Update on shooting of Jacob Blake III

Closed Thread
Old 08-29-2020, 06:20 PM
Default Update on shooting of Jacob Blake III

So it has been 6 days since Jacob Blake III was shot in Kenosha and a lot of the” fog of war” has cleared on the “incident”. And a little update is in order.
We now know that that police were responding to a 911 call from that location from a woman who said Blake was at her home and he was not supposed to be there and that he had taken her property. Responding officers were also informed by the dispatcher that the subject (Blake) had a 99 on him, a wanted or outstanding warrant.
Additional video has emerged from the passenger side of his car showing him “scuffling” with 3 police officers. While the video is shaky a lawyer from the police union said Blake put one of the officers in a headlock and that 2 of the officers fired their tasers in unsuccessful attempts to subdue him.
Blake then broke free from the police and video taken from the driver’s side shows him walking rapidly around the front of the car with a knife in his left hand (he subsequently admitted to police that he possessed a knife). The individual taking the video told police and the press that he heard the officers repeatedly order Blake to “drop the knife”. Blake disregarded their commands and proceeded to open the driver’s car door. A police officer identified as PO Rusten Sheskey attempted to prevent Blake from entering or reaching into the car by pulling on his shirt. Having failed in that attempt Sheskey fired 7 rounds from his handgun, striking Blake 4 times. A knife was recovered from the floor of the car.
An early report that Blake was acting as a “peacemaker” in a dispute between 2 women now appears to be untrue but that has not prevented the media from continuing to promulgate it in an effort to shape the narrative.
The outstanding warrant stemmed from a May 3rd incident involving Blake’s ex-girlfriend with whom he has 3 of his 6 children where it is alleged that he entered her home at 6 am and sexually abused her in the presence of at least one of their children (if you want the specifics of what he is accused of doing I suggest you look at the NY Post archives). The other 3 children I speculate were the ones left in his car while he violated the order protection. You know the ones the media characterize as being traumatized from watching their father being shot.
So there you have it. Kenosha police responded to a domestic incident, involving an armed wanted man who refused to be arrested, physically attacked a least one officer, ignored several verbal commands, and after several unsuccessful non-lethal attempts to subdue him were finally forced to take him down with lethal force.
The officers went home that night to their families bruised but alive. As it should be. I pray sensible prosecutors find this was a good shoot and don’t succumb to the clamor of race hustlers like Crump and Jackson.
Old 08-29-2020, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by holger danske View Post
So it has been 6 days since Jacob Blake III was shot in Kenosha and a lot of the” fog of war” has cleared on the “incident”. And a little update is in order.
We now know that that police were responding to a 911 call from that location from a woman who said Blake was at her home and he was not supposed to be there and that he had taken her property. Responding officers were also informed by the dispatcher that the subject (Blake) had a 99 on him, a wanted or outstanding warrant.
Additional video has emerged from the passenger side of his car showing him “scuffling” with 3 police officers. While the video is shaky a lawyer from the police union said Blake put one of the officers in a headlock and that 2 of the officers fired their tasers in unsuccessful attempts to subdue him.
Blake then broke free from the police and video taken from the driver’s side shows him walking rapidly around the front of the car with a knife in his left hand (he subsequently admitted to police that he possessed a knife). The individual taking the video told police and the press that he heard the officers repeatedly order Blake to “drop the knife”. Blake disregarded their commands and proceeded to open the driver’s car door. A police officer identified as PO Rusten Sheskey attempted to prevent Blake from entering or reaching into the car by pulling on his shirt. Having failed in that attempt Sheskey fired 7 rounds from his handgun, striking Blake 4 times. A knife was recovered from the floor of the car.
An early report that Blake was acting as a “peacemaker” in a dispute between 2 women now appears to be untrue but that has not prevented the media from continuing to promulgate it in an effort to shape the narrative.
The outstanding warrant stemmed from a May 3rd incident involving Blake’s ex-girlfriend with whom he has 3 of his 6 children where it is alleged that he entered her home at 6 am and sexually abused her in the presence of at least one of their children (if you want the specifics of what he is accused of doing I suggest you look at the NY Post archives). The other 3 children I speculate were the ones left in his car while he violated the order protection. You know the ones the media characterize as being traumatized from watching their father being shot.
So there you have it. Kenosha police responded to a domestic incident, involving an armed wanted man who refused to be arrested, physically attacked a least one officer, ignored several verbal commands, and after several unsuccessful non-lethal attempts to subdue him were finally forced to take him down with lethal force.
The officers went home that night to their families bruised but alive. As it should be. I pray sensible prosecutors find this was a good shoot and don’t succumb to the clamor of race hustlers like Crump and Jackson.
There are at least 2 sides to every story. Hopefully the truth comes out soon.

Updates From Kenosha, Wisconsin Following Jacob Blake Shooting : NPR
Old 08-29-2020, 09:31 PM
John41

Thanks for the update. Looks like the police will be cleared of any wrongdoing as they should. I hope the suspended officers receive full pay. They have a tough job being second guessed by armchair quarterbacks.
Old 08-30-2020, 05:51 AM

They will be prosecuted in the court of public opinion. They may be exonerated but their personal lives will be affected for the rest of their lives. The media simply does not care, it doesn't fit their agenda.
Old 08-30-2020, 06:28 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,126 Times in 1,351 Posts

Another media, that hates America, false story. Another life long criminal being put forth as a hero by the media, that hates America. Another policeman being destroyed by the media, that hates America.

Such a shame.
Old 08-30-2020, 06:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,184 Times in 1,936 Posts

AND........given this information, the protesting, rioting, looting and destruction still goes on. What will it take for these protestors and thugs to realize their agenda has been shattered?

Another pillar of the community LEO had to deal with.
Old 08-30-2020, 07:06 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,378 Times in 501 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
Another media, that hates America, false story. Another life long criminal being put forth as a hero by the media, that hates America. Another policeman being destroyed by the media, that hates America.

Such a shame.
The media doesn't hate America they love money. They will say and do whatever it takes to get the highest ratings which makes them money. It's not news anymore it's drama.
Old 08-30-2020, 07:29 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,797 Times in 3,658 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by holger danske View Post
shows him walking rapidly around the front of the car with a knife in his left hand

A knife was recovered from the floor of the car.

Two blades??
Old 08-30-2020, 07:54 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,445 Times in 580 Posts

And you were there when this happened or just repeating OTHERS OPINIONS?
Since police didn’t have body cams yet we have only seen cell phone accounts. Even I think 7 automatic pistol shots in the BACK are excessive at point blank range.
But then again I wasn’t there.
Old 08-30-2020, 08:17 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,640 Times in 1,768 Posts

I found more. WALSH: Before You Honor Jacob Blake As A Martyr, Read The Criminal Complaint Against Him | The Daily Wire

The actual complaint: https://archive.is/YcYRU

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 08-30-2020, 08:23 AM
Veteran member

Right or wrong, this I don't understand. Why did it take 7 shots, four hits, to subdue this guy? Four hits and yet he survived. Was the officer firing a .22? Was he poorly trained in arms?
Old 08-30-2020, 08:24 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

One of the things that is unclear is if he was hit by a taser.

A taser will bring down pretty much anyone except people who are high on meth and similar substances. Some drugs give their users super human strength. If a cop tases a suspect and they don't go down, the cop should be very afraid.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 08-30-2020, 08:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwann View Post
Right or wrong, this I don't understand. Why did it take 7 shots, four hits, to subdue this guy? Four hits and yet he survived. Was the officer firing a .22? Was he poorly trained in arms?
Unless you've been in that kind of situation or have some training with handguns, you can't understand how difficult it is to hit a moving target even at point blank range.

The officer was wrestling with the guy. The guy was moving all over the place and possible grabbing for the gun. It doesn't take much movement for a bullet to be sent off line.

There were three misses. Some of those four hits may have consisted of scrapes in the arms or legs.

Training says that you keep shooting until the person goes down. I would not have an opinion until I know exactly where the wounds are.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 08-30-2020, 08:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,509 Times in 1,909 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Yesterday, closer to home, Daytona Beach, Volusia County. Officers attempt to serve warrant to a man named Michael Harris who allegedly had shot a woman in the back...

See here;

"He tried to murder these police officers": Suspect killed, officer injured in Daytona Beach shootout
Old 08-30-2020, 08:33 AM
Sage
Thanked 14,136 Times in 5,373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Your very first post in a forum for Villagers isn't asking how to get to something in the Villages. It's not asking about white crosses on the lawns. It's not about golf carts, or entertainment, or why people like this or that neighborhood.

It's about how a black guy was absolutely definitely a criminal and deserved to be shot by a cop at point-blank range. It was giving us information without citing any source at all.

What's the source? Which news report, which police report, did you get this information from?
From various reports I have read this rings true to me, the police were in fear for their well being and took action which escalated as nothing else stopped the guy.
Closed Thread

Tags
blake, police, officers, car, video

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.