Juneteenth - YouTube

Why do you waste your time watching and reading this garbage. Do you actually think because this idiot says change the flag itll change?
Old 06-21-2021, 05:38 AM
Default The Flag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 GI View Post
The only thing that has changed on our flag is the number of stars. The red and white stripes and the blue field the stars are on has not changed in color or shape.

Change isn't always good.
We forget the many lives that were lost keeping this flag and keeping us from speaking German or Japanese . Those were the real men at 17 ,18 years old charging pill boxes , flying airplanes knowing only 50 % or 60 % were coming back .
Old 06-21-2021, 05:45 AM

The stars represent states. DC and Puerto Rico are not states
Old 06-21-2021, 06:03 AM

They didn't carry today's flag design into the civil war.
Old 06-21-2021, 06:04 AM

Today's flag design was not used during WWII.
Old 06-21-2021, 06:28 AM
Default Macy Gray

I agree with you Justice!

Last edited by Snprentice; 06-21-2021 at 06:45 AM.
Old 06-21-2021, 06:29 AM

Just shut up and sing.
Old 06-21-2021, 06:29 AM

Quote:

Your are totally correct!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Closed Thread

Tags
macy, gray, flag, great, people

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.