Is this a sign of the times?

Closed Thread
Old 10-24-2020, 03:57 PM
Default Is this a sign of the times?

My son is a member of our state's National Guard and has been given notice that he and all the members need to be ready on a 4 hour notice to deal with anticipated civil unrest during and following the upcoming election. I can't imagine the example we are displaying to the rest of the world who used to look at our democracy as a system of guidance. I expect most, if not all, of the states are taking similar precautions. Sad !!!
Old 10-24-2020, 04:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,094 Times in 1,336 Posts

Very sad. Should anyone be surprised since it (civil unrest) has obviously been the "plan" for a few months ?
Betty White (1922-2021) R.I.P.
Old 10-25-2020, 05:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarinet View Post
My son is a member of our state's National Guard and has been given notice that he and all the members need to be ready on a 4 hour notice to deal with anticipated civil unrest during and following the upcoming election. I can't imagine the example we are displaying to the rest of the world who used to look at our democracy as a system of guidance. I expect most, if not all, of the states are taking similar precautions. Sad !!!
Gerrymandering, voter suppression and refusal to accept results are pretty much disqualifying as a bright shining example of democracy.

Last edited by Dahabs; 10-25-2020 at 05:27 AM.
Old 10-25-2020, 05:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

All the great dynasties and empires since history began, have all been destroyed from within.
Unfortunately ignoring or denying history is still a default mode!
Old 10-25-2020, 06:23 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Durning an major event, one can be given a 4 hour notice. Years back it was for the thanksgiving parade. Then for the Stanley Cup parade. Guess government was worried about an uprising then too.
Old 10-25-2020, 07:20 AM
Location: Newburgh NY, Berwick PA, Grand Forks ND, Tampa Fl, Wenatchee Wash, TN, OK, TX, NC, OH, FL

Ask Maxine
Old 10-25-2020, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarinet View Post
Just out of curiosity, what state is your son in? I wonder if this advisory was sent to the National Guard in all states or just to a few select states where possible trouble was anticipated. Regardless, I sure hope it is not needed. Could 2020 get even worse?????
Old 10-25-2020, 10:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
This is what our country is coming to? If the one side wins there will be more destruction in our country. If the other side wins they won't destruct our country. Threats if one side doesn't get it's way.

So sad.
You are right. Only one side is making threats..

"Voters in Alaska and Florida reported receiving emails on Tuesday that threatened "vote for Trump or else!" — messages that have prompted investigations in both states.

"You are currently registered as a Democrat and we know this because we have gained access into the entire voting infrastructure," said one of the emails obtained by Alaska Public Media. "You will vote for Trump on Election Day or we will come after you. Change your party affiliation to Republican to let us know you received our message and will comply."

Emails Warning 'Vote For Trump Or Else!' Sent To Voters In Florida And Alaska : NPR

Is there a real safety threat to NC voters? | WLOS
Old 10-25-2020, 10:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts

This is probably just a necessary precaution. And stupidity does not have a political party.
Old 10-25-2020, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucco View Post
You are right. Only one side is making threats..

"Voters in Alaska and Florida reported receiving emails on Tuesday that threatened "vote for Trump or else!" — messages that have prompted investigations in both states.

"You are currently registered as a Democrat and we know this because we have gained access into the entire voting infrastructure," said one of the emails obtained by Alaska Public Media. "You will vote for Trump on Election Day or we will come after you. Change your party affiliation to Republican to let us know you received our message and will comply."
Wondering if that Crooked Women has anything to do with this, she'll do anything!
Old 10-25-2020, 11:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,319 Times in 2,056 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrprez View Post
No, but they need someone to tell them where to go and what to burn down.
False. The riots in Minneapolis were by people with very little burning down the businesses that served them. Stupid. And you will find other such stupid actions done by people with other interests.
Old 10-25-2020, 11:42 AM
Sage

"..... officials have pointed the finger at left-wing anarchists and anti-fascists during protests against police brutality and racism over the summer, but federal court records provide little evidence showing those arrested for violent acts had affiliations to far-left groups.

Last week, the top two DHS officials acknowledged in congressional hearings, however, that white supremacists have posed the most lethal domestic threat to the United States in recent years."

U.S. intelligence reports warn of extremist threat around election | Reuters
Old 10-25-2020, 11:42 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taltarzac725 View Post
False. The riots in Minneapolis were by people with very little burning down the businesses that served them. Stupid. And you will find other such stupid actions done by people with other interests.
I disagree. There is a controlling factor here that is driving all this dissent. Outside agitators were the lightning rods here.
Old 10-25-2020, 12:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,513 Times in 3,106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Going My Way View Post
Sorry you were in a coma or watching the wrong News channel but yes our cities are burning...
1. That isn't something that "is" happening (present tense). It's something that happened (past tense) back in May. Minnesota is not burning.
2. The fire at Arby's was not set as a protest against a political party. It was a protest against the killing of George Floyd by four white police officers. Whether you agree with the killing or not, that's just the fact. That is why that fire was set. To protest a black guy being killed by four white cops.
3. The fire wasn't set by any particular political party.
4. This thread is about (surprise surprise) politics. Not about racism, the perception of racism, or lack thereof.
Old 10-25-2020, 12:36 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrprez View Post
I disagree. There is a controlling factor here that is driving all this dissent. Outside agitators were the lightning rods here.
Can you supply the name of the "lightning rod" and more importantly since you make such a general accusation, links or some validation for your claim.

Thanks
Closed Thread

Tags
states, notice, taking, precautions, imagine

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.