One small potentially giant step for mankind...

Closed Thread
Old 07-14-2022, 11:19 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,722 Times in 665 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandoMan View Post
It’s very hopeful indeed, but it’s a very tiny study. What was it? Twenty people? Fifty? It’s a long way from being approved or recommended. Considering how many people have refused a vaccine used effectively on hundreds of millions of people . . .
Absolutely tiny. Less than 20. BUT. It is the first time ever that any test resulted in 100% success at any level. Of course it will be at least a year or two before it has wide application, and at the moment it is only one type of colorectal cancer, but it is as I said in the title a small step that could lead to a GIANT leap for mankind.

Most of the time articles are about some magical thing that will change all our lives, and reading the article you find it is still just a pipe dream with little or no successful application. This is not that. This is very good news. Every major break through starts with a single step.
Old 07-15-2022, 03:59 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,204 Times in 465 Posts

Coronavirus has not been cured.
Old 07-15-2022, 05:33 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrymini View Post
Coronavirus has not been cured.
Well, in that case, let's fire all the scientist and accept the fact that we are all doomed.

Sigh, we have been working on cancer, a much harder problem for decades, we have been working on COVID for 2 years, and have vaccinations that work - despite what Tucker and Hannity tell you.
Old 07-15-2022, 05:55 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petersweeney View Post
Omg - another insurance company bot.
Omg - Another one line post. I worked in the biotech and pharmaceutical industries for over 40 years. I observed the dedication of numerous scientists in developing many of the treatments that have kept so many of us alive years longer than many of our ancestors. One of my sons is a biotech scientist working outside of Boston for a small biotech company that is working on a novel approach to harnessing the body’s immune system to attack cancer cells. We talk often about the industry and all the new therapies on the horizon. The people who do this work are very energetic and enthusiastic. Hopefully we will continue to see progress in combating the many diseases that affect us all.
Old 07-15-2022, 09:14 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happydaz View Post
Omg - Another one line post. I worked in the biotech and pharmaceutical industries for over 40 years. I observed the dedication of numerous scientists in developing many of the treatments that have kept so many of us alive years longer than many of our ancestors. One of my sons is a biotech scientist working outside of Boston for a small biotech company that is working on a novel approach to harnessing the body’s immune system to attack cancer cells. We talk often about the industry and all the new therapies on the horizon. The people who do this work are very energetic and enthusiastic. Hopefully we will continue to see progress in combating the many diseases that affect us all.
Who are you going to believe, yourself and your son, or Hannity and Tucker? Let's get real, I bet you are being paid to come here and say that - sigh. Sorry, I could not resist the sarcasm, I agree with you. I think the owners of big Pharma and others are less than honorable in many cases, but the people, the scientists and technicians, I too have worked with and they are dedicated honest hard working people.
Old 07-15-2022, 10:07 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinSE View Post
Well, in that case, let's fire all the scientist and accept the fact that we are all doomed.

Sigh, we have been working on cancer, a much harder problem for decades, we have been working on COVID for 2 years, and have vaccinations that work - despite what Tucker and Hannity tell you.
More misinformation...

They have been working on Corona viruses for decades. Covid is simply another of a list of that type of virus.

One of the reasons we had a vaccine developed so quickly was that they were able to "plug in" the spike proteins into an "already in development" vaccine.

And one more thing... Is "Tucker and Hannity" your new "go to" to try to be dismissive of other's opinions?

-Tom Petty
Old 07-15-2022, 10:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinSE View Post
Who are you going to believe, yourself and your son, or Hannity and Tucker? Let's get real, I bet you are being paid to come here and say that - sigh. Sorry, I could not resist the sarcasm, I agree with you. I think the owners of big Pharma and others are less than honorable in many cases, but the people, the scientists and technicians, I too have worked with and they are dedicated honest hard working people.
More "Hannity and Tucker"...

Dude, you need a new catch phrase...

-Tom Petty
Old 07-16-2022, 05:25 AM

Omicron is just a jumble for Moronic. Stay scared my friends.
Closed Thread

Tags
colorectal, cancer, 100%, cured, small

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.