The New York Times front page posts heartbreaking list of people dead from Covid-19.

Closed Thread
Old 05-24-2020, 01:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default The New York Times front page posts heartbreaking list of people dead from Covid-19.

A heartbreaking New York Times front page lists 1,000 coronavirus deaths — just 1% of the total US death toll
Old 05-24-2020, 02:34 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,015 Times in 273 Posts

If notification had been given to the public when it was known to the officials, so many lives would have been saved. Very sad.
Old 05-24-2020, 06:58 AM
Veteran member

How do you really know we have the most cases in the world? Do you think China, Russia etc have accurately reported their actual cases? Don't compare our reaction to the Virus with a third world country like Brazil, and don't start with the politics. THE BLAME GAME DOESN'T WORK.
You also have to consider our size compared to many of the other countries- Italy, Spain, France etc.
Old 05-24-2020, 07:06 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

How strange, they could have filled 6-10 pages of 1000 each just from deaths in New York nursing homes.
Old 05-24-2020, 08:13 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodLife View Post
How strange, they could have filled 6-10 pages of 1000 each just from deaths in New York nursing homes.
I will never be able to understand why people try to put a political slant on a situation where almost everyone is peddling as best they can. Why people blame the deaths on this or that, or change the subject into elaborate conspiracies. I do not know why people follow the direction of any politician who is not following the direction of good medical science. I will never be able to understand why people do not see that the repercussions of this novel virus will devastate the economy of the world although I do not believe that it was engineered or planned to do so. I don't want to influence anyone in how they live and the choices they make. I do believe that the demographics of The Villages put a target on our backs. I also believe that almost every single person who lives here not only realizes the effect on business here and everywhere and cares about the business here and everywhere. We all have lived long enough to know what will happen. And I believe most people care deeply about business AND the health of their peers.

It is my opinion that many governors, no matter which side of the aisle they sit on have tried to protect lives. I commend both Mike DeWine and Governor Cuomo. Ditto others on both sides of the aisle. They are working with statistics that are incomplete. ALL have made mistakes.

Last edited by graciegirl; 05-24-2020 at 08:20 AM.
Old 05-24-2020, 08:21 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,798 Times in 734 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I will never be able to understand why people try to put a political slant on a situation where almost everyone is peddling as best they can. Why people blame the deaths on this or that, or change the subject into elaborate conspiracies. I do not know why people follow the direction of any politician who is not following the direction of good medical science. I will never be able to understand why people do not see that the repercussions of this novel virus will devastate the economy of the world although I do not believe that it was engineered or planned to do so. I don't want to influence anyone in how they live and the choices they make. I do believe that the demographics of The Villages put a target on our backs. I also believe that almost every single person who lives here not only realizes the effect on business here and everywhere and cares about the business here and everywhere. We all have lived long enough to know what will happen. And I believe most people care deeply about business and the health of their peers.

It is my opinion that many governors, no matter which side of the aisle they sit on have tried to protect lives. I commend both Mike DeWine and Governor Cuomo. Ditto others on both sides of the aisle. They are working on statistics that are incomplete. ALL have made mistakes.
I haven’t heard any medical advice from any politician who does not have sound medical science from the best professionals out there. Would you please share with us who this would be?
Old 05-24-2020, 08:25 AM
Gold member

I wonder how many lives could have been saved if they were cared for in the Navy Ship COMFORT or the JAVITS Center where there were thousands of beds fully equipped and staffed that were hardly used? Truly a
New York and New Jersey Tragedy. The States with the most restrictions on life seem to be the States with the most deaths. We were in The Villages for 4 months and came home stopping in South Carolina for two weeks. It feels like we are living in a different Country, not a different State. ThIs Learned Behavior is still taking its toll and there appears to be no End in sight with as expected no help from the NT Times.
Old 05-24-2020, 08:33 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilcon View Post
How do you really know we have the most cases in the world? Do you think China, Russia etc have accurately reported their actual cases? Don't compare our reaction to the Virus with a third world country like Brazil, and don't start with the politics. THE BLAME GAME DOESN'T WORK.
You also have to consider our size compared to many of the other countries- Italy, Spain, France etc.
We must recognize the mistakes made by the slow walking this horrible virus. It’s not blame, it’s preparation for the next time.
Old 05-24-2020, 08:41 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,950 Times in 829 Posts

Quote:
I will never be able to understand why people try to put a political slant on a situation where almost everyone is peddling as best they can. Why people blame the deaths on this or that, or change the subject into elaborate conspiracies. I do not know why people follow the direction of any politician who is not following the direction of good medical science. I will never be able to understand why people do not see that the repercussions of this novel virus will devastate the economy of the world although I do not believe that it was engineered or planned to do so. I don't want to influence anyone in how they live and the choices they make. I do believe that the demographics of The Villages put a target on our backs. I also believe that almost every single person who lives here not only realizes the effect on business here and everywhere and cares about the business here and everywhere. We all have lived long enough to know what will happen. And I believe most people care deeply about business AND the health of their peers.

It is my opinion that many governors, no matter which side of the aisle they sit on have tried to protect lives. I commend both Mike DeWine and Governor Cuomo. Ditto others on both sides of the aisle. They are working with statistics that are incomplete. ALL have made mistakes.
The very nature of the NYT article is political, a dramatic list of 1000 dead filling a page. Everybody knows the death totals, everyone knows the score. We also know that New York had a law that forced nursing homes to take covid 19 positives which resulted in 1000s of deaths. It's political why they did not choose to print that list.

PS The NYT made it to the 6th name on the list before they posted a fake covid 19 death. That guy was murdered, but since he tested positive they counted it as a covid 19 death. I think they have since editied his name from the list.
Old 05-24-2020, 08:45 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,798 Times in 734 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimJohnson View Post
We must recognize the mistakes made by the slow walking this horrible virus. It’s not blame, it’s preparation for the next time.
Good point but how is China to be harnessed to provide actual facts vs the information they provided to the world? I know the USA and other countries of the world would have reached out readily to provide any assistance to contain this virus promptly. Unfortunately, China, refused any scientific assistance the USA wanted to provide.
Old 05-24-2020, 08:47 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces4 View Post
I haven’t heard any medical advice from any politician who does not have sound medical science from the best professionals out there. Would you please share with us who this would be?
Some say one may be the Governor of NY ( and NJ) who placed the elderly stricken in Nursing Homes Where They died instead of the Naval ship COMFORT and the JAVITS Center. These Fully staffed and equipped hospitals were originally set up to care for non COVID patients so the local hospitals could be utilized for Covid patients. Later both Governors requested and received permission to use both facilities for Covid patients however both facilities were hardly utilized to the amazement of many. JAVITS Was closed down and the COMFORT returned to its home base. The cost of this

Perhaps not well known outside of New York and New Jersey is the fact that a huge number of these nursing homes are owned by the Jewish ultra orthodox who are huge supporters of the current governor of New York as they were for his father The former governor. I have not read the New York Times article and I would be very surprised if they connected these dots. This cost taxpayers tens of millions of dollars and there is still no answer as to why the two governors failed to utilize these facilities

My comments should not be deemed political but merely a reflection of the facts as they exist.
Old 05-24-2020, 08:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by villagerjack View Post
Some say one may be the Governor of NY ( and NJ) who placed the elderly stricken in Nursing Homes Where They died instead of the Naval ship COMFORT and the JAVITS Center. These Fully staffed and equipped hospitals were originally set up to care for non COVID patients so the local hospitals could be utilized for Covid patients. Later both Governors requested and received permission to use both facilities for Covid patients however both facilities were hardly utilized to the amazement of many. JAVITS Was closed down and the COMFORT returned to its home base. The cost of this

Perhaps not well known outside of New York and New Jersey is the fact that a huge number of these nursing homes are owned by the Jewish ultra orthodox who are huge supporters of the current governor of New York as they were for his father The former governor. I have not read the New York Times article and I would be very surprised if they connected these dots. This cost taxpayers tens of millions of dollars and there is still no answer as to why the two governors failed to utilize these facilities

My comments should not be deemed political but merely a reflection of the facts as they exist.
Really.....
Old 05-24-2020, 09:09 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodLife View Post
The very nature of the NYT article is political, a dramatic list of 1000 dead filling a page. Everybody knows the death totals, everyone knows the score. We also know that New York had a law that forced nursing homes to take covid 19 positives which resulted in 1000s of deaths. It's political why they did not choose to print that list.

PS The NYT made it to the 6th name on the list before they posted a fake covid 19 death. That guy was murdered, but since he tested positive they counted it as a covid 19 death. I think they have since editied his name from the list.
The list to me shows that many real people died recently as a result of this novel virus. It shows that most of them were older. It shows that they were alive in March. It casts no blame, and makes no claims. It gives their age, and a couple of words about them.

Real people died. I hope soon someone figures out something to protect more vulnerable people from dying. I really hope that happens. Then we can see if people choose to use the tools are not. People never cease to amaze me.

I used the names of two governors who represented both parties. I certainly do not agree with their politics at all times. I think that every single human was and is flying by the seat of their pants when it comes to this very real danger. I am a registered Republican. I have loved friends and family member who are registered Democrats. We cannot vilify or deify people based on how they vote. There are some mighty dumb people on both sides of the aisle.

Day before yesterday, a friend in Ohio who was 81 died of Covid-19. Today his wife has it. They are/were registered Republicans. But how they voted is not what people are thinking and feeling right now who know that family.
Old 05-24-2020, 09:18 AM
Veteran member
Location: Upstate NY, So Fla, Louisiana, So Fla, Santiago and now Bonnybrook

Quote:
The list to me shows that many real people died recently as a result of this novel virus. It shows that most of them were older. It shows that they were alive in March. It casts no blame, and makes no claims. It gives their age, and a couple of words about them.

Real people died. I hope soon someone figures out something to protect more vulnerable people from dying. I really hope that happens. Then we can see if people choose to use the tools are not. People never cease to amaze me.

I used the names of two governors who represented both parties. I certainly do not agree with their politics at all times. I think that every single human was and is flying by the seat of their pants when it comes to this very real danger. I am a registered Republican. I have loved friends and family member who are registered Democrats. We cannot vilify or deify people based on how they vote. There are some mighty dumb people on both sides of the aisle.

Day before yesterday, a friend in Ohio who was 81 died of Covid-19. Today his wife has it. They are/were registered Republicans. But how they voted is not what people are thinking and feeling right now who know that family.
I am with you, maybe not political party, but definitely thoughts
Old 05-24-2020, 09:19 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aces4 View Post
Good point but how is China to be harnessed to provide actual facts vs the information they provided to the world? I know the USA and other countries of the world would have reached out readily to provide any assistance to contain this virus promptly. Unfortunately, China, refused any scientific assistance the USA wanted to provide.
U.S. intelligence was acquiring data and other information about Covid 19 and its possible pandemic effect in early January. Both China and the US were attempting to down play the seriousness of the virus, but the medical and scientific folks on both sides of the pond would not be silent. This is a global problem not a them versus us.
Closed Thread

Tags
york, times, front, page, posts

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.