Vaccine

Closed Thread
Old 12-29-2020, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diva1 View Post
So let's say I go to Seminole Co. and get a shot. How about the 2nd follow-up dose? How stringent is the 3-weeks after time period and how would I be assured of getting that?
Death and taxes is the only things you get for sure.
Old 12-29-2020, 10:21 AM

Because you people don’t seem to think the virus exists. Why would you need a vaccine then?
Old 12-29-2020, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
Seminole County is scheduling 65 and older for those that want to take a ride to get it. You need to get an appointment online. Since Sumter has been quiet on the subject there are options. You do not need to be a Seminole resident. I understand that Orange County is doing the same.
Marion County is offering the vaccine for residents only over the age of 65 years.
But, you do have to sign up for this. It's the Moderna vaccine and you have to return in 28 days for the second dose.
GOOD LUCK TO ALL.
Old 12-29-2020, 10:30 AM

Sumter county to date has only 118 deaths, whereas Miami-Dade has 4155, far more than anywhere else in the state. Seems to me that south Florida and other counties with high death rates should be receiving the most vaccines.
Old 12-29-2020, 10:50 AM

Vaccine distribution in Central Florida as of 9 AM Tuesday, Dec 29. Some counties are accepting registrations. Others are not.

Sporadic. Also complicated by the fact that Florida has lumped the CDC groups of >75 together with those >65.

The two articles below are current (Dec 29) and describe central and southern Florida.

These Central Florida counties are distributing COVID-19 vaccinations for residents 65 and older; here’s how to make an appointment

'Very chaotic.' South Florida seniors scour local hospitals for COVID-19 vaccines

Last edited by gpk111; 12-29-2020 at 10:54 AM. Reason: Additional data
Old 12-29-2020, 10:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yucatan2 View Post
Sumter county to date has only 118 deaths, whereas Miami-Dade has 4155, far more than anywhere else in the state. Seems to me that south Florida and other counties with high death rates should be receiving the most vaccines.
It cannot be based on the highest number. That would always entitle the largest population centers to get a priority.
That larger population will also have more people that do not mask or social distance. Whereas many other locations that adhere to the guidelines resulting in lower cases are not treated fairly.

The best result will be scientifically based on statistical results.

Setting aside the political and special interest group arm waving will allow the process to be more efficient.
Old 12-29-2020, 10:55 AM

As a for resident of Seminole and Orange County and an elected official, I can tell you the problem.
Sumter county has failed with the 5 “Ps”. The County Manager should have been on top of the entire issue. Yes, The Villages should have been at the front of the general population. I’ve been disappointed with his performance since the 25% tax issue was on the table. He has not displayed the planning skills necessary to of a leader.
You should be on a list for shot NOW , if that is your choice.
Old 12-29-2020, 12:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,910 Times in 1,528 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgabriele View Post
Please remember... vaccine shipments will not be released unless The Villages have the required deep freezers to store.
Then, I assume that we will have to wait a little longer for the Moderna vaccine. Not a problem with me.
Old 12-29-2020, 12:49 PM
Sage

Do you have a reliable reference for that? I am not sure that is correct. I believe the Pfizer/BioNTech vaccine is OK for 2 weeks when stored with dry ice and then still good for 5 days after thawing. I believe the plan is essentially "just in time" shipping.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgabriele View Post
Please remember... vaccine shipments will not be released unless The Villages have the required deep freezers to store.
Old 12-29-2020, 01:07 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,204 Times in 465 Posts

The reason I enjoy this blog is because of the funny stuff that people post. Just because some areas have more people does not mean that more people do not wear a mask. How can you know that? Just because the numbers in cities are higher does not necessarily mean they are more likely to die. The age group getting the disease is younger and less likely to be seriously affected. The dead rate is still small percentage wise and the way they are distributing the vaccine makes sense, the more vulnerable go first. Why would you take it from people in another county? Don’t you think they deserve to get it first, if they are residents of that county? The topper is having people continue to wear masks after getting the vaccine. That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Why take the vaccine at all if it is not going to protect you?
Old 12-29-2020, 01:14 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages Kahuna View Post
I’ve inquired and found that no local medical professionals have been vaccinated that any of them know of. But they all report that professional friends and colleagues in south Florida, Jacksonville and even Gainesville have been widely vaccinated.

This after governor deSantis’ photo shoot showing younger members of the county administration and the local political structure receiving their vaccinations. Maddening and frustrating to say the least.
The Florida Governor's photoshoot here in The Villages is a worrisome, greedy, and elitist example of corruption. It just causes unnecessary Social tension at a VERY tense time period. TV Land people need to remember the name of the shot recipients that "jumped the line" and ostracize them for their inappropriate action.
Old 12-29-2020, 01:18 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDhot View Post
Because you people don’t seem to think the virus exists. Why would you need a vaccine then?
Good use of the Socratic method. Kudos!
Old 12-29-2020, 01:22 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
It cannot be based on the highest number. That would always entitle the largest population centers to get a priority.
That larger population will also have more people that do not mask or social distance. Whereas many other locations that adhere to the guidelines resulting in lower cases are not treated fairly.

The best result will be scientifically based on statistical results.

Setting aside the political and special interest group arm waving will allow the process to be more efficient.
I would suggest a LOTTERY system. Take the politics, corruption, and confusion out of the equation.

Last edited by jimjamuser; 12-29-2020 at 02:50 PM. Reason: misspelled word
Old 12-29-2020, 01:39 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by merrymini View Post
The reason I enjoy this blog is because of the funny stuff that people post. Just because some areas have more people does not mean that more people do not wear a mask. How can you know that? Just because the numbers in cities are higher does not necessarily mean they are more likely to die. The age group getting the disease is younger and less likely to be seriously affected. The dead rate is still small percentage wise and the way they are distributing the vaccine makes sense, the more vulnerable go first. Why would you take it from people in another county? Don’t you think they deserve to get it first, if they are residents of that county? The topper is having people continue to wear masks after getting the vaccine. That is the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Why take the vaccine at all if it is not going to protect you?
The vaccines protect you from the MOST severe complications of the CV. It keeps you alive, functional, and out of the hospital. Beyond that, not much is YET known. It is designated to be - an EXPERIMENTAL vaccine for use in countries that have NOT otherwise mitigated CV. New Zealand has about the same population as South Carolina. New Zealand has 25 total deaths to date - South Carolina has over 5,000 deaths. It did NOT have to be this bad in the US.

Going forward - the vaccines are predicted by Washington State U. to save about 25,000 people nationwide between now and May. BUT, INCREASED mask-wearing could (?) SAVE 56,000. Ask yourself - are we a people with empathy and concern for our fellow mankind OR are we brutal, caveman-mentality types that will be greedy and self-centered and burn our masks after getting vaccinated? I hate to say BUT I believe that the latter will prevail !!!!!!!
Old 12-29-2020, 01:57 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,298 Times in 491 Posts

Forget about Lake County. Can't get thru that phone number.

Tags
county, seminole, subject, options, vaccine

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.