Sacremento Gun Buy Back Plan

Closed Thread
Old 05-28-2022, 06:09 AM

Lets try something new. Defund the c i a's black ops mind control program and big pharma psychotropic drugs..Maybe just maybe we will not have the tragic events that occur.
Old 05-28-2022, 06:09 AM

After 9-11 they didn’t ban airplanes they secured the cockpits!

When the #@$%§ eject GOD from everything and insert Worldly ways into everything, this is what “We” get”! Evil in everything🧐
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.
John Stuart Mill
Old 05-28-2022, 06:17 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,522 Times in 628 Posts

So they used taxpayer money to buy gift cards to exchange for guns. For $50 the recipients got approximately 7 gallons of gas. Tell me the world isn’t upside down now
Old 05-28-2022, 06:25 AM
Veteran member

Here we go again ....... The media is using phrases and words to put the sheeple in their place. GUN BUY-BACK PROGRAM ?.....Will someone tell me how in the hell someone can "buy back" something that they never owned in the first place? It gives the sheeple the belief that those firearms were "given" or sold to the public by the "authorities".
Probably a lot of those firearms were stolen or didn't belong to the person who turned them in, and were possibly used in a crime. There were no questions asked.
Anyway, the people who collected those firearms all had a goodly array of firearms to choose from. I'm sure that they weren't destroyed, just given to the cops to keep.

But a gun "buy-back"? How about calling it something else? Maybe a "gun buy-out"?

Last edited by Joe C.; 05-28-2022 at 06:27 AM. Reason: 'spellin
Old 05-28-2022, 06:30 AM

I guarantee it’s not other…
Old 05-28-2022, 06:31 AM

Cars are dangerous instrumentalities. We register our cars. We pass a driving test to drive this inherently dangerous thing.

We should demand that each and every gun in America be registered. We should demand that each and every gun owner pass a mental fitness test and a rigorous test as to a gun's usage.

Unlike cars, however, we should demand that any person wishing to own more than one gun, PROVE their need!

And, in my plan, anyone not registering all their guns and taking the required tests would be guilty of a criminal act subject to jail time.

Of course, law abiding citizens would want to comply and seek compliance. But, criminals and gun nuts (aka criminals) would forego compliance. Give the coppers another chance to lock these folks up.

Perhaps we might ultimately realize that gun ownership is counterproductive in our society. Then, only criminals and gun nuts will own guns.

Almost all other civilized countries in the world have gotten their arms around gun violence. Shootings in Western Europe, Japan, Australia, and New Zealand have annual shootings of people in the the low two digit range while we have over 30,000. Some like Australia historically had a gun heritage similar to our own (think Wild West). But, when they experienced a nut case going off the rails and shooting up a bunch of people, they got together and realized they could not keep going on this way. Mass ownership of guns in Australia is a thing of the past. New Zealand recently did the same thing. It is not unusual in the UK for instance to be in Southeastern England to have the BBC report a shooting (not a killing) that occured in Scotland, such is the uniqueness of gun violence there. Here, we don't even hear of a killing by a gun being reported in the next neighborhood over.

The time has come for all people, gun owners and non gun owners to demand action.

Ultimately, we should just ban guns...totally....except for cops and military.

For those who argue, guns don't kill people, people kill people, I would argue its a lot easier to ban guns than people. If people want to kill others, let them do it the old fashion way, with fists and stones. We would have a lot fewer mass killings!
Old 05-28-2022, 06:34 AM

If a city truly wants to remove guns in a way that is meaningful to reduce crime they should do stop and frisk every night in crime-ridden neighborhoods. Also, regular no-knock warrants of known ex-con residences. If they don't do things like that then they are NOT serious about the problem.
Old 05-28-2022, 06:37 AM
Default Gun buy back

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
In the process of downsizing, recently sold the motorcycle and snowmobile and going to sell one of the ATV’s and several firearms, only going keep the 9mm Sig, the Marlin lever action 22, the Savage Arms bolt action 30-06, and Thompson Center Fire muzzleloader. That being said, I would be crazy to trade in any of my firearms, which are worth significant $$$, for a $50 gas card. And the world won’t be any safer when I downsize since the firearms are always locked in a safe unless being used for hunting or target practice. But I will be happier, since I’ll get much more use out of the new Yamaha Quiet Tech that I buy with the sale proceeds : (
I understand that you are a safe, responsible gun owner but why on earth do you need three guns?
Old 05-28-2022, 06:39 AM
Default Guns

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougjb View Post
Cars are dangerous instrumentalities. We register our cars. We pass a driving test to drive this inherently dangerous thing.

We should demand that each and every gun in America be registered. We should demand that each and every gun owner pass a mental fitness test and a rigorous test as to a gun's usage.

Unlike cars, however, we should demand that any person wishing to own more than one gun, PROVE their need!

And, in my plan, anyone not registering all their guns and taking the required tests would be guilty of a criminal act subject to jail time.

Of course, law abiding citizens would want to comply and seek compliance. But, criminals and gun nuts (aka criminals) would forego compliance. Give the coppers another chance to lock these folks up.

Perhaps we might ultimately realize that gun ownership is counterproductive in our society. Then, only criminals and gun nuts will own guns.

Almost all other civilized countries in the world have gotten their arms around gun violence. Shootings in Western Europe, Japan, Australia, and New Zealand have annual shootings of people in the the low two digit range while we have over 30,000. Some like Australia historically had a gun heritage similar to our own (think Wild West). But, when they experienced a nut case going off the rails and shooting up a bunch of people, they got together and realized they could not keep going on this way. Mass ownership of guns in Australia is a thing of the past. New Zealand recently did the same thing. It is not unusual in the UK for instance to be in Southeastern England to have the BBC report a shooting (not a killing) that occured in Scotland, such is the uniqueness of gun violence there. Here, we don't even hear of a killing by a gun being reported in the next neighborhood over.

The time has come for all people, gun owners and non gun owners to demand action.

Ultimately, we should just ban guns...totally....except for cops and military.

For those who argue, guns don't kill people, people kill people, I would argue its a lot easier to ban guns than people. If people want to kill others, let them do it the old fashion way, with fists and stones. We would have a lot fewer mass killings!
What a wonderful statement; shout it all from the rooftops.
Old 05-28-2022, 06:58 AM
Default Why Not Video Games

Maybe they should try this with violence based video games. They do nothing but degrade the value of life in many young minds.

It's more than a gun problem.
Old 05-28-2022, 07:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,018 Times in 1,012 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
An elected officials, chest puffing, do nothing/accomplish nothing action!
this happens every election year, lol
Old 05-28-2022, 07:30 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,194 Times in 761 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinSE View Post
Is there a point to this, cause if there is I missed it...
The point you missed is that criminals will not turn in their guns . These gun buy backs are just a feel good thing for the honest citizens.
Old 05-28-2022, 07:34 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,682 Times in 1,534 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinSE View Post
#SAD

It would appear that anything anyone does that someone doesn't agree with is just "chest puffing". To me it was a symbolic act. Obviously no one thinks taking 134 guns off the street in a country with 400 million is circulation is going to make any difference.

It was a symbol. Kind of like wearing school colors, flying the flag, marrying an arm ornament, and on and on. We are a country built on symbols.
There was a similar buyback some years back, in St. Paul I believe (maybe an adjacent city). I think they offered a bit more for the gun. But the point is that the huge majority of the guns bought back were "guns" in name only. Unshootable junk, in most instances

It is doubtful that the guns-for-gas thing removed ANY guns from the street. Not at $50.00 a throw. A shootable gun should bring in $200 at least and its not hard to sell a gun these days.

This action comes under the heading of virtue signaling.
Old 05-28-2022, 07:46 AM

It doesn’t matter if law abiding citizens are the only ones returning guns because if you look at the people who have done these you will see they bought the guns legally!
Old 05-28-2022, 07:48 AM
Veteran member
Default Let's try to find a solution

Maybe the NRA and the Government should sit down a come to a compromise.
Right now, the way things are is not working.
The NRA has to stop acting like the second amendment gives us the freedom to own whatever armament we desire. We already have guardrails on what type of weapons someone can own. And people believing we're going to live in a gun free America need some professional help.
Closed Thread

Tags
gas, guns, cards, lol, day

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.