NFL using end-zone stencils, helmet stickers in social-justice push

Closed Thread
Old 09-03-2020, 05:52 AM

So, ya’ll are going to cut off your noses to spite your faces so no one can rub your noses in your racist attitudes? Sounds very snowflakish to me.
Old 09-03-2020, 06:08 AM

I am ahead of the times - not watched a baseball game in 10 years, heading into year 3 of no Football, Basketball is none in 20.
Now living in TV I can't fathom sitting there in front of the box with all our things to do. I watch golf and soccer and even that is starting to get a little shaky. It takes a while to ween yourself off this nonsense but after a year or two you really don't miss it at all.
Old 09-03-2020, 06:15 AM

Being from Massachusetts, I’m a big Patriot’s fan, but I canceled NFL Sunday ticket. Probably will watch Brady and the Gronk locally to see how they do at Tampa, but that’s it.
Old 09-03-2020, 06:18 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,285 Times in 451 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanFL View Post
I have NOT watched one minute of Baseball, Basketball, team sports this year. Only Golf. Was really looking forward to Pro Football, esp with Brady now in Tampa Bay. I even bought a Brady/Tampa Bay jersey. Was hoping that Goodell would stay out of the fray and pandering - NO! (anyone want the jersey?). Really not sure if I will watch NFL games now. Why must EVERYTHING be so POLITICAL??? (BTW, pls no political comments or Mods will delete...).

-----------------------
NFL teams will add symbols to their end zones and helmets this season as part of a leaguewide effort to make clear its commitment to social justice.

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said Tuesday that teams will stencil two phrases into the backs of their end zones — “End Racism” and “It Takes All of Us” — this season. Additionally, he said players will be allowed to wear helmet decals “bearing the names of the victims” of police violence and systemic racism.

MORE>

NFL using end-zone stencils, helmet stickers in social-justice push - Chicago Sun-Times
NFL, NBA, NBL seems to me “The -lady-doth-protest-too-much”. These pro leagues know they were the source of unjust for god knows how many years, so now they are jamming it down our throats.
Old 09-03-2020, 06:26 AM

How about White Lives Matter stenciled on one end zone and Black lives matter on the other...Now that Equality!!! Watch the fur fly!!
Old 09-03-2020, 06:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,145 Times in 5,378 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwmilo View Post
How about White Lives Matter stenciled on one end zone and Black lives matter on the other...Now that Equality!!! Watch the fur fly!!
Or All Loves Matter
Old 09-03-2020, 06:41 AM

Pro spirts are dead to me too!
Old 09-03-2020, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanFL View Post
I have NOT watched one minute of Baseball, Basketball, team sports this year. Only Golf. Was really looking forward to Pro Football, esp with Brady now in Tampa Bay. I even bought a Brady/Tampa Bay jersey. Was hoping that Goodell would stay out of the fray and pandering - NO! (anyone want the jersey?). Really not sure if I will watch NFL games now. Why must EVERYTHING be so POLITICAL??? (BTW, pls no political comments or Mods will delete...).

-----------------------
NFL teams will add symbols to their end zones and helmets this season as part of a leaguewide effort to make clear its commitment to social justice.

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said Tuesday that teams will stencil two phrases into the backs of their end zones — “End Racism” and “It Takes All of Us” — this season. Additionally, he said players will be allowed to wear helmet decals “bearing the names of the victims” of police violence and systemic racism.

MORE>

NFL using end-zone stencils, helmet stickers in social-justice push - Chicago Sun-Times
Bye, bye I say to all the so called professional 'people who play with a ball'. Lost all respect for these spoiled brats. Let them use their so called college degrees in real life and get a real job. Have a nice day!
Old 09-03-2020, 06:50 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,128 Times in 1,351 Posts

Record and fast forward thru their crappy agenda.
Old 09-03-2020, 07:11 AM

As mother of police and wife of policeman. I am PRO-police. Not biased,because I spent 50 years watching my men and their comrades do the job to protect, defend, rescue, and follow-up afterward to aid battered women or helpless children or battling spouses. With all the POLICE HATRED today, NO HUMAN can handle The insults, and ORDERS TO STAND DOWN when bottles, bricks and Firebombs are tossed at them. IF I WERE POLICE TODAY, I would QUIT, Walk away, screw the Pension. IT IS NOT WORTH DYING FOR MEAN HATEFUL “Fake Protesters”. These are Malicious mobs of Hate.
Old 09-03-2020, 07:21 AM

Drew Bress has Jacob Blake on his helmet. If it was his wife or 14 years old daughter that was raped, would he still wear it so proudly? He is a POS sst l my sike the rest of the alphabet sports
Old 09-03-2020, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alto2548 View Post
Maybe more people would watch if the "woke" sports teams lead by example.
I would love to see these athletes, who seem to feel a deep connection to the plight of their people, actually move into their communities. They become millionaires and can't wait to move away from the very people they espouse support for. Every sports team should come up with a "Support the People, support the neighborhood" clause. It would require that every athlete actually live in the neighborhood of their sports team. So for example Aaron Donald of the LA Rams couldn't live in his glitzy mansion in Calabasas, he would have to live in Inglewood. That $4.7 million he spent on that mansion at The Oaks would really go a long way in Inglewood, and the community would get a much needed lift. "Lead by example" doesn't mean leaving the very neighborhood that needs you the most.
Old 09-03-2020, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieo1126@gmail.com View Post
Well I guess I have no sense , I’m already with my NFL ticket. I’m was a multi tour combat veteran who fought for the rights off everyone to express themselves peacefully in any manor they wish legally
Thank you. It’s gratifying to hear you served to protect everyone’s right to an opinion. Some might mistake that for Freedom of Speech.
Old 09-03-2020, 07:38 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,445 Times in 580 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty94 View Post
I dislike having social statements forced upon me. On Monday, I was watching Tampa defeat Boston in hockey. The camera panned for a second to a BLM poster high in the stands. I almost turned off the TV. If they do it again, I’m done with hockey. As for the NFL, I think they all should be on both knees praying their sponsorship doesn’t go down the tubes. Most everyone I know has decided to stop watching. Combine that with Covid and I just don’t see how they can continue to pay out salaries and keep their stadiums open.
Most of the NFL does not own their stadiums municipalities built them with our tax dollars same with Soccer, Hockey, BB, Tennis and Baseball.
Old 09-03-2020, 07:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jensor17 View Post
As mother of police and wife of policeman. I am PRO-police. Not biased,because I spent 50 years watching my men and their comrades do the job to protect, defend, rescue, and follow-up afterward to aid battered women or helpless children or battling spouses. With all the POLICE HATRED today, NO HUMAN can handle The insults, and ORDERS TO STAND DOWN when bottles, bricks and Firebombs are tossed at them. IF I WERE POLICE TODAY, I would QUIT, Walk away, screw the Pension. IT IS NOT WORTH DYING FOR MEAN HATEFUL “Fake Protesters”. These are Malicious mobs of Hate.
I'm really surprised that many municipalities haven't had a recurrence of The Blue Flu.

They're not allowed to strike but I would love to see a nationwide Blue Flu to show these people how important the police are.

The number of LEOs that have committed atrocities is very small as is the number of atrocities. Most of those that have found to have broken the law in the performance of their duties have been prosecuted.

Today, people tend to jump to the conclusion that every time a black person is killed by police that it wasn't justified and that it was because of racism. We often don't have all of the information.

I believe that we're going to see some information come out about George Floyd and Jacob Blake that will change a lot of opinions. of course, there will be those whose opinion will never change even in the face of compelling evidence and facts.

There is something else going on that creates these protests and riots. They are not simply starting.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Closed Thread

Tags
nfl, teams, bay, jersey, goodell

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.