Reactions of people who are requested to wear a mask

Closed Thread
Old 09-15-2020, 09:39 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,092 Times in 550 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leadbone1 View Post
There’s nothing wrong with wearing a mask in a store if you choose. There’s also nothing wrong with not wearing one if you choose and don’t believe in them. So many people are missing the point. This is the United States of America. We don’t just fall in line every time somebody says to do this or do that regardless of whether it makes any sense or not.
Are you okay with no shoes no shirt no service, or do you go into restaurants without your shoes and shirt? What about seatbelts, do you use them? What about speed limits, they aren't for you? There is something wrong with not wearing one, we are all in this together as a society, and you are endangering others when you don't wear one. I bet you got participation trophies.
Old 09-15-2020, 09:48 AM
Default Everyone should be concerned

You cannot avoid the fact that this "attitude: is being lead by a person who said" I do not need to be nice now"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
In Ohio Dr. Amy Acton, the state’s director of health, resigned after she and her family were threatened by people showing up at her house, waving flags and carrying assault weapons and signs saying, “No violence — yet.”

Dr. Acton had dared to encourage mask-wearing — but gave up after being terrorized by pseudo-patriots.

Another woman doctor was recently appointed to take Dr. Acton’s place. She withdrew before she even started the job — cited “personal reasons” — a.k.a. threats.

I am in total shock that people I know can support this kind of America.

Do they even know these things are happening? If so, how can they support it — by what they say — or with sinister, tacit approval? (shudder)
Old 09-15-2020, 09:53 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Well, this is what I had heard regarding a state of emergency in a state.. That said, I totally agree with you. We are Americans in the Constitution provides us our civil liberties. Nothing can override that.
But why do we call on the Constitution only when it is convenient or helps our point of view?
Old 09-15-2020, 10:33 AM

Nothing.
Old 09-15-2020, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardarlowe View Post
I've found that as long as I wear the mask under my chin that everyone is satisfied. I can lift it up if a cough or sneeze comes along. Just common sense.
a mask under your chin does nothing for any airborne contagents. The masks are there to protect you from breathing in possible infection and also to keep you from exposing others to any possible infection. Keeping it under your chin is like thumbing your nose to the world.
Old 09-15-2020, 10:49 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikey Osmond View Post
Good points, OrangeBlossomBaby! In most of the videos of people being resistant to wearing masks I've seen the individual looked to be at least middle aged. Not to mention participation trophies have been around since World War I so you can't even put that on Millennials and Gen Zers. Entitlement knows no generation.
The people I have seen seem to be around 18-25 years old.
Old 09-15-2020, 11:24 AM

That’s the point. You “have to wear a mask”— it doesn’t say where.
Old 09-15-2020, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenoc7 View Post
The measures taken in the US are certainly not draconian and in fact for the most part have been weak, undermined, and unenforced. If you think the measures her are draconian check out Australia where there have been relatively few cases and very few deaths. I wonder why?
.. Pretty simple really the US isn't that much larger a land mass but have 330 MILLION residents compared to Australia's 24 million.. What if we had New York's population spread out over the entire country, it would be impossible NOT to social distance..
Old 09-15-2020, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick B View Post
Why are the orange worshipers such crybabies?
You just insulted 1/2 your friends and family.. Why would a person do that.. So Sad!!
Old 09-15-2020, 12:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,217 Times in 1,953 Posts

Quote:
Curious your use of words. Americans have become wack jobs because they refuse to obey a ridiculous mandate that these retail businesses have no power to demand! Only a governor while implementing a state of emergency can mandate the mandatory wearing of masks. Our governor has not done that. What is frustrating is the paranoid sheep that are doing everything they are told walking around looking ridiculous even when driving in cars by themselves or golf carts by themselves. You cannot hide from a virus. Many epidemiologist have determined that these masks are useless. Looking forward to the day this ridiculous paranoia ends.
There is a very simple solution for what you personally believe in........do not enter any establishment which has a sign posted that masks are required. You can take yourself and your rights elsewhere.

These people who act out are a bunch of snowflakes. I prefer not to have to interact with them.
Old 09-15-2020, 12:55 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mardarlowe View Post
I've found that as long as I wear the mask under my chin that everyone is satisfied. I can lift it up if a cough or sneeze comes along. Just common sense.
NO!!!!! Everyone is NOT satisfied with your mask below your nose or sitting on your chin. That serves no purpose at all. Don't even bother if that is what you feel will suffice in a public setting indoors. The science behind masking is very obvious. Couple masking with social distancing and we have a fighting chance against this virus.
Old 09-15-2020, 12:59 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneclickplus View Post
No, even a governor does NOT have that power under the Constitution of the United States. A "state of emergency" does not trump the US Constitution.

A portion of the 14th amendment to the US Constitution:
No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law;

Once you accept masks and other BS, will you hand over your guns when they declare another "state of emergency".

What are the limits of a state of emergency? Answer: the US Constitution.
Was the US Constitution penned with a global pandemic in mind that is killing hundreds of thousands of people?

Last edited by coffeebean; 09-15-2020 at 01:23 PM.
Old 09-15-2020, 01:02 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRM0614 View Post
By the same token those with breathing issues should not be judged
Those with breathing issues should stay clear of public indoor spaces.
Old 09-15-2020, 01:08 PM
Sage

Quote:
There’s nothing wrong with wearing a mask in a store if you choose. There’s also nothing wrong with not wearing one if you choose and don’t believe in them. So many people are missing the point. This is the United States of America. We don’t just fall in line every time somebody says to do this or do that regardless of whether it makes any sense or not.
It has been proven that covering the nose and mouth with a fabric mask as simple as T- Shirt material, minimizes the transmission of airborne viruses. I'm not about to post all the links that substantiate my point. Go to YouTube and see for yourself. While you are at it, Google will also give you many links to articles that substantiate that masking helps reduce the transmission of this virus.

Believe what you prefer, but the science behind masking still stands as the standard of care to slow the spread of this virus. Couple universal masking with social distancing and your chances of catching the virus goes down even further.

Last edited by coffeebean; 09-15-2020 at 01:24 PM.
Old 09-15-2020, 01:12 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by riamd1954 View Post
I’m totally sick of masks and believe it is necessary currently but we’ll see after keep????
Huh? Want to try that again?

Tags
mask, wearing, feel, employees, deal

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.