Update on shooting of Jacob Blake III

Closed Thread
Old 08-30-2020, 06:03 PM

Watch this video to see why the Cops need more than one shot to stop a threat that may be pumped up on drugs, or are large.
The best repay viewing angle starts at 3:07.
Man Gets Shot After Charging At Cop With Two Sai-Style Knives - YouTube

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwann View Post
Right or wrong, this I don't understand. Why did it take 7 shots, four hits, to subdue this guy? Four hits and yet he survived. Was the officer firing a .22? Was he poorly trained in arms?
Old 08-30-2020, 06:13 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatskillBill View Post
Watch this video to see why the Cops need more than one shot to stop a threat that may be pumped up on drugs, or are large.
The best repay viewing angle starts at 3:07.
Man Gets Shot After Charging At Cop With Two Sai-Style Knives - YouTube
I see your video raise you this one.

Estill, South Carolina, officer's camera captures shooting - YouTube
Old 08-30-2020, 06:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,513 Times in 3,106 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stu from NYC View Post
From various reports I have read this rings true to me, the police were in fear for their well being and took action which escalated as nothing else stopped the guy.
Whether or not you believe it is irrelevant. He made statements of fact, without mentioning where those facts came from. If I told you I know for an absolute fact that the Easter Bunny murdered Santa in 1974, and the current Santa is actually a Russian spy, would you a) believe me because I told you it's a fact? b) decide I'm stark raving bonkers, which is entirely possible but you don't know THAT for sure either? or c) ask me to prove it?

Also - the current Santa isn't a Russian spy. But it's very possible that the Easter Bunny killed the one in 1974.
Old 08-30-2020, 06:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 14,047 Times in 5,336 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Whether or not you believe it is irrelevant. He made statements of fact, without mentioning where those facts came from. If I told you I know for an absolute fact that the Easter Bunny murdered Santa in 1974, and the current Santa is actually a Russian spy, would you a) believe me because I told you it's a fact? b) decide I'm stark raving bonkers, which is entirely possible but you don't know THAT for sure either? or c) ask me to prove it?

Also - the current Santa isn't a Russian spy. But it's very possible that the Easter Bunny killed the one in 1974.
I never liked the look of that Easter Bunny think he has very sinister eyes. Not to mention looks like they are two different colors which signifies he is up to no good.
Old 08-30-2020, 06:48 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post

On a more serious note in my reading of various publications about this events a lot of what he is saying jibes with what other reports have come out.

Rather amazing that each one of these people who have been at the hands of the police were not exactly model citizens.

The nba cancels a few nights of games in protest of this fellow who in my opinion from what I have read deserved what he got. Am I supposed to be upset that the protest over this shooting, nope each time I care less and less.
Old 08-30-2020, 06:57 PM
Soaring Eagle member

All of these shooting's seem to have this in common - The suspect does not listen to the police. We have to teach each other to listen to the police and if we disagree then fight in the court system.
Old 08-30-2020, 07:43 PM
Location: Newburgh NY, Berwick PA, Grand Forks ND, Tampa Fl, Wenatchee Wash, TN, OK, TX, NC, OH, FL

I wonder how many of today’s young men have the desire to become police officer’s. Can you imagine what things are going to be like? In many cities policemen are retiring or quitting and finding other employment. Some think sending a social worker to talk to criminal might be the answer. Scary!
Old 08-30-2020, 09:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Art cov View Post
I wonder how many of today’s young men have the desire to become police officer’s. Can you imagine what things are going to be like? In many cities policemen are retiring or quitting and finding other employment. Some think sending a social worker to talk to criminal might be the answer. Scary!
Officers in many places are wondering why not find another line of work.

Politicians are taking the side of the criminals over the police.
Old 08-31-2020, 05:17 AM
Default according to news reports the warrant had been vacated.

[QUOTE=Mendy;1825062]There are at least 2 sides to every story. Hopefully the truth comes out soon.

yes...rushing to judgement is counterproductive...according to the news the warrant had been vacated, that is rescinded.
Old 08-31-2020, 05:53 AM
Default Warrant vacated

[QUOTE=ruralgoddess;1825679]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mendy View Post
There are at least 2 sides to every story. Hopefully the truth comes out soon.

yes...rushing to judgement is counterproductive...according to the news the warrant had been vacated, that is rescinded.
yes, that's how it works. the warrant is issued and signed by a judge. this authorizes the police to legally take the fugitive into custody. once the fugitive is in custody he is brought to court and the warrant is vacated. in Blake's case since he was hospitalized he was handcuffed to his bed until the judge called the case in court, excused his absence and vacated the warrant. then the handcuffs were removed. the validity of the warrant at the time of arrest is not in question.
Old 08-31-2020, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
One of the things that is unclear is if he was hit by a taser.

A taser will bring down pretty much anyone except people who are high on meth and similar substances. Some drugs give their users super human strength. If a cop tases a suspect and they don't go down, the cop should be very afraid.
So agree
Old 08-31-2020, 07:29 AM

What sticks in my mind is this: It pertains to that kid who shot and killed two people.

The photos show that, after the killing, he walked towards the cops by approaching them with his hands raised and his assault weapon swinging from his belt. The cops did not detain him, they did not question him, they did nothing but pass him by.

Has it crossed anyone's mind what the cops would have done, had the kid been a black kid in the same situation?
Old 08-31-2020, 09:47 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,624 Times in 1,765 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dougjb View Post
What sticks in my mind is this: It pertains to that kid who shot and killed two people.

The photos show that, after the killing, he walked towards the cops by approaching them with his hands raised and his assault weapon swinging from his belt. The cops did not detain him, they did not question him, they did nothing but pass him by.

Has it crossed anyone's mind what the cops would have done, had the kid been a black kid in the same situation?
Possibly nothing as here: Black people march with guns at Stone Mountain, Georgia, with greetings of Black Love & Black Power - YouTube

Actually from videos and photos I have seen many of the rioters and looters, both black and white, are armed and the police are just standing by allowing it all to happen, no doubt under orders to do so.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 08-31-2020, 09:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,244 Times in 707 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
Possibly nothing as here: Black people march with guns at Stone Mountain, Georgia, with greetings of Black Love & Black Power - YouTube

Actually from videos and photos I have seen many of the rioters and looters, both black and white, are armed and the police are just standing by allowing it all to happen, no doubt under orders to do so.
I often wonder about posts like this.....

Do you search out videos to make others look bad, as with the phone videos surfaced by our government showing fire and brimstone in the USA, when in fact it is in SPAIN.

Is this type of thing a hobby or some sort ?

The video is about 6 weeks old and means nothing at all

Chaos
Old 09-04-2020, 11:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Two blades??
I could give an answer to that 2 blades question. IF(?), big (IF) (because I could NOT see one, but I will look harder next time it is run on TV) - - - So, assuming a knife in his LEFT hand as he walked slowly around the front of the car, then we see the grabbing of his shirt as he leans forward into the vicinity of his steering wheel, - then, he is shot in the lower back SEVEN times, - then the shock of being shot and his momentum forward would cause him to drop that knife - that ONE knife. So that answers the ONE knife question, not 2 knives..........But, several questions remain. Could or SHOULD (?) he have been shot in the leg or arm? Should he have been kicked in the back of the leg when he was in front of the car? Or shot in the leg at THAT point. After all they ONLY wanted him to STOP walking away S L O W L Y from the POLICE. HOPEFULLY, they were not thinking then at that point that he NEEDED to DIE for just not stopping. So. that would have been a GOOD time to shoot him in the LEG if that felt they HAD to shoot him. What was in their mind at that point we can never know. Most posts here are convinced that the Police side was justified. But, I am suspicious about something not QUITE making sense in the video of this shooting. I wish the Police had the SOUND part of there cameras turned on. Why was it not? That could have made me understand the situation more. I hope that an investigation or a jury trial would straighten that out. But, I fear that the rush to condemn him will WIN the day?????
Closed Thread

Tags
blake, police, officers, car, video

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.