NORAD Air Force award goes to…a Coastie!

Closed Thread
Old 09-17-2020, 09:12 AM
Smile NORAD Air Force award goes to…a Coastie!

When the Continental U.S. North American Air Force Aerospace Control Alert Maintainer of the Year for 2020 was announced, there was some shock. The prestigious Air Force award went to … a Coastie!!??!!

The Continental Division of the North American Aerospace Defense Command is comprised of the United States Air Force, Air National Guard, Army National Guard, Canadian Air Force and to the surprise of many – the Coast Guard.

The National Capital Region Air Defense Facility of the Coast Guard is housed under the command of NORAD in Washington, D.C and is their only permanent air defense unit. Operating simultaneously as both a military branch and law enforcement within the Department of Homeland Security allows the elite Coast Guard unit the ability to respond to potential threats on a moment's notice. One of their most vital missions is protecting the restricted air space around the White House. When a threat to the capital is detected, Coasties are the first on deck to respond.

Read the article here: Prestigious NORAD Air Force award goes to… a coastie - Americas Military Entertainment Brand

Wishing to be friends is quick work, but friendship is a slow ripening fruit. Aristotle
Old 09-17-2020, 09:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

I have a lot of respect for the Coast Guard. My dad and all my uncles proudly served in the Coast Guard in WWII...(I went Army)

lots of hero's in today's CG...saving lives in all kinds of weather and combating the bad guys in the open sea
Old 09-17-2020, 10:17 AM
John41

Well deserved award.
Old 09-17-2020, 10:57 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,445 Times in 580 Posts

Reading the print article it takes 1 Coast Guard unit while The Air Force requires 8 units. The Coast Guard is always underfunded while The Air Force might be OVERFUNDED.
Closed Thread

Tags
air, force, guard, coast, national

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.