Third Stimulus Check Is a Scam For Some

Closed Thread
Old 03-24-2021, 01:27 PM

If it comes out of my Taxes then well deserved. Government is Ruining Our Country and many don’t care or not smart enough to see the waste in the Bill.
Old 03-24-2021, 01:29 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe V. View Post
Good for you. Pat yourself on the back! I am sure you double pay income tax too, out of your concern. I, for one, believe my taxes paid are way too much. The federal government is out of control. Anything the people can claw back from them is a good thing.
The federal government is NOT "out of control". It did what it is supposed to do in this case. The federal government is DESIGNED to protect and help its citizens, especially in a crisis. Could any of us by ourselves have built our interstate road system? Or any of the BIG scientific and medical miracles of modern America. Hating on Government is like a dog biting the hand that feeds him!
Old 03-24-2021, 01:34 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
The part that bothers me is the govt just keeps borrowing to spend money they do not have and has no intention of ever paying it back.

At some point it will be time to pay the piper.
Wrong - and especially when we are in a low-interest environment. Telling people to now worry about the "boogeyman of national debt" is just a scare tactic. Now is the PERFECT time to borrow!
Old 03-24-2021, 01:36 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben Franklin View Post
"Yes, debt has to be repaid when it comes due. But maturing debt can be replaced with newly issued debt. Rolling over the debt in this manner means that it need never be “paid back.” Indeed, it may even grow over time in line with the scale of the economy’s operations as measured by population or GDP."
Source:
Does the National Debt Matter?| St. Louis Fed
Correct!
Old 03-24-2021, 01:40 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimjamuser View Post
Wrong - and especially when we are in a low-interest environment. Telling people to now worry about the "boogeyman of national debt" is just a scare tactic. Now is the PERFECT time to borrow!
huh???? That's like telling your wife (if you have one) "Hey Honey - since auto loans are only 4.5% I'm going to the Rolls Royce dealer and get that new one I'm dreaming of. I know that this will be our fifth new car costing over $200K each. Don't worry about the Millions we owe on other things. When we go, our kids will take care of our debts. OK? And since mortgages are so low too, let's get that mansion you had your eyes on. INTEREST RATES ARE SO LOW! NOW is the PERFECT TIME TO BORROW!!!

Say what????
Old 03-24-2021, 01:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,048 Times in 5,337 Posts

Quote:
The problem is it is very likely we will be getting some inflation and that will drive interest rates way up and compound the problem.

Govt spending is often very wasteful and there are too many things in this law that will not help us get back to where we all want to be.

Paying people more than they can make in the job they had before is not going to be putting people back to work.
Old 03-24-2021, 01:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryl Barrios View Post
I am on a fixed income that includes a small pension and $156 from SS each month. Because of that, I get nothing from the government for stimulus. Could I use the money to stimulate the economy? Yes, just as much if not more than the next guy. Does it make me angry that I don't get it because I have a pension check even though it is small and SS? Yes. I have worked my entire life - and worked hard. Just because of this I get nothing. I don't like handouts but so many are getting them that don't need them that I'd like to get my fair share. I would appreciate lower taxes or no income taxes just as much.
I'm confused again. The income cutoff for a single tax payer is $75,000. You state you get no stimulus because you have a small pension and $156 from SS each month.
You do know $75,000 is $6250 a month or over $1400 a week.The Florida Poverty Level for 2020 was $12,760 for 1 and $26,200 for a family of 4 (approx. 1/3 of your income). I feel like I'm missing something here. I believe you..... again I just don't understand. $156 a month times 12 is less than $2000. How does one have a pension over $73,000 and get such a small SS check? I guess it's possible.
Old 03-24-2021, 01:47 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
OK, but your "small pension" must total $73,128/ year since you only get $1872/year in SS and stimulus checks were given out this time to those with income under $75,000. Then please define "fair share". Do you believe you paid your "fair share" of taxes all your life?
Sorry didn't see your post in time..... too busy scratching my head.
Old 03-24-2021, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
The real scam is the $350 billion in the package that is going to bail out irresponsible state and local governments like Chicago, California and Connecticut because of many years of poor fiscal management. There financial problems existed long before Covid and now they are getting bailed out on the backs of responsible tax payers. Very sad. As far as the $2,800 stimulus my wife and I recently received, we will be needing at least that to cover the ever increasing price of gas and oil since the new administration has taken over.
Well stated. It's a travesty.

My dad had a saying. "You make your bed, and you lie in it." Meaning, decisions were made this past November that will be dealt with for generations to come. You decide what that means for better or for worse.

Thankfully, I won't be around much longer to see the adverse repercussions.

The folks making these poorly thought out decisions are not directly impacted by them. They are living off the backs of tax paying Americans.
Old 03-24-2021, 02:10 PM
Default Agree but some do need help

Quote:
Originally Posted by FG111 View Post
President Biden signed the American Rescue Plan Act on March 11. Provisions in the bill authorize another round of $1,400 stimulus checks for each eligible person ($2,800 for couples).

There are 1000's of couples living in The Villages with a paid-off house, no debt, tons of money in the bank, free paid medical insurance and as long as their gross adjusted yearly income is under $150,000, the couple will receive $2,800 in free US tax dollars. This is on top of the two prior stimulus checks they have received in the past six months.

I honestly believe those folks who need the money should be helped, but this stimulus money was not meant for people who didn't need it and for those people living in The Villages that meet this criteria and don't need the stimulus money are just scamming the rest of us.
Many should try living on $1000 per month, even though the house is paid for. Everything costs us just the same as the "rich folk" you talk about. Prices have tripled in 14 years. Workmen wont come out for less than $80-100 an hour. I admit I dont see how anyone living on more than 40K here need stimulus. It is greed. Perhaps you and I are old fashioned, or the exception to the rule of "Live within your means".
Old 03-24-2021, 02:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,167 Times in 439 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanman8285 View Post
That is not a fair assumption. what about the people that actually save the money did right by themselves to afford a house paid off cash and live on an income that they worked for that they pay taxes for what about the people that are collecting the stimulus money have not worked a day in their life and are driving $80,000 cars and not paying rent or mortgage?
That would be a stretch! Unless, of course, you have personal knowledge, maybe you gave birth to this individual.

Last edited by jebartle; 03-24-2021 at 02:26 PM.
Old 03-24-2021, 02:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,731 Times in 5,251 Posts

Quote:
If that is true, then why raise taxes? Just borrow all the money you want to spend and leave the tax rate where it is.
Old 03-24-2021, 02:30 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,142 Times in 301 Posts

Quote:
The federal government is NOT "out of control". It did what it is supposed to do in this case. The federal government is DESIGNED to protect and help its citizens, especially in a crisis. Could any of us by ourselves have built our interstate road system? Or any of the BIG scientific and medical miracles of modern America. Hating on Government is like a dog biting the hand that feeds him!
Says you. The entire COVID relief bill is the real scam. A pittance to Americans tens of millions to foreign governments. The Federal Government has grown out of control of the people since the 60s. I know, I can just here you say, well a stronger fed authority works in NZ.
Old 03-24-2021, 02:47 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 557 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
Can you give me some examples of these tax cuts for the rich?
I easily could, but I won't. I'm not going to be baited into a subject that is banned here and it only takes a very simple search, which most anyone can do, to find the examples.
Old 03-24-2021, 02:51 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,142 Times in 301 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvbound View Post
I easily could, but I won't. I'm not going to be baited into a subject that is banned here and it only takes a very simple search, which most anyone can do, to find the examples.

LOL. You replied to a post you agreed to in this thread with "A whole lot of people seem to be allergic to actual facts and prefer to just run with anything said, that supports their own uninformed opinion. It's much appreciated that you, and a few others, actually provide links to facts and the truth. "

Now you refuse to do what you complimented someone did. Hypocritical actions.

Run, run, run, run .... runaway.
Closed Thread

Tags
stimulus, money, living, $2, 800, scam

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.