New COVID guidelines from CDC - Maybe 2021

Closed Thread
Old 05-16-2021, 07:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,648 Times in 1,517 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tee4ta View Post
Finally! I believe the change is only for those who are fully vaccinated. I hope this motivates people who may be on the fence about getting the vaccine.
Why would it make a difference? Now, they can continue to go about their business without worrying about the vaccinated giving them a hard time for not wearing their masks. You cannot force anyone to be vaccinated. They have their reasons for not getting the shots. Just like you have your reasons for getting the shots. It's still a free country.
Old 05-16-2021, 07:42 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girlcopper View Post
Dumb stipulation too. Obviously the ones not vaccinated will say they are. They are the same ones who have cried about wearing a mask this past year so will be the first to pull it off and breath on the rest of us
If you are vaccinated, you shouldn't care whether they "breath on" you. You either had enough confidence in the vaccine or you don't.
Old 05-16-2021, 11:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,184 Times in 1,936 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkagele View Post
Doesn't really make sense. It's the vaccines that changed the playing field. If changing the guidelines was the only thing needed to get people back to work; then they should have changed them a year ago.

I think the change in guidelines has more to do with the changing public sentiment than it has to do with science. Even some of the well-known hosts of the opinion programs on the cable news channels are questioning why masks are required. Changing the guidelines, IMO, demonstrates the manipulation the CDC has been conducting on the populace. Think about it. What has changed since November that makes fully vaccinated folks safe today but not back then? If the vaccines are effective (and I believe they are) there's no reason for anyone fully vaccinated to wear a mask at all.
More people are vaccinated. That could be the reason for the new guidance. I think so. We aren't at herd immunity yet so that is the reason why only vaccinated people can take the masks off safely. Those who are not vaccinated yet act like they are by not wearing masks, are more vulnerable to contracting Covid. Good luck to those folks who are not protected.
Old 05-16-2021, 11:16 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmarkwald View Post
Beside a blatent disregard for others, it doesn't take a math wiz to figure out that a 99% survival rate (many with serious lifelong neurological and other issues) would mean

3.28 MILLION AMERCANS DEAD

Apparently, that is perfectly acceptable to you?
People love to spout off the this virus is 99% survivable but when you get down to it, that is a whole hell of a lot of people. And......to think of those that do survive with transplanted lungs, and all sorts of long haul side effects, that 99% survival rate does not seem so great.

But......there is hope for the Covid long haulers. Seems the mRNA vaccines give many long haulers relief from their long haul side effects. Now, isn't that special???? (think of Dana Carvey when you read that.)
Old 05-16-2021, 11:19 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,477 Times in 753 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byte1 View Post
If you are vaccinated, you shouldn't care whether they "breath on" you. You either had enough confidence in the vaccine or you don't.
If you wear a seat belt you might as well drive 120mph through the Villages, why not, you should trust your seat belt.
Old 05-16-2021, 11:22 AM
Sage

Quote:
What irritates me are newscasters standing on the street, nobody within 50 feet of them, wearing a mask.
What I would like to see is the people on The Today Show move closer together on set. I know they are all vaccinated because they all received their first shots on camera so they could set a good example to the American people. Now lets show everyone that they trust the vaccine and move closer together. Same with Kelly and Ryan. What is stopping them from getting closer together? They do that trick photography with the camera to make it look like they are sitting close together but they are really very well separated.

If everyone is vaccinated, they should show their confidence in the vaccines.

Last edited by coffeebean; 05-16-2021 at 01:42 PM.
Old 05-16-2021, 11:50 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
What I would like to see is the people on The Today Show move closer together on set. I know they are all vaccinated because they all received their first shots on camera so they could set a good example to the American people. Now lets show everyone that they trust the vaccine and move closer together. Same with Kelly and Ryan. What is stopping them from getting closer together? They do that trick photography with the camera to make it look like they are sitting close together but they are really very well separated.

If everyone is vaccinated, show they should show their confidence in the vaccines.
Everyone is doing it, it must be a conspiracy.
Old 05-16-2021, 12:20 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan View Post
If you wear a seat belt you might as well drive 120mph through the Villages, why not, you should trust your seat belt.
what's that got to do with the virus? Is the seat belt advertised as saving you if you crash doing 120mph? I guess some folks can't have a discussion without using extremes.
Old 05-16-2021, 12:21 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Maybe so but the 1% might kill ya.
So could food poisoning.
Old 05-16-2021, 12:26 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
what's that got to do with the virus? Is the seat belt advertised as saving you if you crash doing 120mph? I guess some folks can't have a discussion without using extremes.
Extremes are only valid when used against vaccines? I see almost every post against vaccines saying once vaccinated you CAN NOT spread the virus, you CAN NOT get the virus, and on and on. Absolutes fly frequently on this forum

My example was to say seat belts, air bags, crash cages all safety features that help you survive a crash. The same is true of the vaccine, it helps, nothing is 100%. But many litte things helping is better than NOTHING.
Old 05-16-2021, 12:28 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
What irritates me are newscasters standing on the street, nobody within 50 feet of them, wearing a mask.
Why should that irritate you? Who cares?
Old 05-16-2021, 01:05 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villageswimmer View Post
Why should that irritate you? Who cares?
Actually, it does make it difficult to understand them. Even when COVID was at it's peak (if possible) a broadcaster standing at a distance should be able to take off his/her mask in order to communicate with the public. I do not give credibility to anyone saying it's dangerous, yet they will stand in a combat zone with rockets exploding all around them, showing how brave they are. Just my opinion, but I understand the ludicrous idea of a newsperson feeling they must wear a mask to deliver three lines of supposed news.
Old 05-16-2021, 01:12 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
A better analogy: My neighbor got a DUI, therefore I shouldn't drive, either (even though I have a perfect driving record and never drink).

If you have gotten your vaccination, you are safe! You won't be getting the virus from anyone else.Time to stop worrying about what others are doing and live your life.
Old 05-16-2021, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brynnie View Post
That 99% survival rate is not necessarily applicable to people with comorbidities (cancer, heart disease, diabetes), who may be dining in that restaurant, too. How about a little consideration for them?
You know...I was at a breakfast shop in TV on Saturday. A fully masked woman was standing in line by our table as we were eating. She suddenly pulled her mask off, sneezed on me and my food, then replaced her mask. Two weeks ago, I saw a fully masked man at the coffee/condiment bar. He pulled up his mask, licked his entire row of fingers, and proceeded to handle all items within his reach - with those fingers. That same day, another fully masked woman and her fully masked husband came in to sit at the table next to us. Before taking their seats, she pulled a large bottle of disinfectant from her purse and wiped down every surface. Halfway through her meal, she pulled her mask off and sneezed loudly into the open air, then replaced her mask. So DO please preach the line of how "considerate and caring of others" all the "maskers" are compared to those of us who choose to breathe.
Old 05-16-2021, 02:20 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justus View Post
You know...I was at a breakfast shop in TV on Saturday. A fully masked woman was standing in line by our table as we were eating. She suddenly pulled her mask off, sneezed on me and my food, then replaced her mask. Two weeks ago, I saw a fully masked man at the coffee/condiment bar. He pulled up his mask, licked his entire row of fingers, and proceeded to handle all items within his reach - with those fingers. That same day, another fully masked woman and her fully masked husband came in to sit at the table next to us. Before taking their seats, she pulled a large bottle of disinfectant from her purse and wiped down every surface. Halfway through her meal, she pulled her mask off and sneezed loudly into the open air, then replaced her mask. So DO please preach the line of how "considerate and caring of others" all the "maskers" are compared to those of us who choose to breathe.
Would you please provide a link, reference, or anything that confirms anyone has ever said ALL maskers are considerate or others?

Nothing like painting with a broad brush.
Closed Thread

Tags
cdc, website, guidelines, daily, administered

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.