New CDC studies show waning vaccine effectiveness

Closed Thread
Old 09-17-2021, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
We shall see.
Over use of vaccines is no different than over use of antibiotics where the virus will over come and grow to super bug status rendering the vaccines or antibiotic useless by means of evading by mutations....known fact.
Old 09-17-2021, 09:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,214 Times in 1,951 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drducat View Post
Over use of vaccines is no different than over use of antibiotics where the virus will over come and grow to super bug status rendering the vaccines or antibiotic useless by means of evading by mutations....known fact.
I agree about overuse of antibiotics but did not know same principle applies to vaccines. Why is it that our experts in epidemiology are asking for high percentage of people to be vaccinated? That is the opposite of “overuse”.
Old 09-17-2021, 09:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,666 Times in 1,524 Posts

"Waning " or not, I'm not sure that I will be getting a booster for this thing, UNLESS things change drastically for the worse. And I do not mean infections. I am talking about the death rate. I do not care about the infection rate. Everyone could be infected for all we know. What is the percentage of folks actually getting tested and how accurate are the tests? Infection rate means nothing to me. Death rate by Covid is the main factor. And what is the ratio of persons vaccinated that are having serious side effects, including death? Not that I fear this for myself, but since I am unlikely to die from Covid due to my healthy condition, why take a chance with the vaccine if there is any chance of it being a danger? I am not suggesting that anyone else decline the vaccination. I will neither endorse or discourage the use of this vaccination. I do feel that the vaccine has saved a lot of lives. How many, I do not know. Since everyone seems to think that masks are the great answer, perhaps it was not the vaccine but the mask that has saved so many lives.....

Last edited by Byte1; 09-17-2021 at 10:05 AM.
Old 09-17-2021, 10:53 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,393 Times in 4,373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byte1 View Post
"Waning " or not, I'm not sure that I will be getting a booster for this thing, UNLESS things change drastically for the worse. And I do not mean infections. I am talking about the death rate. I do not care about the infection rate. Everyone could be infected for all we know. What is the percentage of folks actually getting tested and how accurate are the tests? Infection rate means nothing to me. Death rate by Covid is the main factor. And what is the ratio of persons vaccinated that are having serious side effects, including death? Not that I fear this for myself, but since I am unlikely to die from Covid due to my healthy condition, why take a chance with the vaccine if there is any chance of it being a danger? I am not suggesting that anyone else decline the vaccination. I will neither endorse or discourage the use of this vaccination. I do feel that the vaccine has saved a lot of lives. How many, I do not know. Since everyone seems to think that masks are the great answer, perhaps it was not the vaccine but the mask that has saved so many lives.....
Which is why, I've been saying for months, that they should be testing for ANTIBODIES, and not ONLY for "active" covid...

-Tom Petty
Old 09-17-2021, 11:03 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
Which is why, I've been saying for months, that they should be testing for ANTIBODIES, and not ONLY for "active" covid...
Thank you. Finally some common sense ideas.
Old 09-17-2021, 11:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,928 Times in 1,546 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMintzer View Post
If mutations are the problem, why is the booster the very same vaccine and dosage as the first two shots?
I could EASILY answer that question. But, more IMPORTANTLY, would real intelligent posters like the several Doctors that respond regularly to this forum - ask such a simplistic question of me?
I sincerely doubt it!
Old 09-17-2021, 11:54 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
Now the Atlantic is a magazine I read sometimes. I’m willing to look at this article.

Ok, I read the article. To me it sounds like Malone was not given enough credit for his contribution to the discovery of mRNA in his opinion, and now he wants the limelight in any way he can. He sounds vindictive and disappointed. It must be hard to go against a vaccine that you want to take credit for. He sounds like an unhappy man.
Good conclusion. I would also add the factor of MONEY. The is likely lots of dark money floating around the US that favors ANYONE that can add CONFUSION to this issue.
Old 09-17-2021, 12:08 PM
Sage

Quote:
If about 10% of the people"know" or believe a certain fact, can that be TRUELY called a "known fact"??????
Old 09-17-2021, 01:05 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
If about 10% of the people"know" or believe a certain fact, can that be TRUELY called a "known fact"??????
I believe that certain folks ^ should address their comments to the legalize pot forum.
Old 09-17-2021, 01:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,393 Times in 4,373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
I could EASILY answer that question. But, more IMPORTANTLY, would real intelligent posters like the several Doctors that respond regularly to this forum - ask such a simplistic question of me?
I sincerely doubt it!
If it's so easy to answer, answer it! ""

-Tom Petty
Old 09-17-2021, 02:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
I agree about overuse of antibiotics but did not know same principle applies to vaccines. Why is it that our experts in epidemiology are asking for high percentage of people to be vaccinated? That is the opposite of “overuse”.
Exactly and further proof is that 99% of the CV deaths in hospitals are THE UNVACCINATED!
Old 09-17-2021, 02:25 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byte1 View Post
I believe that certain folks ^ should address their comments to the legalize pot forum.
And that book title should be, "The Art and Science of Deflection". A sure-fire best seller!
Old 09-18-2021, 05:44 AM

Just the 65 and older crowd......and only if? and then they argue "arguing there is not enough evidence to show it is safe and necessary."

FDA Advisory Panel Recommends Against Pfizer Covid Boosters—Except For People Over 65
Old 09-18-2021, 08:14 AM

Seems as there is a shift in thinking.....Big gap between Pfizer, Moderna vaccines seen for preventing COVID hospitalizations
Old 09-18-2021, 08:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,074 Times in 1,775 Posts

Quote:
Just the 65 and older crowd......and only if? and then they argue "arguing there is not enough evidence to show it is safe and necessary."

FDA Advisory Panel Recommends Against Pfizer Covid Boosters—Except For People Over 65
Not only is the vaccine safe and necessary but they never seem to add that one of it’s side effects is that it seems to also get rid of colds or bronchitis, which I had a medium case of when I got vaccinated. Then had fever for a day then felt completely well after 48 hours. Cold or bronchitis gone. I know this is anecdotal but how is it they don’t study or report on the POSITIVE side effects of the vaccine?
Closed Thread

Tags
percent, cases, deaths, vaccinated, fully

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.