No more cashless businesses

Old 01-06-2024, 11:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,515 Times in 3,106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachKandSportsguy View Post
The government currently regulates how companies can do business, and the government should set the rules for competition, and then enforce the rules of competition.

There are state insurance regulations, state medical regulations, state/local hours of operation, state wages and benefits requirements, etc. . . there is anti trust regulation, there is product safety regulation, there are labor regulations, etc. . . . there are plenty of financial regulations on qualifications to sell financial products, etc.

In the 80's, bank perps went to jail, then the rules changed, and companies paid fines, which is shareholder money. So that creates moral hazard, and not a hard deterrent. The problem is recently, the government went lax on enforcement, particularly the SEC.

Companies need to know their limits, and the rules of the game, and the enforcement needs to be relatively swift and not paid with shareholder cash. Then let companies fight among themselves for our business. . . then you have capitalism properly.

I won't go any farther in the government downfall, as that falls into the the prohibited type on TOTV. .
I agree. I was referring only to the idea of the government mandating that private companies must accept cash, and the misunderstanding of "legal tender for all debts" terminology. It doesn't mean what some people think it means.
Old 01-06-2024, 11:47 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyDog View Post
Good grief, the internet is a friend to all. The BOOK I named has been sold on Amazon and other booksellers for over 3 years! It's a conspiracy alright, an intentional and specific plan that has been announced and put right in front of us. If only more had the eyes and willingness "to see".
There's also books by Hitler on Amazon. Doesn't mean that it should provide them any credibility whatsoever.

"The Great Reset" has been widely accepted to be a conspiracy. It's unfortunate that some elderly people were tricked into believing this by mostly getting their news from Facebook or a certain news organization that has admitted that they have lied and been fined for almost a Billion dollars.

reuters.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyDog View Post
Since his book published, Schwab has been interviewed or given speeches many times where he has described more details of what they intend. Many of those ^^^ are available for viewing on various websites. Dial-in already.
He's a grifter like several others that promote his idealogies.

From Wikipedia:

"Schwab has also drawn ire for mixing the finances of the not-for-profit WEF and other for-profit business ventures. For example, the WEF awarded a multimillion dollar contract to USWeb in 1998. Yet shortly after the deal went through, Schwab took a board seat at the same company, reaping valuable stock options."
Old 01-07-2024, 01:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,939 Times in 2,459 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
I agree. I was referring only to the idea of the government mandating that private companies must accept cash, and the misunderstanding of "legal tender for all debts" terminology. It doesn't mean what some people think it means.
Yep, paper is useless..
Old 01-07-2024, 02:02 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoSno View Post
There are many businesses that offer a cash discount, even the DMV.

Discount so some don’t have claim income????? Why feds want cashless so no under table discounts.
Old 01-07-2024, 02:07 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
They don't have to carry cash around with them. Once upon a time, there was no electronic fund transfer options, there was no e-banking, it wasn't a thing. So you had to bring your paycheck to the bank to cash it, or to the supermarket and pay a small fee to cash it, or to a check-cashing store and pay a bigger fee to cash it.

But if you have to go somewhere to cash your check, you could deposit it in the bank - and use the corresponding debit card instead of wads of bills in your wallet. Debit cards are accepted pretty much everywhere. They're not as secure as credit cards, but cash is also not as secure. Pickpockets still exist afterall. It's not hard to lift a wallet from someone's pocket or purse if they're appropriately distracted. Plus, with systems like Samsung Pay, Gpay, and Apple Pay, you can load your debit card info to the system and use your phone/smartwatch/tablet to pay for purchases. The fun thing about that, is that it delivers the number disguised as a different number. Thieves will see the disguise, not the actual credit card number.
Pickpockets still exist. Yep IRS.
Old 01-07-2024, 02:15 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
Come on Mo. Admit it. Your just an old dinosaur!
Our days are done, our kids and grands rule the world now, and they love all the electronic stuff.
I must confess to liking it myself, and getting rid of cash is easier than I thought.
Had to learn to pay with my phone, but with all my banking online anyway, it was just a natural progression, the speed of transactions is a wonder, and the security is top hole.
No more traveling to bank or cash machines, everything I need to do is a click away.
Even my wife lets me carry my wallet again, as there is naff-all in it that cant be lost.
(I lost it once 45 years ago, and my lady never trusted me with it again.)
Join the 21st Century, it's fun.
All I have to remember is where I left my phone!
I wish I still had my ford cortina with manual choke and easy to work on.

Ok, I Amit it, like dinosaurs I will soon be gone and all my Pettit problems will go away
Old 01-07-2024, 04:17 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Discount so some don’t have claim income????? Why feds want cashless so no under table discounts.
So you think the DMV is not claiming the income?
Old 01-07-2024, 04:21 PM

Mr Chip - Truly, just realize that you have nothing to add on this specific information.

I provided relevant keywords/info that readers can source for themselves and decide what they think about their findings. You should have enough respect for readers to do the same rather that weigh-in with nothing but word salad and fronting Wikipedia as an authoritative source - which they are not and never have been.

Relax...
Old 01-07-2024, 06:17 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts
Default Cashless

Quote:
Originally Posted by shut the front door View Post
if it passes. I hope it does. I had to whip out a credit card to pay for a $1 bag of chips recently and it did not make me happy.

"Refusing cash payments could become illegal for most Florida businesses in 2024 under legislation sponsored by state Sen. Shevrin Jones, a Miami-Dade County Democrat, and state Rep. Joel Rudman, a Panhandle Republican."

Florida May Stop Businesses from Going Cashless
Cashless became prominent during the Covid pandemic. Does the bill have exceptions?
Old 01-07-2024, 06:26 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,550 Times in 418 Posts

OMG! I read in a book that I should take all of my cash, and give it to Mr. X. I'm going to do that right now, cuz I read it in a book!

(I'm going to write a book. I bet you I can get 5K villagers to do what I say cuz it was in a book.}
Old 01-07-2024, 10:03 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoSno View Post
So you think the DMV is not claiming the income?
No, other private business or workers like waiters any that report income on receipts, no receipts reported no income reported. Cashless will account for every penny. Which maybe good for some of us and not so good for others?
Old 01-07-2024, 10:05 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by shut the front door View Post
OMG! I read in a book that I should take all of my cash, and give it to Mr. X. I'm going to do that right now, cuz I read it in a book!

(I'm going to write a book. I bet you I can get 5K villagers to do what I say cuz it was in a book.}

Well if you read it in book it must be true. No author would right books with their opinionated views.
Old 01-08-2024, 11:49 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Cashless will account for every penny. Which maybe good for some of us and not so good for others?
That's not true at all. Cashless doesn't mean there will be a centralized system cropping up all of the sudden. Cryptocurrencies would've been made illegal a long time ago if that was the direction that things were going.

Most people have their money in a variety of places like investment accounts, bank accounts at multiple banks in multiple countries, crypto, Paypal, etc. I work for one of the biggest banks in the world. There's no way that a government would be able to handle tracking all that, and there's no real benefit in wanting to manage all of that.

Tags
state, businesses, sponsored, legislation, florida

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.