Third Stimulus Check Is a Scam For Some

Closed Thread
Old 03-23-2021, 02:01 PM
Default Third Stimulus Check Is a Scam For Some

President Biden signed the American Rescue Plan Act on March 11. Provisions in the bill authorize another round of $1,400 stimulus checks for each eligible person ($2,800 for couples).

There are 1000's of couples living in The Villages with a paid-off house, no debt, tons of money in the bank, free paid medical insurance and as long as their gross adjusted yearly income is under $150,000, the couple will receive $2,800 in free US tax dollars. This is on top of the two prior stimulus checks they have received in the past six months.

I honestly believe those folks who need the money should be helped, but this stimulus money was not meant for people who didn't need it and for those people living in The Villages that meet this criteria and don't need the stimulus money are just scamming the rest of us.
Old 03-23-2021, 02:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

There are two purposes for stimulus checks. One is to help those that need help. The second purpose and the reason that it's called a stimulus is that the hope is that those that don't need the money will splurge on something thereby giving businesses an added boost.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 03-23-2021, 02:23 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 2,008 Times in 440 Posts

*yawn* you're preaching to the choir pal. Our take come is < $40k and we're doing just grand without the handout/payoff.
Old 03-23-2021, 02:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG111 View Post
President Biden signed the American Rescue Plan Act on March 11. Provisions in the bill authorize another round of $1,400 stimulus checks for each eligible person ($2,800 for couples).

There are 1000's of couples living in The Villages with a paid-off house, no debt, tons of money in the bank, free paid medical insurance and as long as their gross adjusted yearly income is under $150,000, the couple will receive $2,800 in free US tax dollars. This is on top of the two prior stimulus checks they have received in the past six months.

I honestly believe those folks who need the money should be helped, but this stimulus money was not meant for people who didn't need it and for those people living in The Villages that meet this criteria and don't need the stimulus money are just scamming the rest of us.

Go back and read your first sentence again...... it's not Villagers that are scamming us!
Old 03-23-2021, 02:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts

Its strange how we get our panties in a wade when giving stimulus to those helping to bump the economy, but when we need to give tax breaks to the wealthy, no problem. Hmmmm!
Old 03-23-2021, 02:33 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,142 Times in 301 Posts

Quote:

You are free to return yours.
Old 03-23-2021, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe V. View Post
You are free to return yours.
I don't qualify and if I did, I'd be ashamed to receive this ill-gotten freebie unless I truly needed it. Many people receiving this stimulus, especially "some" living in The Villages, don't need this money and this freebie will only increase inflation for the rest of us.
Old 03-23-2021, 02:57 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,142 Times in 301 Posts

Quote:
I don't qualify and if I did, I'd be ashamed to receive this ill-gotten freebie unless I truly needed it. Many people receiving this stimulus, especially "some" living in The Villages, don't need this money and this freebie will only increase inflation for the rest of us.
Good for you. Pat yourself on the back! I am sure you double pay income tax too, out of your concern. I, for one, believe my taxes paid are way too much. The federal government is out of control. Anything the people can claw back from them is a good thing.
Old 03-23-2021, 02:58 PM
Veteran member
Default So true

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
There are two purposes for stimulus checks. One is to help those that need help. The second purpose and the reason that it's called a stimulus is that the hope is that those that don't need the money will splurge on something thereby giving businesses an added boost.
Our stimulus money will put to work a company that installs vinyl floors, a furniture store, and another company to install a new air conditioner. I call that a win-win.
Old 03-23-2021, 03:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebartle View Post
Its strange how we get our panties in a wade when giving stimulus to those helping to bump the economy, but when we need to give tax breaks to the wealthy, no problem. Hmmmm!
That always makes me want to bite. I have noticed a good many people who live in The Villages were very poor to begin with and many worked two jobs, or 16 hour days and were on call every vacation in their life. Maybe they aren't WEALTHY but some have enough to be envied, and that is what happens, they are envied. It didn't just fall on them or get willed to them. I wonder what those folks who envy the financially comfortable say to their kids, hmmm. Do your homework, don't miss school, work toward your goal. Don't waste your money, get ahead, be a success, but for God's sake don't come home and tell me you are the CEO of a huge company.........
Old 03-23-2021, 03:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,048 Times in 5,337 Posts

The part that bothers me is the govt just keeps borrowing to spend money they do not have and has no intention of ever paying it back.

At some point it will be time to pay the piper.
Old 03-23-2021, 03:15 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

$1.9 Trillion divided by 330 milllion = $5,700 for each american.
ALL Americans, including children - EVERYONE.

That's how much EACH of us, even those NOT getting the $1400 will owe to pay for Bill.
We much consider that much, if not all, of these $1.9 TRILLION be be DEBT. Owed by EVERY taxpayer. And of course THAT does not include the interest $$ to be paid over the decades upon decades.

Pile THAT onto the current Federal debt of $28 TRILLION ($85,000 for EVERY single American.

Am I worried for ME? Not really. Am I worried for our Kids, Grandkids, Great+++Grandkids? Yep. Pile on the debt Washington (BOTH parties). It's only money.

And as The USA will no doubt get weaker financially - China, well you know the story.
Old 03-23-2021, 03:27 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
The part that bothers me is the govt just keeps borrowing to spend money they do not have and has no intention of ever paying it back.

At some point it will be time to pay the piper.
"Yes, debt has to be repaid when it comes due. But maturing debt can be replaced with newly issued debt. Rolling over the debt in this manner means that it need never be “paid back.” Indeed, it may even grow over time in line with the scale of the economy’s operations as measured by population or GDP."
Source:
Does the National Debt Matter?| St. Louis Fed
Old 03-23-2021, 03:43 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,980 Times in 713 Posts

Anyone receiving money meets the guidelines the government set up it is no ones concern other than that. I have not received any payments but my kids have and I am very thankful for that.
Old 03-23-2021, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanFL View Post
$1.9 Trillion divided by 330 milllion = $5,700 for each american.
ALL Americans, including children - EVERYONE.

That's how much EACH of us, even those NOT getting the $1400 will owe to pay for Bill.
We much consider that much, if not all, of these $1.9 TRILLION be be DEBT. Owed by EVERY taxpayer. And of course THAT does not include the interest $$ to be paid over the decades upon decades.

Y todos ustedes, gringos, pueden chuparme los huevos mientras los hispanos se apoderan de este país.

Pile THAT onto the current Federal debt of $28 TRILLION ($85,000 for EVERY single American.

Am I worried for ME? Not really. Am I worried for our Kids, Grandkids, Great+++Grandkids? Yep. Pile on the debt Washington (BOTH parties). It's only money.

And as The USA will no doubt get weaker financially - China, well you know the story.
Agree with you 99%. We are different in that no generation will ever repay these loans. The debt rating for the US will be equal to that of Venezuela and remember my words, in a few years you will see run-a-way inflation and this country's primary language will be Spanish and the Chinese will be our landlords.
Closed Thread

Tags
stimulus, money, living, $2, 800, scam

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.