New CDC studies show waning vaccine effectiveness

Closed Thread
Old 09-18-2021, 08:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,645 Times in 1,516 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
Not only is the vaccine safe and necessary but they never seem to add that one of it’s side effects is that it seems to also get rid of colds or bronchitis, which I had a medium case of when I got vaccinated. Then had fever for a day then felt completely well after 48 hours. Cold or bronchitis gone. I know this is anecdotal but how is it they don’t study or report on the POSITIVE side effects of the vaccine?
I think that the vaccine CAUSED me and my spouse to catch colds that we NEVER get otherwise. It's been over ten years since I have had a cold but shortly after receiving my vaccination, I had head congestion and a cough I couldn't seem to get rid of. No fever. I never blamed it on the vaccination until you brought it up. Positive? I have no idea whether or not I was ever exposed to Covid so I do not know if the vaccinate worked for me. I have never had the flu so who knows whether or not I would have ever contracted the virus. I have no regrets regarding my search and obtaining of the vaccination for my spouse (and myself) but I have to be honest and wonder out loud whether or not it has even had a chance to work for me. The negative side effects was none for my spouse that has all the medical issue, but a couple miserable days for me after the second shot. Worth it IF the virus worked for me.
Old 09-18-2021, 08:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,025 Times in 1,749 Posts

If the vaccine caused your cold the moon is made out of blue cheese! Fever is a sign of the immunity system working, it seemed to have worked on other infection as well. I believe you had a cold I just don’t believe the vaccine caused it and there are 7 million Israelis who agree with me.
Old 09-18-2021, 08:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,279 Times in 4,297 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byte1 View Post
I think that the vaccine CAUSED me and my spouse to catch colds that we NEVER get otherwise. It's been over ten years since I have had a cold but shortly after receiving my vaccination, I had head congestion and a cough I couldn't seem to get rid of. No fever. I never blamed it on the vaccination until you brought it up. Positive? I have no idea whether or not I was ever exposed to Covid so I do not know if the vaccinate worked for me. I have never had the flu so who knows whether or not I would have ever contracted the virus. I have no regrets regarding my search and obtaining of the vaccination for my spouse (and myself) but I have to be honest and wonder out loud whether or not it has even had a chance to work for me. The negative side effects was none for my spouse that has all the medical issue, but a couple miserable days for me after the second shot. Worth it IF the virus worked for me.
Get a Covid antibody test. Ask them to test for the "natural" immunity antibodies...

You may be surprised at the results...

-Tom Petty
Old 09-18-2021, 09:04 AM
Sage

Quote:
If the vaccine caused your cold the moon is made out of blue cheese! Fever is a sign of the immunity system working, it seemed to have worked on other infection as well. I believe you had a cold I just don’t believe the vaccine caused it and there are 8 million Israelis who agree with me.
And yet, you feel that the vaccine prevented you from catching a cold. OK.
Maybe the reason you haven't heard anyone speaking of the positive side effects is that there is no evidence of such, other than a reduction in covid infections that are now back to the high percentage.
I have only met a couple "Israelis" in the past so I have no idea if any of them agree with me...
Old 09-18-2021, 09:07 AM
Sage

Quote:
If the vaccine caused your cold the moon is made out of blue cheese! Fever is a sign of the immunity system working, it seemed to have worked on other infection as well. I believe you had a cold I just don’t believe the vaccine caused it and there are 7 million Israelis who agree with me.
I always thought it was GREEN cheese...

-Tom Petty
Old 09-18-2021, 09:11 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
I always thought it was GREEN cheese...
It isn't?
Old 09-18-2021, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Not only is the vaccine safe and necessary but they never seem to add that one of it’s side effects is that it seems to also get rid of colds or bronchitis, which I had a medium case of when I got vaccinated. Then had fever for a day then felt completely well after 48 hours. Cold or bronchitis gone. I know this is anecdotal but how is it they don’t study or report on the POSITIVE side effects of the vaccine?
Safe....not so fast....No long term safety study or short term (5 years) study has been done. FDA did not follow any of their own policies fro approval...so in many many ways..the vaccine is still an experimental compound......boosters are risky at this stage.
Old 09-18-2021, 10:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,025 Times in 1,749 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drducat View Post
Safe....not so fast....No long term safety study or short term (5 years) study has been done. FDA did not follow any of their own policies fro approval...so in many many ways..the vaccine is still an experimental compound......boosters are risky at this stage.
Also no 10 year, 20 year, 50 year studies have been done yet. There really is no such thing as ABSOLUTE safety in life - only probabilities. Existentially, all things are experimental. You have NO reason to assume boosters are risky COMPARED to getting Covid. I think you just want to stir the pot, myself.
Old 09-18-2021, 10:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
I disagree with the content of this post.
Old 09-18-2021, 10:31 AM
Sage

Quote:
Also no 10 year, 20 year, 50 year studies have been done yet. There really is no such thing as ABSOLUTE safety in life - only probabilities. Existentially, all things are experimental. You have NO reason to assume boosters are risky COMPARED to getting Covid. I think you just want to stir the pot, myself.
I agree with the contents of this post.
Old 09-18-2021, 11:01 AM
Sage

Quote:
The White House was prepared to push booster on everyone, but the FDA put a stop to that idea. They said there was NO benefit as far as they could tell of anyone under the age of 65 getting the booster.
Old 09-18-2021, 11:51 AM
Sage

Quote:
It isn't?
I'd say ask Neil Armstrong, but he's dead... Coincidence?

-Tom Petty
Old 09-18-2021, 11:55 AM
Sage

Quote:
The White House was prepared to push booster on everyone, but the FDA put a stop to that idea. They said there was NO benefit as far as they could tell of anyone under the age of 65 getting the booster.
I agree with the content of this post...

-Tom Petty
Old 09-19-2021, 11:05 AM
Sage

Quote:
Why do the anti-vaccers feel SO compelled to SELL their ANTI (as in ANTIQUATED) philosophy like it is a RELIGIOUS CALLING? Do they make money by PREACHING their nonsense? I could understand an OCCASIONAL suggestion for others to NOT take a vaccine or a booster - BUT, BUT this CONSTANT DRUMBEAT of chaos-causing misinformation has become LUDICRIOUS and ANNOYING! And the constant ATTEMPTS at defending the indefensible seems childishly immature (like a Butthead and Beavis clown show). Attempts like false logic and bogus links!
The jury is NOT out on CV vaccines any longer - they work! - end of story!
Over 60% of Americans have taken the vaccine and they prove that it works - end of story!
99% of the people that have DIED of CV were the UNvaccinated - end of story!
The UNvaccinated in hospitals BEG Doctors for the vaccine - too late - end of story!
The UNvaccinated are responsible to a large extent for the emergence of the DELTA variant - end of story!

I wonder if these preachers of the gospel of ANTI-vaccines are people with DEATH WISHES for themselves and humanity. I have NEVER thought of a LOGICAL motivation for their actions. I guess I don't understand STRANGE cultish zombie-thinking. .......last end of story!
Old 09-19-2021, 11:18 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
Why do the anti-vaccers feel SO compelled to SELL their ANTI (as in ANTIQUATED) philosophy like it is a RELIGIOUS CALLING? Do they make money by PREACHING their nonsense? I could understand an OCCASIONAL suggestion for others to NOT take a vaccine or a booster - BUT, BUT this CONSTANT DRUMBEAT of chaos-causing misinformation has become LUDICRIOUS and ANNOYING! And the constant ATTEMPTS at defending the indefensible seems childishly immature (like a Butthead and Beavis clown show). Attempts like false logic and bogus links!
The jury is NOT out on CV vaccines any longer - they work! - end of story!
Over 60% of Americans have taken the vaccine and they prove that it works - end of story!
99% of the people that have DIED of CV were the UNvaccinated - end of story!
The UNvaccinated in hospitals BEG Doctors for the vaccine - too late - end of story!
The UNvaccinated are responsible to a large extent for the emergence of the DELTA variant - end of story!

I wonder if these preachers of the gospel of ANTI-vaccines are people with DEATH WISHES for themselves and humanity. I have NEVER thought of a LOGICAL motivation for their actions. I guess I don't understand STRANGE cultish zombie-thinking. .......last end of story!
Maybe they are tired of being ostracized by folks like you that accuse them of being "selfish and UN-patriotic." Just a theory.
Most of them are NOT "anti-vaccines" but just anti-vaccine mandate and anti-mask mandate. Some of us have been vaccinated, yet feel that masks are a feeble and inadequate placebo. Some of us respect other folks wishes to abstain from vaccination until they know more about the "new" vaccine. Some of us have lived through other epidemics and have learned not to panic and run amok yelling "the sky is falling" and then demand that everyone else believe their prediction. Some of us understand that no amount of vaccines and medications will prevent the definite and inevitable death that comes to all of us.
But, that is just my opinion and you know what they say about opinions, right?

Tags
percent, cases, deaths, vaccinated, fully

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.