New CDC studies show waning vaccine effectiveness

Closed Thread
Old 09-12-2021, 06:44 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,863 Times in 786 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkBlogW View Post
Between April 4 and June 19, before Delta’s rise, fully vaccinated people accounted for 5 percent of cases, 7 percent of hospitalizations and 8 percent of deaths. Those figures roughly doubled between June 20 to July 17 as the variant spread. Fully vaccinated individuals accounted for 18 percent of cases, 14 percent of hospitalizations and 16 percent of deaths.

New CDC studies show waning vaccine effectiveness against hospitalization in elderly

So cases doubled in a month, as delta began its surge

Attachment 90761

So two months ago CDC reported fully vaccinated individuals accounted for 18 percent of cases, 14 percent of hospitalizations and 16 percent of deaths

Take a look at the graph and estimate the percentages of breakthough cases, hospitalizations, and deaths in fully vaccinated people as delta surged from July 17 until present.

Vaccine passports anyone?
This infection rate for vaccinated people is in line with the latest from the CDC about where effectiveness is now six months after most of us in The Villages got vaccinated: about 90% for Moderna, 85% for Pfizer, and less for the Johnson & Johnson single dose. Combine all those and that’s relatively close. The article you cite is from “Politico,” and you have used the information accurately. However, I went to the CDC web site and found the just-released study and found the source of the information. Politico definitely cherry-picked the most alarming sentences while not mentioning the paragraphs just above or after, which provide very different pictures. Here are all three paragraphs:

“During April 4–July 17, a total of 569,142 (92%) COVID-19 cases, 34,972 (92%) hospitalizations, and 6,132 (91%) COVID-19–associated deaths were reported among persons not fully vaccinated, and 46,312 (8%) cases, 2,976 (8%) hospitalizations, and 616 (9%) deaths were reported among fully vaccinated persons in the 13 jurisdictions (Table). The weekly prevalence of the SARS-CoV-2 Delta variant increased from <1% to 90% during April 4–July 17. Full vaccination coverage increased from 19% to 54%; in the final week, coverage ranged by age group from 45% (in persons aged 18–49 years) to 73% (≥65 years).

“During April 4–June 19, fully vaccinated persons accounted for 5% of cases, 7% of hospitalizations, and 8% of deaths overall; these percentages were higher during June 20–July 17 (18%, 14%, and 16%, respectively). Using the reported 37% vaccination coverage for the 13 jurisdictions during April 4–June 19 and an assumption of 90% VE, vaccinated persons would have been expected to account for 6% of cases (close to the 5% observed). With 53% coverage reported during June 20–July 17, vaccinated persons were expected to account for 10% of cases at a constant VE of 90%; the observed 18% would have been expected at a lower VE of 80%.

“[NOTE THIS PARAGRAPH!] Averaged weekly, age-standardized rates (events per 100,000 persons) were higher among persons not fully vaccinated than among fully vaccinated persons for reported cases (112.3 versus 10.1), hospitalizations (9.1 versus 0.7), and deaths (1.6 versus 0.1) during April 4–June 19, as well as during June 20–July 17 (89.1 versus 19.4; 7.0 versus 0.7; 1.1 versus 0.1, respectively). Higher hospitalization and death rates were observed in older age groups, regardless of vaccination status, resulting in a larger impact of age-standardization on overall incidence for these outcomes.”

That means, again, that in a given week, at a time when 90% of the Covid-19 cases are the Delta variant, among the UNVACCINATED, in a group of 100,000 people, 89.1 caught the virus, 7 were hospitalized, and 1.1 died. (So of every 7 unvaccinated people who go to the hospital, 1 dies and 6 live to go home and try to recover from it.) Among the VACCINATED, out of 100,000 people in the general population, 19.4 caught the virus, 0.7 had to be hospitalized, and 0.1 died. That means ONE person in a MILLION who was vaccinated DIED in that week.

Another way of looking at it is to say that in that week, out of 100,000 people in one week, 99,911 who were NOT vaccinated did NOT get sick. If you multiply that by 52 weeks, however, it looks like roughly one UNvaccinated person in 20 would get Covid and 0.6 out of 100 would die IN A YEAR. My math may be wrong here.

Here’s the link:

Monitoring Incidence of COVID-19 Cases, Hospitalizations, and Deaths, by Vaccination Status — 13 U.S. Jurisdictions, April 4–July 17, 2021 | MMWR

By the way, here are a couple useful charts of where various news sources fall on the political spectrum and the reliability spectrum. Worth saving and framing.
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	330674A9-D06B-402D-93E9-2BF3A93E7686.jpg
Views:	537
Size:	38.6 KB
ID:	90768   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	95C92658-B2E6-4415-B3FE-BF546EC7A571.jpg
Views:	495
Size:	85.7 KB
ID:	90769  

Last edited by MandoMan; 09-12-2021 at 07:44 AM.
Old 09-12-2021, 06:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,389 Times in 2,067 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrymini View Post
I am glad, or not glad, as the case may be, to hear that everybody during the pandemic died of covid, not the flu, not heart disease, not cancer. All these numbers are cooked. If you really want to know, you make the effort to know everything you can, especially with vaccines that have not gone through the usual prerequisite screening process. The cdc stopped counting a great deal. After all, you may find out that your politically motivated convictions are wrong, oh my!
Can you post a source for your claim that no one died from flu, heart disease, or cancer? This report seems to show otherwise.

If the Covid death numbers are just cooked, do you have an explanation for the approximately 550,000 additional deaths in 2020?

What prerequisite screening processes were skipped?

Victor, NY
Randallstown, MD
Yakima, WA
Stevensville, MD
Village of Hillsborough
Old 09-12-2021, 07:06 AM

COVID-19 Survivors Have Broad, Longer-Term Immunity

Besides the study out of Israel, there is another source out of Cell Reports Medicine: DEFINE_ME

Research lead Dr. is out of Emory University. Rafi Ahmed, director of the Emory University Vaccine Center and a lead author of the paper.
Old 09-12-2021, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I can find no evidence that people who are fully vaccinated account for 14 percent of hospitalization.

The Delta Variant is FAR more contagious and there have been many break through cases that I am aware of personally, but only one who was hospitalized: Dr. Boogie on this forum.
Your anectdotal experience has zero relevance to actual data collected by the CDC.

It's funny how everyone says follow the science, trust the CDC, except when the data goes against their personal beliefs.
Old 09-12-2021, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrymini View Post
I am glad, or not glad, as the case may be, to hear that everybody during the pandemic died of covid, not the flu, not heart disease, not cancer. All these numbers are cooked. If you really want to know, you make the effort to know everything you can, especially with vaccines that have not gone through the usual prerequisite screening process. The cdc stopped counting a great deal. After all, you may find out that your politically motivated convictions are wrong, oh my!
Indeed! We have been lied to from the very beginning of this plandemic. Who really believes the numbers we are hearing are accurate? If anyone truly takes the time to study the numbers and put everything in perspective you can easily see the numbers do not add up! We are being manipulated is a very despicable way in order to sow extreme divisions amongst us. It is Critical Theory in practice again. Those who have studied history can understand how this has worked out in the past.

If you want the jab, get it. If you don’t want it, don’t get it. Just leave your neighbor be and let them live of die as they wish. In other words Don’t Tread on Me.

Finally, unless YOU have counted the people, protocols followed, treatments received and compiled the data yourselves, please do not believe ANYONE who quotes you numbers. Especially 3 letter groups under national or NGO authority. Unless of course you do not mind leading people astray and being the indirect result of there demise.
Old 09-12-2021, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Escape Artist View Post
That graph doesn't say anything about fully vaccinated/breakthrough cases or at least I didn't see anything.
The graph is for all cases in the US over a period of time. I posted it only to show the time period CDC collected data for this study and it's relation to the delta surge.

Hint: The study was at the very beginning of the surge.
Old 09-12-2021, 07:41 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandoMan View Post
This infection rate for vaccinated people is in line with the latest from the CDC about where effectiveness is now six months after most of us in The Villages got vaccinated: about 90% fir Moderna, 85% for Pfizer, and less for the Johnson & Johnson single dose. Combine all those and that’s relatively close. However, the death rate for vaccinated people is NOT what I’ve seen elsewhere, which is virtually none. I read the article from Politico that you cited, and I think you have misunderstood the numbers.

By the way, here are a couple useful charts of where various news sources fall on the political spectrum and the reliability spectrum. Worth saving and framing.
This chart showing spectrum is indeed worth saving and framing. I so wish that more people would check the bias of their sources. Some are indeed biased in their opinions but they are factual, such as The New York Times, The Washington Post, AP Wire.
Old 09-12-2021, 07:45 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkBlogW View Post
Your anectdotal experience has zero relevance to actual data collected by the CDC.

It's funny how everyone says follow the science, trust the CDC, except when the data goes against their personal beliefs.
I was not clear. I want you to link me to something from the CDC that says that 14% of people hospitalized were fully vaccinated. I cannot find the CDC saying that. Please link it.
Old 09-12-2021, 07:50 AM

We now have options. If you get the virus (shot or no shot), you can get the medicine for free. They set up a site in Brownwood movie theater.
(new monoclonal antibody therapy) This option sounds better than going to the hospital for treatment.
Old 09-12-2021, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Coats View Post
Indeed! We have been lied to from the very beginning of this plandemic. Who really believes the numbers we are hearing are accurate? If anyone truly takes the time to study the numbers and put everything in perspective you can easily see the numbers do not add up! We are being manipulated is a very despicable way in order to sow extreme divisions amongst us. It is Critical Theory in practice again. Those who have studied history can understand how this has worked out in the past.

If you want the jab, get it. If you don’t want it, don’t get it. Just leave your neighbor be and let them live of die as they wish. In other words Don’t Tread on Me.

Finally, unless YOU have counted the people, protocols followed, treatments received and compiled the data yourselves, please do not believe ANYONE who quotes you numbers. Especially 3 letter groups under national or NGO authority. Unless of course you do not mind leading people astray and being the indirect result of there demise.
THANK YOU for saying what so many of us have concluded from EXTENSIVE research! Thank you also for taking the time to say it ... I can't be bothered anymore. Percentagewise, few people will let go of their preconceived notions, feelings, and biases, despite evidence to the contrary. I have taken to spending my efforts on more productive endeavors during my free time and, thus, comment far less frequently. I can usually breeze through the TOTV topics within 10 minutes now - it used to be an hour or more.
Old 09-12-2021, 07:51 AM

Hubs and I we're vaccinated February 12th and March 12th with Moderna. The end of August with both contracted covid-19. We follow CDC guidelines and we're masking up again and social distancing. None of our friends had it as far as we know and we don't know where we contracted the disease. I got it from my husband I know that much but where he got it we have no idea. Thankfully the modern vaccine kept our sickness down to a minimum. We both had one really bad day and then we were able to function relatively normally. We both quarantined for 10 days after we received our positive test for covid, per the CDC guidelines. We are both over 65. We both still can't taste or smell much of anything but are functioning normally other than that. Special shout out to thank the scientists that developed the Moderna Vaccine. Although it's waning in potency, it did exactly what it was supposed to do for us.
Old 09-12-2021, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I was not clear. I want you to link me to something from the CDC that says that 14% of people hospitalized were fully vaccinated. I cannot find the CDC saying that. Please link it.
Our finding that a substantial and growing proportion of hospitalized persons were fully vaccinated is not surprising; the proportion of hospitalized cases who are fully vaccinated is expected to increase as population vaccination coverage increases. Given the high vaccination coverage, particularly in older age groups, which was more than 80% in July for those ≥65 years,2 the finding that 16% of hospitalized cases ≥18 years during that month were fully vaccinated is consistent with what we would expect from highly effective vaccines.

COVID-19-associated hospitalizations among vaccinated and unvaccinated adults ≥18 years – COVID-NET, 13 states, January 1 – July 24, 2021 | medRxiv
Old 09-12-2021, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Far right website. No thanks.

MSM is my preferred news source and to obtain my information from. It is "main stream", not extreme.
Did you even listen to the podcast? Just because it may be far right doesn't mean it isn't accurate or contain thought provoking ideas. The MSM is agenda driven. If that's your only source of information, you're going to end up being sorely misinformed. I suspect any source that doesn't agree with your views is labeled 'far right'.

BTW, latest info from Britain:

Data show that only about 25% of deaths in Britain are among the unvaccinated - and that vaccinated people over 40 are actually MORE likely to get Covid than the unvaccinated.

This, from an unbiased source.
Old 09-12-2021, 08:09 AM

I love all this bs, please don’t stop! If you do stop where will I find so much entertainment for free!
Old 09-12-2021, 08:19 AM

Unfortunately, as the vax becomes ineffective for Cov-Id, the long term effects are still real, such as Bells Palsy, Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s. You gotta ask yourself. Is it worth it knowing you have a 99.8% chance of surviving, except maybe for those with cormobidities?
Closed Thread

Tags
percent, cases, deaths, vaccinated, fully

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.