Originally Posted by Byte1 View Post
NOT GUILTY ON ALL COUNTS!!
๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
Old 11-20-2021, 05:48 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,245 Times in 450 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John41 View Post
I agree with not guilty on all counts. Prosecutor needs to be sanctioned for violating defendants rights and pointing a gun at the jury. Watched a lot of the testimony rather than getting media bias. Great day for 2a.
It is sad that two men lost their lives that day but I am relieved that he was found not guilty.
I pray for his future, he has a tall mountain to climb.
Old 11-20-2021, 05:56 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,863 Times in 786 Posts

Quote:
โ€œThe prosecution struggled to refute Mr. Rittenhouseโ€™s central argument: that he had feared for his life when he was chased by Mr. Rosenbaum, a man who had been captured on video throughout the evening shouting threats and racial epithets and โ€” according to Mr. Rittenhouse and a witness called by the prosecution โ€” had promised to kill Mr. Rittenhouse if he found him alone. Mr. Rosenbaum had been released that day from a hospital where he had received psychiatric care and was treated for bipolar disorder and depression, testimony showed.โ€
โ€œWhen Mr. Huber gave chase and swung a skateboard at the head of Mr. Rittenhouse, who had fallen down, Mr. Rittenhouse shot Mr. Huber in the chest. Mr. Grosskreutz continued to approach, he said in his testimony, first with his gun pointed in the air, then in the direction of Mr. Rittenhouse. โ€œI was never trying to kill the defendant,โ€ he said. โ€œIn that moment, I was trying to preserve my own life.โ€โ€
Quotes from the Saturday New York Times. Sure sounds like self-defense to me. Correct verdict, even though he was a fool to be there at all, much less carrying a gun.

I wonder what the lawyerโ€™s fees will be. A million? It may take the kid the rest of his life to pay it. Maybe his parents will have to sell the farm.
Old 11-20-2021, 05:57 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,245 Times in 450 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnevie View Post
Unfortunately, that "good guy" will have to live with the fact he killed two people and seriously injured another because he wanted to play hero. it was a bad situation for a teenager to put himself in, and even if it was self-defense, people died and were injured because he went there.

that being said, I think most people accept the jury's verdict because we are a nation of laws supposedly.
True, I feel awful for him. He is in PTSD counseling to help him move forward. This young man has a heavy load to carry, I glad he knows this and has been getting help.
I could not image the daily pain he suffers.
Old 11-20-2021, 06:48 AM
Veteran member

MSNBC & CNN should also be โ€œsanctionedโ€ for their coverage of the trial. Even after the verdict they only interviewed people who disagreed with the verdict and agreed with them that he was guilty. MSNBC was actually kicked out of the courtroom because of the actions of one of their producers. Both channels are not real NEWS channels, just liberal opinion channels.
Old 11-20-2021, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Not sure I understand the BLM protests to this trial. They can't wait to kill each other in major cities and there were no blacks killed or shot in this case?
Old 11-20-2021, 07:27 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,522 Times in 628 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanFL View Post
Justice was done. IMO, the vast majority of those truly observing and getting all the evidence and testimony would have made the same decision - as did the JURY of his peers IN THE COURTROOM.

Many Media sources apparently DID NOT cover the proceedings in a neutral fashion, and some biased coverage did not truthfully include much of the Defense. So, I can see how some, watching only those sources, may feel the verdict is wrong.

Let's see what prevails in Kenosha and across the country tonight and the next few days. IF behavior is anything but peaceful...SHAME!
If there were a thousand Kyles standing around with AR-15โ€™s Iโ€™m betting any protest would be peaceful
Old 11-20-2021, 07:42 AM
Default Assuming

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevillages2013 View Post
If there were a thousand Kyles standing around with AR-15โ€™s Iโ€™m betting any protest would be peaceful
You would be assuming that only one side had AR-15โ€™s. That wouldnโ€™t be reality. Both sides always have access to guns, and thus the reason things can go sideways fast in argumentative situations. Vigilantism rarely harbors peace, but usually antagonizes the situation because uneducated (in law enforcement) hotheads seem to fuel/escalate situations, instead of de escalate situations (which usually takes training).
Old 11-20-2021, 07:44 AM

SADLY, Now the protest and violence will begin.
Old 11-20-2021, 07:55 AM
Send a message via ICQ to Nannyof3 Send a message via AIM to Nannyof3 Send a message via Yahoo to Nannyof3 Send a message via Skype™ to Nannyof3
Default Hopefully everyone will accept......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
Hopefully everyone will accept the verdict and peace will prevail.
It's been over a year for another "verdict" and everyone has not accepted, nor has peace prevailed.
Old 11-20-2021, 08:01 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandoMan View Post
โ€œThe prosecution struggled to refute Mr. Rittenhouseโ€™s central argument: that he had feared for his life when he was chased by Mr. Rosenbaum, a man who had been captured on video throughout the evening shouting threats and racial epithets and โ€” according to Mr. Rittenhouse and a witness called by the prosecution โ€” had promised to kill Mr. Rittenhouse if he found him alone. Mr. Rosenbaum had been released that day from a hospital where he had received psychiatric care and was treated for bipolar disorder and depression, testimony showed.โ€
โ€œWhen Mr. Huber gave chase and swung a skateboard at the head of Mr. Rittenhouse, who had fallen down, Mr. Rittenhouse shot Mr. Huber in the chest. Mr. Grosskreutz continued to approach, he said in his testimony, first with his gun pointed in the air, then in the direction of Mr. Rittenhouse. โ€œI was never trying to kill the defendant,โ€ he said. โ€œIn that moment, I was trying to preserve my own life.โ€โ€
Quotes from the Saturday New York Times. Sure sounds like self-defense to me. Correct verdict, even though he was a fool to be there at all, much less carrying a gun.

I wonder what the lawyerโ€™s fees will be. A million? It may take the kid the rest of his life to pay it. Maybe his parents will have to sell the farm.
Nope. Rittenhouse had been given over $2 million dollars in donations from people sympathetic to him. Whatever is left in that account after his attorneys are paid, plus more (I am assuming) if needed, would go to pay for representation if the Federal government has any intention of pursuing a case against him. Although prevailing wisdom said that that won't happen.

I would be surprised if it did. Aside from the fact that any case on the part of the feds would be super-flimsy, Rittenhouse would undoubtedly be represented by the best legal minds in the country. I doubt that the federal government would pursue anything if they knew they'd end up looking foolish.
Old 11-20-2021, 08:02 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Agree. Too many cities turn into a Seattle.
You can add: Portland, San Francisco, LA, NYC, Atlanta and many others
Old 11-20-2021, 08:11 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneiric View Post
Not sure I understand the BLM protests to this trial. They can't wait to kill each other in major cities and there were no blacks killed or shot in this case?
Iโ€™ve been wondering the same thing.
Old 11-20-2021, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by byte1 View Post
not guilty on all counts!!
he murdered two people. He should get the death penalty.
Old 11-20-2021, 08:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,276 Times in 4,296 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MandoMan View Post

There were several legal funds set up to which people donated. I believe his head lawyer said one of the funds raised over $500K...

-Tom Petty
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.