Unemployment bonus

Closed Thread
Old 07-21-2020, 04:54 AM
Veteran member

Maybe in the Villages jobs go unfilled, but elsewhere in the country, people are not spending money at restaurants, movies, and things like that. If these places aren't getting the money in, that can't pay for employees. Meanwhile the employees have the same fixed expenses. I think that if the majority of employees had a choice, they would prefer to have a job a long term job.
Old 07-21-2020, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
There is talk of extending the $600. payment over the normal unemployment. I know this is hard times for workers, but in our area businesses can't find workers. They aren't willing to work while the govern pays them better not to work.
Don't spread that BS in Florida if your job becomes available you must go back. You can't choose to stay home. Also only a fraction of those that should have gotten it actually did. But at least a very successful financial business and others with political ties got a nice chunk.
Old 07-21-2020, 05:27 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,245 Times in 450 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
There is talk of extending the $600. payment over the normal unemployment. I know this is hard times for workers, but in our area businesses can't find workers. They aren't willing to work while the govern pays them better not to work.
They have to reply every two weeks showing they don’t have a job, working less hours or have applied for jobs
Old 07-21-2020, 06:06 AM

The system is broke and has been for some time. I heard from a relative that they were getting paid with federal PPP funds, Was called back to work, went on a planned vacation and had to self quarantine for 2 weeks, the quarantine time was paid fro PPP funds. The husband’s employer did not qualify for the PPP funds and he was able to collect unemployment.
You leave the state knowing you will have to self quarantine for 2 weeks, should the government pay you for extra time off?
Guess what, not only did they not quarantine, they planned another out of state vacation, they like being paid to unpack and relax after a vacation.
Old 07-21-2020, 06:09 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,558 Times in 597 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
The concept of being paid for being unemployed has gone from a once upon a time bridge of modest payment while one seeks another job.

Today's version is becoming a continuing source of income with bonus add ons that make being unemployed more beneficial than working. It has become an incentive to not return to work.

It makes absolutely no sense at all to be paying ANYBODY more than their job did......... to stay home.
I agree. Many people work minimum wage jobs and are barely scraping by but they have integrity and dont put their hand out for every freebie available. People should not be paid more than a minimum wage job and they shouldnt be compensated for having 6 kids either. No money? No job? Then NO kids that the taxpayers have to support. The system definitely needs fixing
Old 07-21-2020, 06:28 AM

Job supply is far below the demand nationwide. Anecdotal evidence in TV isn’t representative of the country as a whole.
Old 07-21-2020, 06:52 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,112 Times in 1,344 Posts

Getting ready to be paid again not to work again. The money printed will devalue every dollar.
Old 07-21-2020, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
The concept of being paid for being unemployed has gone from a once upon a time bridge of modest payment while one seeks another job.

Today's version is becoming a continuing source of income with bonus add ons that make being unemployed more beneficial than working. It has become an incentive to not return to work.

It makes absolutely no sense at all to be paying ANYBODY more than their job did......... to stay home.

Government, like any business, LOVES as many "clients/customers" as it can get. And, in the case of government, when the money is coming out of another's pocket = THE MORE THE MERRIER!

Fred
Old 07-21-2020, 08:37 AM
Default Florida Benefits - one of the lowest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debfrommaine View Post
And people getting the $600 get their state unemployment. One friend is bringing in $1400 a week. I can only dream of that in about a months pay sitting in the covid petri dish.
Unemployment benefits in Florida are $275/week, one of the lowest in the nation. They also last for up to 12 weeks, also one of the shortest. Not many can survive on $1000/month. There are always exceptions, but I would hope most are motivated to find a job (the health benefits are as valuable as the income in many cases which get overlooked when considering the extra short term $600 stimulus). I am currently unemployed and pay $800/month in premiums just for me.

Florida Unemployment Benefits | Reemployment Assistance

How Much Will My Florida Unemployment Benefits Pay?
The weekly payment amount you receive during unemployment will vary from person to person. The only way to be sure of your benefit amount is to submit a claim.

The state determines your weekly benefit payments based on your previous earnings during employment. In 2020, you can receive a maximum of $275 per week for 12 weeks. You are entitled to a maximum benefit amount of $3,300.

You will continue to receive Reemployment Assistance weekly for up to 12 weeks. When you secure a job, the payments will stop. However, working part-time or temporarily does not necessarily end the benefits.

Benefits Extensions
No benefit extension programs are available at this time. Once you receive 12 weeks of unemployment benefits or reach the maximum total benefit amount of $3,300, your Reemployment Assistance payments will end.
Old 07-21-2020, 08:50 AM

I guess the government should take
$600 away from social security and see how people who say it’s too much for the poor unemployed in this country , will sing the same tune .
Old 07-21-2020, 08:52 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,777 Times in 3,645 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine1974 View Post
$600 away from social security and see how people who say it’s too much for the poor unemployed in this country , will sing the same tune .

Old 07-21-2020, 08:58 AM

Old 07-21-2020, 09:08 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendy View Post
Unemployment benefits in Florida are $275/week, one of the lowest in the nation. They also last for up to 12 weeks, also one of the shortest. Not many can survive on $1000/month. There are always exceptions, but I would hope most are motivated to find a job (the health benefits are as valuable as the income in many cases which get overlooked when considering the extra short term $600 stimulus). I am currently unemployed and pay $800/month in premiums just for me.

Florida Unemployment Benefits | Reemployment Assistance

How Much Will My Florida Unemployment Benefits Pay?
The weekly payment amount you receive during unemployment will vary from person to person. The only way to be sure of your benefit amount is to submit a claim.

The state determines your weekly benefit payments based on your previous earnings during employment. In 2020, you can receive a maximum of $275 per week for 12 weeks. You are entitled to a maximum benefit amount of $3,300.

You will continue to receive Reemployment Assistance weekly for up to 12 weeks. When you secure a job, the payments will stop. However, working part-time or temporarily does not necessarily end the benefits.

Benefits Extensions
No benefit extension programs are available at this time. Once you receive 12 weeks of unemployment benefits or reach the maximum total benefit amount of $3,300, your Reemployment Assistance payments will end.
Understand. That $1400 a WK combines the 600 plus state unemployment, not here in Florida.
Old 07-21-2020, 09:13 AM
Email Reported As Spam
Default Unemployment benefits keep coming.

[QUOTE=Bay Kid;1806228]There is talk of extending the $600. payment over the normal unemployment. I know this is hard times for workers, but in our area businesses can't find workers. They aren't willing to work while the govern pays them better not to work.[/QUOTE
A friend was laid off for 4 weeks and although it took 3 months, she received her benefits. She told them she returned to work, but the checks keep coming; there is no way to stop them. She is putting them away until someone asks for the money to be returned. No wonder the state is running out of money!
Old 07-21-2020, 09:15 AM
Email Reported As Spam
Default Not true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eg_cruz@comcast.net View Post
They have to reply every two weeks showing they don’t have a job, working less hours or have applied for jobs
Checks keep coming.
Closed Thread

Tags
unemployment, work, workers, area, pays

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.