Sept 22, 200,000 Dead from Covid 19 in the US

Closed Thread
Old 09-23-2020, 05:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelfmi View Post
Because of his actions of sending POSITIVE hospital covid sick people into assisted living facilities to assisted nursing homes when He did not make sure they had PPE and their staff was not quitting. As you know He did not use the facilities that the president gave him which would of save her life and 10,000 other seniors. This not political put is a fact which has to be told.
Telling you that they were not forced is not adequate.

My sympathies and I understand your pain and anger.

It has been told many times in many ways, rest assured.
Old 09-23-2020, 05:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanTheGolfPro View Post
Follow the money. If someone dies with heart disease, diabetes, stroke, etc. and they also have the China Virus, hospitals report the cause of death as the China Virus. Why? Because they get reimbursed more. Not so in other countries. FOLLOW THE MONEY!!!
This is probably the answer to the original poster's question. I have not believed the numbers that are being reported for several months. They could be less, they could be more. Who know? Certainly not me.
Old 09-23-2020, 05:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,167 Times in 1,928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Checkers1 View Post
You are so right Brian, if every death reported as Covid19 that really wasn't Covid19 was deleted from the statistics it would probably be a number close to half of what has been reported. Shameful, misleading and greedy on the part of health care officials.
Just had a thought.......Since this pandemic has gripped this nation.......Have the deaths from all other causes been tracked? Are there zero deaths from auto accidents, zero deaths from heart attacks, zero deaths from renal failure, zero deaths from strokes, etc, etc, etc. You get the idea.
Old 09-23-2020, 06:25 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Just had a thought.......Since this pandemic has gripped this nation.......Have the deaths from all other causes been tracked? Are there zero deaths from auto accidents, zero deaths from heart attacks, zero deaths from renal failure, zero deaths from strokes, etc, etc, etc. You get the idea.
Excess deaths are tracked.

Here is wwwDOTcdcDOTgov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/covid19/excess_deaths

There was quite a hump in the spring, a bit of a hump in July and now it's dropping down to nothing.

Every area has to go through their initial phase and then it's done in that area. It gets all the weak hosts and then it's done. This is not to say there aren't people it missed, but it seems to weed out the weakest and run out of hosts.

People talking about a spiking in cases but there are hundreds of thousands of tests taking place each day and the specificity and sensitivity of the PCR test is not that great.
Even with 1% false positive, that's 2000 false positives per day. If there are 2000 actual positives, that means that 50% of the "cases" aren't real.

Before you attack the number, you need to go look at the specificity and sensitivity of the PCR test yourself. Understand what it means. This is not to say the disease isn't real or that it's not bad. I know two folks who died due to catching it. It's just that if we had the same kind of testing in April as we have today, this recent increase in cases would be bouncing along the baseline rather than a spike.
Old 09-23-2020, 06:32 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeebean View Post
Just a guess. Cause of death is not quite as simple as posters make it out.

I believe that those responsible have a handle on things as much as possible. As I understand it, there are 3 categories.....Direct deaths for which Covid 19 is the cause....Direct but-uncounted in which Covid19 was responsible but wasn't officially noted and Indirect deaths where the death happened because of other changes caused by the pandemic.

It may take a year before all this gets finalized and the number may go up or down.

Certainly, I nor any poster has a clue. Scientists know how to track this information and will.
Old 09-23-2020, 06:32 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malsua View Post

There was quite a hump in the spring, a bit of a hump in July and now it's dropping down to nothing.

Every area has to go through their initial phase and then it's done in that area. It gets all the weak hosts and then it's done. This is not to say there aren't people it missed, but it seems to weed out the weakest and run out of hosts.

People talking about a spiking in cases but there are hundreds of thousands of tests taking place each day and the specificity and sensitivity of the PCR test is not that great.
Even with 1% false positive, that's 2000 false positives per day. If there are 2000 actual positives, that means that 50% of the "cases" aren't real.

Before you attack the number, you need to go look at the specificity and sensitivity of the PCR test yourself. Understand what it means. This is not to say the disease isn't real or that it's not bad. I know two folks who died due to catching it. It's just that if we had the same kind of testing in April as we have today, this recent increase in cases would be bouncing along the baseline rather than a spike.
Thanks for the info
Old 09-23-2020, 06:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malsua View Post

Agree. And I'm willing to bet that both the false positive and false negative rates are significantly north of 1%, therefore markedly reducing the sensitivity and specificity of these tests
Old 09-23-2020, 07:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,019 Times in 1,745 Posts

It’s amazing to me that some people are trying to explain the deaths away. Does it make them feel better about Covid, like an ostrich if I don’t see it, it isn’t there?

Personally, I don’t pay attention to positivity rates and this and that where the reference data depends on the definitions. I watch trends. If the tests were not so sensitive last week, they are also not so sensitive this week etc. The trends catch the direction we are going. When I see the curve going up, no one’s going to convince me that it is in fact going down.
Old 09-23-2020, 07:21 PM

Death rate is a clearer depiction. Not actual numbers. Think.
Closed Thread

Tags
world, covid, population, pandemic, country

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.