Rittenhouse Trial

Closed Thread
Old 11-11-2021, 11:37 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,776 Times in 3,644 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
I'm sure that is true. However, so far no one has suggested, or announced, or proclaimed that this kid has been diagnosed with any such thing, or claimed that he's incapable of shedding tears..

I can see it, before the kid takes the stand.............the attorneys say, in case he tries to cry with tears, he can not, jus in case.

Not all people's tear ducts work the same.
Not all crying has apparent liquid coming from eyes.
Not all liquid from eyes is crying.

If someone is sobbing and distraught, I think it's very ignorant and dickish to say it's 'fake' because there are no visible tear drops.

As usual, Wikipedia has more detail and references in tears.
posted by SaltySalticid at 3:27 PM on August 26, 2016 [12 favorites]

That guy is full of it. I have been socialized that men don't cry and it is damned difficult to even shed a tear when I am overcome with emotion, even to the point where I'm totally incapable of anything but voiceless sobbing.

People naturally respond to emotions differently and people are conditioned to respond to emotions in different ways.
posted by Zalzidrax at 3:29 PM on August 26, 2016 [16 favorites]

Between physical, endocrinological, medical, fight-or-flight, and social conditions, there's just no guarantee of tears. Also no guarantee that you'll even get reddening around the nose/lips/eyes.
Old 11-11-2021, 11:50 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 557 Posts

Unfortunately, the smarmy, white supremacist little thug (and his mother) are going to get away with it. He went there for ONE reason and one reason only. He wanted to be a hero and shoot someone. He got his wish and will get away with it, due a lot to an inept prosecution and a sympathetic judge. The fact that his mother (who I can't understand why she isn't being charged) willingly drove him to a location where trouble was likely, while illegally armed, says a lot about the entitlement environment he was raised in. What kind of parent even does that?
Old 11-11-2021, 12:02 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,319 Times in 501 Posts

Quote:
I'm sure that is true. However, so far no one has suggested, or announced, or proclaimed that this kid has been diagnosed with any such thing, or claimed that he's incapable of shedding tears.

And he has plenty of talent in "expression emotions." That blubber-fest would have been convincing, had there been tears.

He admitted to lying about his claim that he was an EMT. So we know he's fully capable of lying, and understands what lying means, and that he knows the difference between "misstating" something and flat out lying about something on purpose.

His mother drove him, while he was a minor child, over state lines with a semi-automatic weapon, for the express purpose of attending what he believed would be a riot (since, why else WOULD he bring a semi-automatic weapon with him over state lines)?

He knew he was going to a violent situation. He brought with him the means to kill people. He killed not someone, but two people. He maimed another. He has bragged about his affiliations with white supremacists and the Proud Boys on his own personal social media accounts, and the public has seen the publicized videos and photos of him exactly where he bragged that he was.

Whether he intended to kill the two VICTIMS, he killed them. They're dead, he's the one who pulled the trigger. They are victims of gun violence, whether it's murder or otherwise. He's not being charged with murder, he's being charged with homicide. He absolutely committed homicide.

Glad he had a weapon to defend himself. "Homicide" by itself is NOT a charge. Manslaughter, as in voluntary or involuntary can be a charge or maybe even an "intentional homicide" or something similar, but homicide itself is just a classification that the person did not die of natural causes. Personally, I believe in CCW and think that anyone brandishing a weapon in a threatening manor toward another individual should expect that someone might just take it seriously and defend themselves. If I was attempting to assist my fellow neighbor and someone started beating me with or without a weapon, I might feel compelled to defend myself expeditiously. So far, I have not seen any testimony that indicated that he was hunting for someone to shoot, rather than someone to assist. But, I have not seen all the testimony. But, from what I have seen from the videos, even those that the prosecutor has shown, my original thought was that he was justified in responding with deadly force. But, that is my "professional" opinion.
Old 11-11-2021, 12:07 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvbound View Post
Unfortunately, the smarmy, white supremacist little thug (and his mother) are going to get away with it. He went there for ONE reason and one reason only. He wanted to be a hero and shoot someone. He got his wish and will get away with it, due a lot to an inept prosecution and a sympathetic judge. The fact that his mother (who I can't understand why she isn't being charged) willingly drove him to a location where trouble was likely, while illegally armed, says a lot about the entitlement environment he was raised in. What kind of parent even does that?

Your opinion, you might add. Was he a "white supremacist?" What group does he represent? Or, are you judging him? Did he not have a first aid kit with him? Was he intending to choke someone with an ace bandage?
Old 11-11-2021, 12:35 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
One needs to be careful where one obtains information. CBS News Deletes Post Declaring Rittenhouse a Murderer Before Verdict

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 11-11-2021, 01:10 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
I'm sure that is true. However, so far no one has suggested, or announced, or proclaimed that this kid has been diagnosed with any such thing, or claimed that he's incapable of shedding tears.

And he has plenty of talent in "expression emotions." That blubber-fest would have been convincing, had there been tears.

He admitted to lying about his claim that he was an EMT. So we know he's fully capable of lying, and understands what lying means, and that he knows the difference between "misstating" something and flat out lying about something on purpose.

His mother drove him, while he was a minor child, over state lines with a semi-automatic weapon, for the express purpose of attending what he believed would be a riot (since, why else WOULD he bring a semi-automatic weapon with him over state lines)?

He knew he was going to a violent situation. He brought with him the means to kill people. He killed not someone, but two people. He maimed another. He has bragged about his affiliations with white supremacists and the Proud Boys on his own personal social media accounts, and the public has seen the publicized videos and photos of him exactly where he bragged that he was.

Whether he intended to kill the two VICTIMS, he killed them. They're dead, he's the one who pulled the trigger. They are victims of gun violence, whether it's murder or otherwise. He's not being charged with murder, he's being charged with homicide. He absolutely committed homicide.
Quote:
Ok, so where in the testimony does it come up that his mother transported him to Kenosha and where does it show that the firearm in question was transported across state lines?

Contrary to these claims, here is Rittenhouse's testimony as presented by CNN:

You will need to scroll down since there no markers on the web page to link to specific parts of the testimony, but I have inserted the noted times and the relevant testimony

1) [12:35:09] Note: There is commentary just prior to the trial resuming, it is just after the trial resumes that the following was recorded.

BINGER: You had spent the night at Dominic Black's house, is that right?

RITTENHOUSE: Yes.

BINGER: And you indicated that you had worked at the RecPlex the night before is that right?

RITTENHOUSE: The 24th, correct.

BINGER: OK. And you worked until about 7:00 p.m.

RITTENHOUSE: I couldn't give you exact time. But I'd say I got off from between 6:00 and 7:00. I don't recall. It's been a while.

BINGER: And then you drove your car over to Dominic's house.

BINGER: OK. So the rest of the time it seems like you're being driven around in Mr. Black's car. Is that fair to say?

2) [12:50:03]

BINGER: So when the gun was left at Dominic Black's house it had that ammunition with it?

RITTENHOUSE: Yes, the ammo was in a box or a magazine, I don't really know.

BINGER: When you were at Dominic Black's house on August 25th, you found your that AR-15 downstairs in his basement, correct?

RITTENHOUSE: No.

BINGER: Where did you find it at?

RITTENHOUSE: It was downstairs in the basement. But I was told by Dominic Black, hey, go downstairs, grab that rifle -- grab your rifle.

BINGER: So you knew up until that point that that rifle was being stored in a gun safe in the garage, correct?

RITTENHOUSE: Correct.

3) [11:55:02]

RICHARDS: And did you go and turn yourself into the Kenosha Police Department?

RITTENHOUSE: I did not.

RICHARDS: Why not?

RITTENHOUSE: The Kenosha Police Department was barricaded off with a fence, and I don't think they were accepting anybody to come to the police department at that time.

RICHARDS: What did you do then?

RITTENHOUSE: I went to the nearest police department that I knew of, which was Antioch Police Department in Illinois by my house.

RICHARDS: Who took you there?

RITTENHOUSE: My mother.

RICHARDS: Okay. How did you get to Antioch from Downtown Kenosha?

RITTENHOUSE: Dominic Black drove me.

RICHARDS: And then Dominic Black drives you where?

RITTENHOUSE: He drives me to my house in Antioch, Illinois, where I meet with my mother and sisters and I sort of tell them what happened. I was still in shock. My head was still spinning and then we go to the Antioch Police Department, where I turned myself in.

RICHARDS: Who drove you to the Antioch Police Department?

Old 11-11-2021, 01:34 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trayderjoe View Post
Ok, so where in the testimony does it come up that his mother transported him to Kenosha and where does it show that the firearm in question was transported across state lines?

Contrary to these claims, here is Rittenhouse's testimony as presented by CNN:

You will need to scroll down since there no markers on the web page to link to specific parts of the testimony, but I have inserted the noted times and the relevant testimony

1) [12:35:09] Note: There is commentary just prior to the trial resuming, it is just after the trial resumes that the following was recorded.

BINGER: You had spent the night at Dominic Black's house, is that right?

BINGER: And you indicated that you had worked at the RecPlex the night before is that right?

RITTENHOUSE: The 24th, correct.

BINGER: OK. And you worked until about 7:00 p.m.

RITTENHOUSE: I couldn't give you exact time. But I'd say I got off from between 6:00 and 7:00. I don't recall. It's been a while.

BINGER: And then you drove your car over to Dominic's house.

BINGER: OK. So the rest of the time it seems like you're being driven around in Mr. Black's car. Is that fair to say?

2) [12:50:03]

BINGER: So when the gun was left at Dominic Black's house it had that ammunition with it?

RITTENHOUSE: Yes, the ammo was in a box or a magazine, I don't really know.

BINGER: When you were at Dominic Black's house on August 25th, you found your that AR-15 downstairs in his basement, correct?

RITTENHOUSE: No.

BINGER: Where did you find it at?

RITTENHOUSE: It was downstairs in the basement. But I was told by Dominic Black, hey, go downstairs, grab that rifle -- grab your rifle.

BINGER: So you knew up until that point that that rifle was being stored in a gun safe in the garage, correct?

RITTENHOUSE: Correct.

3) [11:55:02]

RICHARDS: And did you go and turn yourself into the Kenosha Police Department?

RITTENHOUSE: I did not.

RICHARDS: Why not?

RITTENHOUSE: The Kenosha Police Department was barricaded off with a fence, and I don't think they were accepting anybody to come to the police department at that time.

RICHARDS: What did you do then?

RITTENHOUSE: I went to the nearest police department that I knew of, which was Antioch Police Department in Illinois by my house.

RICHARDS: Who took you there?

RICHARDS: Okay. How did you get to Antioch from Downtown Kenosha?

RITTENHOUSE: Dominic Black drove me.

RICHARDS: And then Dominic Black drives you where?

RITTENHOUSE: He drives me to my house in Antioch, Illinois, where I meet with my mother and sisters and I sort of tell them what happened. I was still in shock. My head was still spinning and then we go to the Antioch Police Department, where I turned myself in.

RICHARDS: Who drove you to the Antioch Police Department?

I guess when posters get their "information" from the MSM, they should probably make sure it's fact and not just some commentator's opinion. Such as the young man being a "white supremacist." Not sure where that came from. Not sure if that is fact or someone's opinion but no matter what your belief or slant is, if someone is chasing you to kill you and you are running away, what you believe is irrelevant to your own survival. You use what you have handy to protect yourself. And if someone is pointing a gun at you, you don't wait until he shoots you before responding.

The trial is not over yet, but from what I have seen of the prosecution, that young man should be acquitted.
And regarding the matter of a minor in possession of a firearm, if they are going to try him as an adult then they should drop that charge also.
Old 11-11-2021, 01:46 PM
Sage

Quote:
The prosecutor is the smarmy one. The judge may have to declare a mistrial with prejudice as a result of his outrageous antics. The prosecutor should be disbarred IMHO for denying Kyle his 5th amendment rights and instructing his witness to change his story (lie).

Furthermore Kyle is NOT a "white supremacist". Wherever did you hear or read that libel/slander? His mother did not drive him to the riot with or with out a gun. The gun is legal, not illegal. Kyle is not a thug. He was attacked by thugs and he shot them in self defense. So much misinformation...

BTW, the judge is fair!

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine

Last edited by manaboutown; 11-11-2021 at 01:59 PM.
Old 11-11-2021, 02:16 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

Personally, I wish that Celebrities et al would KEEP THEIR MOUTHS SHUT - or at least ask the MEDIA to not widely publish their OPINIONS. Who the hexx cares what know-it-alls like Lebron thinks????

news>

Los Angeles Lakers star LeBron James mocked alleged Kenosha shooter Kyle Rittenhouse over a video showing the 18-year-old crying in court while testifying in his murder trial.

"What tears?????" the 17-time All-Star tweeted Wednesday evening after the conclusion of Rittenhouse’s testimony in his unfolding murder trial, where the teen broke down on the stand recounting the August 2020 shooting he was involved in that left two people dead and one injured.

"I didn’t see one. Man knock it off! That boy ate some lemon heads before walking into court," James added.

...and imagine IF a white guy said "boy" about an African American?
Old 11-11-2021, 02:21 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanFL View Post
Personally, I wish that Celebrities et al would KEEP THEIR MOUTHS SHUT - or at least ask the MEDIA to not widely publish their OPINIONS. Who the hexx cares what know-it-alls like Lebron thinks????

news>

Los Angeles Lakers star LeBron James mocked alleged Kenosha shooter Kyle Rittenhouse over a video showing the 18-year-old crying in court while testifying in his murder trial.

"What tears?????" the 17-time All-Star tweeted Wednesday evening after the conclusion of Rittenhouse’s testimony in his unfolding murder trial, where the teen broke down on the stand recounting the August 2020 shooting he was involved in that left two people dead and one injured.

"I didn’t see one. Man knock it off! That boy ate some lemon heads before walking into court," James added.

He would be deemed a "white supremacist" for sure.
Old 11-11-2021, 02:22 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDLNB View Post
I guess when posters get their "information" from the MSM, they should probably make sure it's fact and not just some commentator's opinion. Such as the young man being a "white supremacist." Not sure where that came from. Not sure if that is fact or someone's opinion but no matter what your belief or slant is, if someone is chasing you to kill you and you are running away, what you believe is irrelevant to your own survival. You use what you have handy to protect yourself. And if someone is pointing a gun at you, you don't wait until he shoots you before responding.

The trial is not over yet, but from what I have seen of the prosecution, that young man should be acquitted.
And regarding the matter of a minor in possession of a firearm, if they are going to try him as an adult then they should drop that charge also.
I agree. You would think that after the proven deliberate misrepresentations by MSM, I referenced the Sandman episode earlier as an example, that it would give pause to those "carrying the water" of MSM, but why let facts stand in the way of their "truth"?

I am also curious as to the lack of indignation and condemnation of the prosecutor's star witness, who testified that Rittenhouse did not shoot him until he pointed his gun at Rittenhouse. Let's ask some of the same questions, and a few others, of this "white supremist thug" (the descriptor used by those who point fingers at Rittenhouse) :

1) Why were you there and violating the curfew?
2) Weren't you looking to shoot someone since you brought a gun to a riot?
3) Where did you get the gun?
4) Did you carry a pistol so that it would be easier to hide it after you shot someone?
5) Do you like shooting people?

So given that he admitted to pointing a deadly weapon first, why are some of the MSM "water carriers" still insisting that Rittenhouse has ANY guilt when it comes to shooting that "thug"?

I too will wait for the conclusion of the trial as there may be facts still not in evidence which will need to be evaluated.

Last edited by Trayderjoe; 11-11-2021 at 02:30 PM.
Old 11-11-2021, 02:36 PM
Veteran member

Quote:

news>

I am ok with someone posting their opinion if they don't make it a statement of fact, which some are prone to do, even on this board. I don't give any weight to James' opinions as I neither read or care about them.
Old 11-11-2021, 02:49 PM
Sage

Quote:

news>

LeBron James In Pain Screaming OH **** With Cramp - Game 4 - NBA FINALS 2012 - YouTube

Old 11-11-2021, 03:35 PM
Sage

Witness: Rittenhouse Tried to 'De-escalate' Riot, Not Cause Violence

Old 11-11-2021, 03:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
It also works better when there are actual tears shed, and not just a Scott Baio Acting 101 Class demonstration.
Such compassion...

-Tom Petty
Closed Thread

Tags
popcorn, rittenhouse, entertaining, ready, yesterday

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.