Stalin is probably rolling in his grave about Putin's mess.

Closed Thread
Old 03-15-2022, 10:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

Russia may be able to level the Ukrainian landscape by force, and replace the leaders with puppets, but Russia will never conquer the hearts of the people of Ukraine that have tasted freedom...

Someone down at City Fire said that Putin was intent on reestablishing the buffer between Russia and the NATO countries that he had with the pro-Russian government that had been in place in the Ukraine...the one that the West helped put the skids under
...I wasn't able to hear the rest of his story, our table was ready and we left the bar area
Old 03-16-2022, 09:16 AM
Gold member

I thought Stalin is in a glass case in Red Square? Or was that Walt Disney?
Old 03-16-2022, 09:19 AM
Gold member

You'd be surprised what the USA has in weapons that nobody knows about. Remember the stealth program 40 years ago?
Old 03-16-2022, 09:27 AM
Gold member

I guess Putin doesn't know anything about how the wind works and radiation?
Old 03-16-2022, 10:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,052 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lottoguy View Post
Nobody would win an all out nuclear war.
Old 03-16-2022, 10:32 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,722 Times in 665 Posts

Quote:
Putin is a sociopath and part of that is narcissism. As such, he can't concieve that anyone can stand up to him, or beat him. He seriously believes he can do anything he wants.

If you have been following the news reports, it seems he has been very angry with some of his generals because things are not going how he thought they should. Being a narcissist it can't be his mistake, so he has to blame others.

This relates to the MAD issue. He can't conceive that he could be destroyed. So, it is not a deterrent to him. Our best hope is either a special forces team sent in to assassinate him, or some of his own people take him out.

It is a very precarious situation for everyone.
Old 03-16-2022, 11:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 8,279 Times in 4,297 Posts

Quote:
I thought Stalin is in a glass case in Red Square? Or was that Walt Disney?
Walt's on ice, under the Magic Kingdom...

-Tom Petty
Old 03-17-2022, 01:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishon View Post
An old Battalion Commander once told me that you should pound the enemy with long range ordinance unmercifully before committing troops.
It seems that the Russians are following a slow methodical advance, saving the troops for the occupation.
Putin has 7,000 dead and about 14,000 injured. A lot of Russian tank crews have left their tanks sit there and given up or just walked away. I'll be curious how things go when the US Switchblade drones are used. I think that it is about 50/50 that the Ukraine wins the war outright. And about 50/50 that Putin gets overthrown. Most Dictators do not last more than 20 years. Germany's army will be stronger than the Russian army in about 2 years.
Old 03-17-2022, 07:28 PM
Default Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinSE View Post
I guess we will find out how crazy Putin really is. He is threatening to target weapons systems bing brought into Ukraine. If he does that while they are still in Poland, then we have an attack on a NATO ally and will have to respond. If we have to respond, I hope we respond with overwhelming force and not get into a tit-for-tat match.
Biden is a mannequin shell. No Brainer that he is weak
Old 03-21-2022, 03:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davem4616 View Post
Russia may be able to level the Ukrainian landscape by force, and replace the leaders with puppets, but Russia will never conquer the hearts of the people of Ukraine that have tasted freedom...

Someone down at City Fire said that Putin was intent on reestablishing the buffer between Russia and the NATO countries that he had with the pro-Russian government that had been in place in the Ukraine...the one that the West helped put the skids under
...I wasn't able to hear the rest of his story, our table was ready and we left the bar area
The real reason that Putin invaded Ukraine was that he saw them having a better life by becoming Western - while the lives of ordinary Russians were stuck in a bad place and going nowhere. Eventually, with social media, the Russians would want what the Ukrainians have and begin to blame Putin and his Oligarchs. Then Putin could lose his position or even his life. So, that fear was driving him. And this was a good time because Europe was weak and not united - and America was divided. But, America surprised him by exhibiting togetherness and strong leadership. Now it is going to be difficult for Putin to call back his massive slow-moving Military. Putin almost must go forward - no matter how much it costs him in economic terms and soldiers' lives lost. He will either break the Ukraine or Russia. He may (?) get so desperate as to use tactical nuclear missiles, possibly at Mariupol.
Old 03-21-2022, 03:52 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRACEALLEMAN View Post
Biden is a mannequin shell. No Brainer that he is weak
Wow, you know people have been given timeout for less political statements. I don't recall saying ANYTHING ab out Biden, but you just could not resist the opportunity to spew your political beliefs. #sad.
Old 03-21-2022, 03:54 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
The real reason that Putin invaded Ukraine was that he saw them having a better life by becoming Western - while the lives of ordinary Russians were stuck in a bad place and going nowhere. Eventually, with social media, the Russians would want what the Ukrainians have and begin to blame Putin and his Oligarchs. Then Putin could lose his position or even his life. So, that fear was driving him. And this was a good time because Europe was weak and not united - and America was divided. But, America surprised him by exhibiting togetherness and strong leadership. Now it is going to be difficult for Putin to call back his massive slow-moving Military. Putin almost must go forward - no matter how much it costs him in economic terms and soldiers' lives lost. He will either break the Ukraine or Russia. He may (?) get so desperate as to use tactical nuclear missiles, possibly at Mariupol.
I agree with you, but I think you left out the why, that being that Ukraine is a Democracy and Putin could not risk Russians seeing a next door Democracy resulting in a better life than his dictatorship.
Old 03-21-2022, 05:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,052 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
I agree with you, but I think you left out the why, that being that Ukraine is a Democracy and Putin could not risk Russians seeing a next door Democracy resulting in a better life than his dictatorship.
You should add Russia very much wants a buffer between itself and Germany/Ukraine
Old 03-21-2022, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Sorry, you are completely wrong on that post. I am not sure where you get that, but we both have the ability to completely destroy each other.
And no one wins.
“When you realize that to produce, you must obtain the permission from those who do not produce anything; When it is proven that the money flows to those who trade not with goods, but with favors; When you realize that many get rich by bribery and influence rather than by work. When you realize that corruption is rewarded and honesty becomes self-sacrifice; Then you can say, without fear of making mistakes, your society is doomed.”

Ayn Rand
Atlas Shrugged,1957.
Old 03-21-2022, 10:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,320 Times in 2,057 Posts

How Putin Bungled His Invasion of Ukraine

I do hope this is Putin's Waterloo moment so to speak.
Closed Thread

Tags
stalin, bet, putin, fits, vladimir

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.