Is the Moderna Vaccine authorized for the booster shot or not?

Closed Thread
Old 09-25-2021, 02:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,169 Times in 1,930 Posts
Default Is the Moderna Vaccine authorized for the booster shot or not?

MSM is reporting that Moderna has not received EAU for booster shots, even for immunocompromised people. People who have received their immunizations from Moderna will just have to wait for their booster shots. They even said that thousands of people have already received Moderna booster shots that should not have received them because Moderna booster shots are not yet authorized. I heard this from Lester Holt (NBC) and from Nora O'Donnell (CBS). I know many of you do not consider these news sources to be reliable so now I'm starting to wonder just how reliable they are. Can't believe I even said that!

I went to the Johns Hopkins website, as recommended by someone on another thread. Johns Hopkins states that they are administering Pfizer and Moderna booster shots to those who have a "qualifying medical condition". This is from the Johns Hopkins website, FAQ..........

"Is Johns Hopkins offering third shots of the Covid-19 vaccines?
Yes. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has authorized an additional COVID-19 vaccine dose for people who received either the Pfizer-BioNTech or the Moderna COVID-19 vaccines and have a qualifying medical condition, as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). A third shot has been authorized only for the Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna COVID-19 vaccines.

People with a qualifying medical condition who have received either the Pfizer-BioNTech or the Moderna COVID-19 vaccines are eligible to get an additional dose of the same vaccine at select Johns Hopkins Medicine vaccination clinics. Eligible people must schedule a COVID-19 vaccine third dose in advance, as follows:

Schedule online through MyChart. View scheduling instructions.
Schedule by phone at 443-997-1875, Monday through Friday, from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.

The FDA and CDC continue to evaluate data regarding the need for additional doses for other populations. For now, those who received the Janssen/Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine are not eligible to receive any additional doses of any authorized COVID-19 vaccines. Read more about getting a COVID-19 third dose at Johns Hopkins Medicine."

This is the Johns Hopkins website with this information. I consider Johns Hopkins to be a reliable source......

COVID-19 Vaccination Guidance for Johns Hopkins Medicine Patients | Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Updates
Old 09-25-2021, 02:55 PM

Not yet!
Old 09-25-2021, 03:07 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbartle1 View Post
Not yet!
So.......Lester and Nora are telling the truth? So glad to hear that.

Having said that..... Hubby saw a "desk" set up at Colony Publix to register people for the Moderna booster shot. I guess Publix hasn't received the memo.
Old 09-25-2021, 03:12 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,132 Times in 812 Posts

Is the Moderna Vaccine authorized for the booster shot or not?

Depends on who you want to believe.
Remember when the first two shots was the complete answer to this b.s.
Old 09-25-2021, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
MSM is reporting that Moderna has not received EAU for booster shots, even for immunocompromised people. People who have received their immunizations from Moderna will just have to wait for their booster shots. They even said that thousands of people have already received Moderna booster shots that should not have received them because Moderna booster shots are not yet authorized. I heard this from Lester Holt (NBC) and from Nora O'Donnell (CBS). I know many of you do not consider these news sources to be reliable so now I'm starting to wonder just how reliable they are. Can't believe I even said that!

I went to the Johns Hopkins website, as recommended by someone on another thread. Johns Hopkins states that they are administering Pfizer and Moderna booster shots to those who have a "qualifying medical condition". This is from the Johns Hopkins website, FAQ..........

Yes. The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has authorized an additional COVID-19 vaccine dose for people who received either the Pfizer-BioNTech or the Moderna COVID-19 vaccines and have a qualifying medical condition, as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). A third shot has been authorized only for the Pfizer-BioNTech and Moderna COVID-19 vaccines.

People with a qualifying medical condition who have received either the Pfizer-BioNTech or the Moderna COVID-19 vaccines are eligible to get an additional dose of the same vaccine at select Johns Hopkins Medicine vaccination clinics. Eligible people must schedule a COVID-19 vaccine third dose in advance, as follows:

The FDA and CDC continue to evaluate data regarding the need for additional doses for other populations. For now, those who received the Janssen/Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine are not eligible to receive any additional doses of any authorized COVID-19 vaccines. Read more about getting a COVID-19 third dose at Johns Hopkins Medicine."

This is the Johns Hopkins website with this information. I consider Johns Hopkins to be a reliable source......

COVID-19 Vaccination Guidance for Johns Hopkins Medicine Patients | Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Updates
Do you have a “qualifying medical condition”? Moderna has not received approval yet for a third shot for most people.

J&J, Moderna and Pfizer: What We Know About Booster Shots So Far – NBC Chicago

Last edited by John Mayes; 09-25-2021 at 03:20 PM. Reason: Clarification
Old 09-25-2021, 03:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,390 Times in 2,068 Posts

Back in August an EUA was issued for third shots of both Pfizer and Moderna for certain immunocompromised individuals. Recently, an EUA was issued for a booster shot of Pfizer for those 65 and over and some other groups.

A Google search can find the actual CDC notifications

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 09-25-2021, 05:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

This link states Moderna's position on the third shot.

Moderna Asks FDA To Authorize A Booster Shot Of Its COVID-19 Vaccine. : Coronavirus Updates : NPR

All the rest of the arm waving is either special interest motivated,
or the inefficient process of approvals (on top of approvals).

Moderna was and still is under the "emergency approval to distribute" awaiting all the rubber stamps and quid quo pros to take place.

I don't see Moderna changing anything after approval that they are doing or not doing today.

We got our third dose yesterday at Publix. They require an appointment that can only be made on line. Very user friendly site (Google Publix third shot). Our appointments were 1:00 and 1:15 PM and on our way by 1:20 PM.

Side effects? None!
Old 09-25-2021, 06:35 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Mayes View Post
Do you have a “qualifying medical condition”? Moderna has not received approval yet for a third shot for most people.

J&J, Moderna and Pfizer: What We Know About Booster Shots So Far – NBC Chicago
From what I saw on last night's news, Moderna does not have authorization for anyone to have booster shots, even if someone has a "qualifying medical condition".
Old 09-25-2021, 06:41 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill14564 View Post
Back in August an EUA was issued for third shots of both Pfizer and Moderna for certain immunocompromised individuals. Recently, an EUA was issued for a booster shot of Pfizer for those 65 and over and some other groups.

A Google search can find the actual CDC notifications
I just found this from FDA.gov from August 12th. Seems Moderna does have authorization for booster shots for immunocompromised. I wish the media would get this straight. There is conflicting information about the Moderna booster authorization.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update: FDA Authorizes Additional Vaccine Dose for Certain Immunocompromised Individuals | FDA
Old 09-25-2021, 07:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,523 Times in 3,109 Posts

Quote:
I just found this from FDA.gov from August 12th. Seems Moderna does have authorization for booster shots for immunocompromised. I wish the media would get this straight. There is conflicting information about the Moderna booster authorization.

Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update: FDA Authorizes Additional Vaccine Dose for Certain Immunocompromised Individuals | FDA
This is why you should always go to the source of information, when you want to know the information.

If you want an analysis of the information, or opinions about the information, or an investigative report about the source of the information, you go to the media.

If the media says something and you want to know if there's truth to it, go to the source. Always. Don't say "oh well CNN says X therefore it's fake news" or "Fox stated that and that makes it fake news."

This doesn't apply to breitbart, newsmax, the onion, or oann, because all four are, by definition, fake news.
Old 09-25-2021, 08:08 PM

Quote:

Just because it’s FDA approved doesn’t mean it’s good for your body. A lot of things that are good for your body are not FDA approved.
Old 09-25-2021, 08:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,278 Times in 4,297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
This doesn't apply to breitbart, newsmax, the onion, or oann, because all four are, by definition, fake news.
Fake News? Says you...

And The Onion is a freakin' PARODY site!

-Tom Petty
Old 09-25-2021, 09:11 PM

Amen
Old 09-25-2021, 09:26 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

I have actually had my Moderma booster back in August. My doctor called me and scheduled it so I got it. I am not going to question my doctor.
Old 09-26-2021, 04:28 AM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to rjn5656
Default Moderna

Got our Moderna booster at Villages Discount Pharmacy on Rt 44. They have all 3 booster, Pfizer, Moderna and JJ.

Tags
covid-19, moderna, johns, hopkins, received

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.