Miami Fans Rescue Cat

Closed Thread
Old 09-12-2021, 04:37 PM
Default Miami Fans Rescue Cat

I hope I did this right. In case you have not seen it yet, I thought this might bring a smile to our hearts. I thought this was just wonderful. Now I just hope you can access it. If not, do a Google:Miami Fans rescue falling cat.

http://https://www.miamiherald.com/s...253307768.html

Old 09-12-2021, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treetops View Post
I hope I did this right. In case you have not seen it yet, I thought this might bring a smile to our hearts. I thought this was just wonderful. Now I just hope you can access it. If not, do a Google:Miami Fans rescue falling cat.

The link doesn't work, but the googling does - fantastic!
Old 09-12-2021, 08:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,156 Times in 2,250 Posts

Caught (sorry for the pun) on the news, one very lucky cat.
Old 09-13-2021, 08:49 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

I saw it. Glad the kitty is ok.
Old 09-13-2021, 10:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default I have been a cat owner since I was a child.

I have seen this video and the thing that troubles me is how that cat got there and how did the kitty get into a position that it was clinging like that?

Cats do not act like dogs. They don't like real "people-y" places. That cat would never have snuck in. And if in, it would try to get away from crowds and noise.

It makes me think someone hung that kitty there on purpose and that makes me angry and sad.

And I promised myself I wouldn't type any more dumb posts.

I do so like cats and dogs. I really don't think any self respecting cat would have gotten itself in that pickle.
Old 09-13-2021, 12:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I have seen this video and the thing that troubles me is how that cat got there and how did the kitty get into a position that it was clinging like that?

Cats do not act like dogs. They don't like real "people-y" places. That cat would never have snuck in. And if in, it would try to get away from crowds and noise.

It makes me think someone hung that kitty there on purpose and that makes me angry and sad.

I do so like cats and dogs. I really don't think any self respecting cat would have gotten itself in that pickle.
Yes, someone actually hung a cat there with no one noticing...

-Tom Petty
Old 09-13-2021, 12:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:

Gracie, I know you have cats and know their habits and peculiarities. We've had seven of them down through the years, and we love cats as much as we love dogs. and know them well.

I have seen cats on several occasions in the outfields of baseball stadiums, and a couple of football stadiums. They usually come in from far out in the field, start running around, and eventually make their way up into the stands, trying to escape. I've seen it in person and also on television. One even climbed up to a scoreboard in a major league field.

I'm not saying this is what happened, and there was a stadium back in the '70s where nasty people threw cats. (I don't know where the cats came from.) But at least the people standing along the fencing in Miami looked like they were trying to reach this cat.

He could have gotten up into the stands and then tried to escape somehow, terrified. At any rate, I hope that is the case.
Old 09-13-2021, 01:03 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,251 Posts

Saving a cat? What's the big deal? They have nine lives.
Old 09-13-2021, 01:11 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts

Video shows Florida football fans use a U.S. flag to rescue cat that fell from upper deck

This should work.
Old 09-13-2021, 01:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:

Gee, I wonder how the expression, "curiosity killed the cat came about"?
Old 09-13-2021, 04:50 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
Gracie, I know you have cats and know their habits and peculiarities. We've had seven of them down through the years, and we love cats as much as we love dogs. and know them well.

I have seen cats on several occasions in the outfields of baseball stadiums, and a couple of football stadiums. They usually come in from far out in the field, start running around, and eventually make their way up into the stands, trying to escape. I've seen it in person and also on television. One even climbed up to a scoreboard in a major league field.

I'm not saying this is what happened, and there was a stadium back in the '70s where nasty people threw cats. (I don't know where the cats came from.) But at least the people standing along the fencing in Miami looked like they were trying to reach this cat.

He could have gotten up into the stands and then tried to escape somehow, terrified. At any rate, I hope that is the case.
You know when you say it like that it makes sense. I just hope that cat throwing is NOT a new thing. I talked it over with Mikey just now and he is getting really old, (like me) and he said, "Those people don't care what you think. Open that can of Tuna on the breakfast bar. My dish is empty. "

So I did.

I stand corrected. I still love that old furry. He is almost twenty years old.
Old 09-13-2021, 06:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
You know when you say it like that it makes sense. I just hope that cat throwing is NOT a new thing. I talked it over with Mikey just now and he is getting really old, (like me) and he said, "Those people don't care what you think. Open that can of Tuna on the breakfast bar. My dish is empty. "

So I did.

I stand corrected. I still love that old furry. He is almost twenty years old.
You go, Mikey!
Old 09-13-2021, 08:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts

A YouTube video:

Falling cat caught in American flag at Hard Rock Stadium during Miami game. - YouTube
Old 09-14-2021, 05:14 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,522 Times in 628 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treetops View Post

The cat thanked them by clawing them and peeing on one of the rescuers. Reminds me of the time one of my parent’s cats got chased up a pine tree and wouldn’t come down. My Mother was extremely upset so I got an extension ladder out and got my hands on the cat. By the time I got him down he had scratched my arm bloody and peed on me. He was about 20’ up that tree and he descended the last 6 feet on his own and yes it is true they always land on their feet
Old 09-14-2021, 05:29 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevillages2013 View Post
The cat thanked them by clawing them and peeing on one of the rescuers. Reminds me of the time one of my parent’s cats got chased up a pine tree and wouldn’t come down. My Mother was extremely upset so I got an extension ladder out and got my hands on the cat. By the time I got him down he had scratched my arm bloody and peed on me. He was about 20’ up that tree and he descended the last 6 feet on his own and yes it is true they always land on their feet
The cat was scared to death.

Cats don't pee on people when they are scared. Dogs do.

Tags
rescue, cat, hope, fans, thought

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.