Mall shooting in Ocala.

Old 12-26-2023, 05:54 PM
Default Woke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitley View Post
If the police report that the suspect or poi is a black male, that eliminates almost 94% of the population. It seems silly to report height and hair color but not race. What is the reasoning behind this?
This is the new way of hiding the truth
Old 12-26-2023, 06:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,516 Times in 3,107 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwanajim View Post
15 years ago, the Fort Lauderdale Sun Sentinel quit printing the race of a suspect. I spoke to the assistant editor who happened to be black. He said it would stereotype Black people I said, do you print if suspect is a male or female? Do you put the color of the car involved in the crime? Would not answer me.
1. Your memory is flawed.
2. The phrase "happen to be black" makes your assistant editor's race incidental, as though it doesn't really matter. If it didn't matter, you wouldn't have mentioned it.
3. He probably wouldn't answer you because he never told you that, because it just isn't true.
4. The "Fort Lauderdale Sun-Sentinel" isn't a thing. It's called the South Florida Sun Sentinel, and it serves the greater Ft. Lauderdale area.

This is from this past November: Man accused of murdering ex-girlfriend who reported him

There's a photograph of the guy who was arrested. The Sun Sentinel isn't trying to hide his race.
Old 12-26-2023, 08:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts

Wonder where the accused is hiding? Or maybe he went deep into the Ocala Forest where it would be hard for them to find him.

With my brother, I had gone to the Leesburg Mall about 2 weeks ago to see Godzilla Minus One and we did not see more than about a dozen shoppers there. Think there were actually more store or movie theater or food court employees there than mall walkers.

And have not been to Paddock Mall since probably 2014. I would go up there but usually to Hobby Lobby or to the Greyhound Bus terminal to get or return visiting family members.
Old 12-27-2023, 12:09 AM
Thanked 1,120 Times in 246 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike234 View Post
at least the police put out a complete description of what they are looking for. in Massachusetts, the description would never describe the race of the suspect. its offensive to do so....
They are issuing a description of a dangerous suspect who has already killed and is on the loose. Why would the police leave out such an important detail? The more information given, the better chances of a sighting & improved safety of citizens. According to the latest U.S. census, the percentage of Caucasians in Florida is 74.8% or 15.2 million. Half of those whites are males (7.5million) and 74% of white males residing in Florida are between the ages 15-64 or 5.5 million. Thus by including the race of the suspect at large, the police have eliminated 5.5 million men who otherwise could be mistakenly reported to the police and slowing the process to find the real suspect.
Old 12-27-2023, 06:45 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Wonder where the accused is hiding? Or maybe he went deep into the Ocala Forest where it would be hard for them to find him.
My guess would be he is staying with friends or relatives. The reward has been upped to $10,000. so I suspect the authorities think the same as I do.

Florida mall shooting: Reward up to $10,000 as police hunt for suspect - ABC News
Old 12-27-2023, 02:56 PM
Sage

The guy who picked up the hat cooperated with the Ocala Police according to their Facebook messaging.

That is the hat the alleged shooter was wearing.

Quote:
The man who took the red hat has been identified and is cooperating with us. We now have the hat in our possession. We are continuing our ongoing search for Albert Shell Jr. We appreciate you all for sharing our messages.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 12-27-2023 at 03:10 PM.
Old 12-28-2023, 07:16 AM
Gold member

It looks like the suspect in the mall shooting has 18 prior arrests. The last one being domestic battery by strangulation.
Old 12-28-2023, 10:17 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty_Star View Post
It looks like the suspect in the mall shooting has 18 prior arrests. The last one being domestic battery by strangulation.
Why am I not surprised?

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 12-28-2023, 10:49 AM
Sage

Your browser is not supported | ocala.com

Will check for updates.
Old 12-30-2023, 10:15 AM
Sage

Reward increased for info on deadly Ocala mall shooting suspect

The reward went up to $15,000 for information leading to the arrest of Albert Shell Jr.
Old 12-30-2023, 11:01 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
Reward increased for info on deadly Ocala mall shooting suspect

The reward went up to $15,000 for information leading to the arrest of Albert Shell Jr.
Hopefully they will capture the thug and his cohorts who have assisted him in hiding. Lock them all up!

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 12-30-2023, 11:04 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
Why am I not surprised?
Because you've created a "category" for mall shooters and this one fits neatly into the box?

Meanwhile, some other mall shooters don't fit into that box at all, but that's okay because you can just not spend a moment to check on those. So I'll do the work for you:

Jacob Bergquist left three dead including himself to suicide, after shooting a mall officer and a transgender store employee in Boise Idaho. Although reports didn't mention his race, the photos showed clearly that he was a white man. He used to brag about open-carrying through the streets of Boise, and had a prior felony conviction for retail theft.

Mauricio Martinez Garcia, shot up a mall in Allen Texas and killed 9 people this year. He was a member of a neo-nazi group, and had a russian social media account where he posted anti-semitic and anti-asian posts. He had enlisted in the army but was discharged a few months later due to mental health concerns. Though reports didn't specify his race, the photos depicted a light-skinned man of latino origin, and a mention to his natural-born American citizenship was specified.

20-year-old Jonathan Sapirman shot five and killed three people at the Greenwood Park Mall in Indiana, in 2022. Though the reports didn't specify race, photos after he was identified depict a white male with an interest in mass shootings and Nazi germany, and a cache of semi-automatic weapons in his possession when he walked to the mall from his house, a mile away. A bystander killed him before he could do any more damage.
Old 12-30-2023, 12:20 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Because you've created a "category" for mall shooters and this one fits neatly into the box?

Meanwhile, some other mall shooters don't fit into that box at all, but that's okay because you can just not spend a moment to check on those. So I'll do the work for you:

Jacob Bergquist left three dead including himself to suicide, after shooting a mall officer and a transgender store employee in Boise Idaho. Although reports didn't mention his race, the photos showed clearly that he was a white man. He used to brag about open-carrying through the streets of Boise, and had a prior felony conviction for retail theft.

Mauricio Martinez Garcia, shot up a mall in Allen Texas and killed 9 people this year. He was a member of a neo-nazi group, and had a russian social media account where he posted anti-semitic and anti-asian posts. He had enlisted in the army but was discharged a few months later due to mental health concerns. Though reports didn't specify his race, the photos depicted a light-skinned man of latino origin, and a mention to his natural-born American citizenship was specified.

20-year-old Jonathan Sapirman shot five and killed three people at the Greenwood Park Mall in Indiana, in 2022. Though the reports didn't specify race, photos after he was identified depict a white male with an interest in mass shootings and Nazi germany, and a cache of semi-automatic weapons in his possession when he walked to the mall from his house, a mile away. A bystander killed him before he could do any more damage.
The following post is the one to which I was responding "not surprised". The information contained therein obviously has nothing to do with the race/gender/politics of the shooter. It has everything to do with the shooter's criminal history. To restate: I am not surprised the shooter had a criminal history.

Last edited by manaboutown; 12-30-2023 at 12:26 PM.
Old 12-30-2023, 09:37 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
The following post is the one to which I was responding "not surprised". The information contained therein obviously has nothing to do with the race/gender/politics of the shooter. It has everything to do with the shooter's criminal history. To restate: I am not surprised the shooter had a criminal history.

Why are you "not surprised" that the suspect in the mall shooting has 18 prior arrests? What percentage of mall shooters have that many prior arrests?

And no - the fact that the shooter had a criminal history is not what you're "not surprised" about and you know it. Most people who shoot other people with guns have criminal histories, it's not worth commenting on your surprise - or lack thereof. It's akin to saying you're not surprised that the shooter was male.
Old 12-31-2023, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Yup no surprise at all. Men account for over 80% of all violent crimes committed.
That's not fair, the women are too busy practicing the world's oldest profession. 😁

Tags
mall, ocala, scared, fine, afternoon

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.