No more gun permits needed

Closed Thread
Old 07-17-2023, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Common sense isn't very common these days. Nor is situational awareness. Here's how you can possibly know a gun won't help you:

If someone is behind you - you can't see him. You can't know he has a knife, and you won't know that he's going to stab you until you have already been stabbed. At that point - you're already stabbed, and gun won't unstab you.

If someone has a gun to your face, then - if you move, he'll shoot you. His gun is already out, loaded, cocked, and aimed at your face. Yours is holstered. You reach for it - you're dead. A gun won't help you become un-shot in the face.

I’ve forgotten more about situational awareness than you’ll ever know.

Now, you see someone coming TOWARD you with a knife, and it looks like he's aiming to stab you then sure. A gun will probably save you from that.

If you see someone coming toward you with a hand on his holster, but the gun isn't out yet, and isn't aimed at your face yet, then yup - you have a chance at saving yourself, assuming you're faster than he is.

Common sense, situational awareness. It's all part of "paying attention." If you're not good at that, you absolutely should not ever carry a firearm.
He was not behind me. He was in front of me. I was climbing out of a pool and he stabbed me while I was starting to get up. I had no idea he even had a knife and obviously did not feel threatened or I would have stayed in the pool.

The gun incident. I was talking to my neighbor across the street and one of his friends when we were approached by two thugs with the intent to rob us. We were told to get our money out. I said I don’t have anything on me. That’s when he came over to me and stuck the gun in my face and said…”we’ll get to you soon enough white boy”…he then went back to robbing the other 2. At that point if I had a gun, I could and would have used it.

I hope those comments about common sense and situational awareness weren’t directed at me. I’ve read just about everything you’ve ever written on this forum until I couldn’t stand to read anymore of your BS and blocked you for about a year. I guess I need to do that again.

Last edited by Hardlyworking; 07-17-2023 at 05:23 PM.
Old 07-17-2023, 07:50 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,565 Times in 3,128 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardlyworking View Post
He was not behind me. He was in front of me. I was climbing out of a pool and he stabbed me while I was starting to get up. I had no idea he even had a knife and obviously did not feel threatened or I would have stayed in the pool.

The gun incident. I was talking to my neighbor across the street and one of his friends when we were approached by two thugs with the intent to rob us. We were told to get our money out. I said I don’t have anything on me. That’s when he came over to me and stuck the gun in my face and said…”we’ll get to you soon enough white boy”…he then went back to robbing the other 2. At that point if I had a gun, I could and would have used it.

I hope those comments about common sense and situational awareness weren’t directed at me. I’ve read just about everything you’ve ever written on this forum until I couldn’t stand to read anymore of your BS and blocked you for about a year. I guess I need to do that again.
Why in the world do you think I was directing the comment at you? I quoted the person I was responding to. It wasn't you. Interesting that you blocked me for a year, you've only been a member for a year. Go back to blocking me I guess. Whatever floats your boat.
Closed Thread

Tags
gun, permits, law, ccw, nightmare

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.