Closed Thread
Old 06-01-2020, 11:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorilorilori View Post
the next generation ... Will not be "born white and priviledged."
many/most government jobs going to minorities
social security going to minorities and lots of whites being turned down. (yes, its true)
scholorships available for minorities and less for white kids
minorities are banding together against whites.
Ok for a black to be a racist - not ok for a white.
If you think your grandkids are going to have it ez - u r asleep in the real world.
wow!
Old 06-01-2020, 11:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,383 Times in 2,521 Posts

I don't think I have seen so much hypocritical, sanctimonious, bigoted, you name it, BS posted on this subject and in similar threads on TOTV since the old political section days!
Old 06-01-2020, 11:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
I don't think I have seen so much hypocritical, sanctimonious, bigoted, you name it, BS posted on this subject and in similar threads on TOTV since the old political section days!
Old 06-01-2020, 11:52 AM

I think you really missed the point.
Black people have all the things you have as well, they pray they love they have Mothers and Fathers who love them, they are children and jobs.
What you fail to understand is what it feels like to be a black person, in our white world.

When you are stopped by the police you are white, so they don't assume you are a criminal

When you are birdwatching and you ask a woman to put her dog on a leash ..you are white, so you don't have someone call the police to say you were harassing her.

When you are out for a jog, you are white so people think your out for a jog, they don't hunt you down like an animal and shoot you in the street.

I hope these examples will help you because the racism in this country is real and making silly remarks don't help. Get in and be part of the solution.

You are either racist or you are against racists there is no middle ground. Not now.

Oh yeah I am white too.
Old 06-01-2020, 11:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,012 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry101 View Post
I keep hearing from others that because I am a white man ... I am a person of privilege. I always bristled at that suggestion. How can anyone who’s never walked a step in my shoes suggest that? ... and then I realized they were right after all! I had the privilege of having a loving mom and dad! They loved their four kids unconditionally! We ended every night with prayer! We said a prayer of thanks at every meal. We started every Sunday morning at Sunday school and then worshiped together in church. All four of us kids were there when we buried our parents. Today the four of us are nothing special ... but we know ... by faith... that Jesus is Lord! I’m sorry ... you are right... I am a person of privilege! Amen!
that remark was baiting you, imo. is prob best to leave it alone
Old 06-01-2020, 11:59 AM

It sounds like a Racism 101 course is badly needed here.
Old 06-01-2020, 12:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,012 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
The riots were led by, or manipulated by White Nationalists. That's been discovered and reported and confirmed. They've been doing tracing.
i don't think so
Old 06-01-2020, 12:18 PM
Default Also born in Cuba and came to USA in 1962

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedrocarrasco01@yahoo.com View Post
I am sorry, but I have to disagree with that post totally, I am a Hispanic male, came over from Cuba In 1962, landed in Miami, did not speak English, had to work since there was no welfare back then, worked as many as 3 jobs to be able to eat, bought a car on payments and moved to Virginia. I saw and felt discrimination, I saw the signs saying “Cubans not allowed” I was called every bad name in the book, I got over it and are now retired with no debt, no pension, but very stable and I buy what I want when I want. It’s what you make of yourself what counts. If you live with a chip on your shoulder it will be there FOREVER. GET OVER IT, work hard, worship hard live a clean life, EVERYONE CAN MAKE IT. AMERICA IS THE LAND OF OPPORTUNITIES, IF YOU ARE WILLING AND ABLE TO EARN IT. GOD BLESS AMERICA!!!!!!!
We didn't sit back and feel sorry for ourselves. In my family my parents worked and the kids to school. By the way all three kids went to medical school. Stop with the white guilt, I as a Hispanic don't ask for it or want it. Work hard for many years and you will succeed here in the US. Act like a thug and prison or death is your future.
Old 06-01-2020, 12:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellavita View Post
I think you really missed the point.
Black people have all the things you have as well, they pray they love they have Mothers and Fathers who love them, they are children and jobs.
What you fail to understand is what it feels like to be a black person, in our white world.

When you are stopped by the police you are white, so they don't assume you are a criminal

When you are birdwatching and you ask a woman to put her dog on a leash ..you are white, so you don't have someone call the police to say you were harassing her.

When you are out for a jog, you are white so people think your out for a jog, they don't hunt you down like an animal and shoot you in the street.

I hope these examples will help you because the racism in this country is real and making silly remarks don't help. Get in and be part of the solution.

You are either racist or you are against racists there is no middle ground. Not now.

Oh yeah I am white too.

BRAVO!!
Old 06-01-2020, 12:22 PM
Veteran member

vir·tue sig·nal·ing(British virtue signalling)

noun

the action or practice of publicly expressing opinions or sentiments intended to demonstrate one's good character or the moral correctness of one's position on a particular issue: it's noticeable how often virtue signaling consists of saying you hate things | standing on the sidelines saying how awful the situation is does nothing except massage your ego by virtue signaling.
"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, cigar in one hand, bourbon in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO - what a ride!" -- Hunter S. Thompson
Old 06-01-2020, 12:34 PM

I hate to say this but historically black people, by their attitudes, culture, mannerisms, dress, and disdain for authority, historically have clashed with other races. Not all certainly. But enough to rub people the wrong way. I don't consider myself racist, but I am very uncomfortable in presence of any people, be they white, black or other, that "act out" with disregard.
Old 06-01-2020, 12:38 PM
Sage

Slowly, but surely, more & more keep oozing out of the woodwork proving me (and a few other decent people willing to speak out)...correct.
Old 06-01-2020, 12:40 PM

Very true Jerry. Additionally, you probably had a job which supported you to the level in life that you lived.
Old 06-01-2020, 12:50 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayhawk View Post
Yes, but I also don't hear you or anyone else saying they wish they were born White Trash. Do you have a chance to see the online news source that can't be linked and see some of the trash that is busted on an almost daily basis? Way more white than any other. Did they miss the Privilege Train or was it just bad luck in the DNA Lottery?
Yes, there are plenty of examples of white's squandering...that head-start they were given.

It doesn't change the fact though...that they had that head-start to begin with.
Old 06-01-2020, 12:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,029 Times in 1,749 Posts

I see racism as similar to sexism. Whenever there are arbitrary differences used to put down or hurt people, we all lose. I believe that people should be judged by their behavior which they choose, and not by physical attributes which they didn’t.
Closed Thread

Tags
privilege, kids, prayer, man, sunday

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.