Who is Derek Chauvrin?

Closed Thread
Old 06-03-2020, 06:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,930 Times in 787 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregcharlesnelson@gmail View Post
background checks for all cops.....weed em out
My long-standing opinion. (And only my opinion.) Raise the salaries for police officers. Raise the vetting process. Make it very hard to get through the training. Seriously assess their mental well being. Follow them through and take out the ones who have over-succumbed to the stresses of the job. Get them real help or get them out. Eighteen instances of questionable character should not be overlooked, union or no union.

I want someone who is mentally stable, not prone to rage, can put up with the awful stuff they encounter yet still maintain their professionalism. My cousin was one, for decades. I think my and others' lives are worth paying them much more than what they're getting now.

Pay more. Weed more. Maybe we'll have to ante up some more taxes. Something has to give here. It doesn't stop.
Old 06-03-2020, 06:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
My long-standing opinion. (And only my opinion.) Raise the salaries for police officers. Raise the vetting process. Make it very hard to get through the training. Seriously assess their mental well being. Follow them through and take out the ones who have over-succumbed to the stresses of the job. Get them real help or get them out. Eighteen instances of questionable character should not be overlooked, union or no union.

I want someone who is mentally stable, not prone to rage, can put up with the awful stuff they encounter yet still maintain their professionalism. My cousin was one, for decades. I think my and others' lives are worth paying them much more than what they're getting now.

Pay more. Weed more. Maybe we'll have to ante up some more taxes. Something has to give here. It doesn't stop.
I totally agree.

I've read where most cops average in the mid $40's (with new hires much lower)...which is beyond ridiculous.

That kind of low salary will tend to attract those with "issues," with 'wanting a sense of power'...probably being the biggest issue.

Average Police Salary (click here)
Old 06-03-2020, 06:36 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts

Just a wierd thought, maybe most do it because they feel they can make a difference. Kind of like teachers, firefighters, EMS......etc. Seems to me there an awful lot of police, teachers, firefighters, EMS....on the payrole. Not that they et al, don't deserve more
Steve
Old 06-04-2020, 12:18 PM

I watched the video, and it is clear that the officer was in the wrong.
But I have a couple of questions for lots of the commentors:
1. Why are we saying this cops illegal actions were racist or he was a racist? Is there info that I have not seen that indicates that he was a racist? criminal actions yes, but where is the racist part coming from?
2. NOT DEFENDING HIS ACTIONS IN ANY WAY, but having 19 complaints against you in 18 years in a profession where very few people are happy with having to deal with you does not make him a bad cop (his current actions do and he was fired immediately). Complaints are not always valid. They may have all been valid, but the ones that he was reportedly punished for had to do with condescending tone or words ( I think).

I just think it is important that we are rational in these situations and it seems to me that there is very little of that these days.
Old 06-04-2020, 12:26 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,651 Times in 1,773 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cybersprings View Post
I watched the video, and it is clear that the officer was in the wrong.
But I have a couple of questions for lots of the commentors:
1. Why are we saying this cops illegal actions were racist or he was a racist? Is there info that I have not seen that indicates that he was a racist? criminal actions yes, but where is the racist part coming from?
2. NOT DEFENDING HIS ACTIONS IN ANY WAY, but having 19 complaints against you in 18 years in a profession where very few people are happy with having to deal with you does not make him a bad cop (his current actions do and he was fired immediately). Complaints are not always valid. They may have all been valid, but the ones that he was reportedly punished for had to do with condescending tone or words ( I think).

I just think it is important that we are rational in these situations and it seems to me that there is very little of that these days.
According to this article the number of complaints filed against Chauvrin "were a little higher than normal". Also at least two of the other cops involved had had complaints files against them. There is no question complaints, warranted or not, are filed against cops all the time.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 06-04-2020, 12:32 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
According to this article the number of complaints filed against Chauvrin "were a little higher than normal". Also at least two of the other cops involved had had complaints files against them. There is no question complaints, warranted or not, are filed against cops all the time.
And there is no question that police unions will rally behind the 'thin blue line/blue veil' and defend bad cops, even though the good/decent police (the vast majority)...know who the scum are.
Old 06-05-2020, 06:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,181 Times in 835 Posts

Well here's a lovely new piece of information. Derek Michael Chauvin, Minnesota cop, is also a registered voter here in Florida. And he has voted here in the last two elections according to reports. As has been widely reported he and his soon to be ex wife own a property in Windemere Florida near Orlando. Using the website Flvoters.com you can find Derek registered to vote,

CHAUVIN, DEREK MICHAEL was born 19 March 1976, is male, registered as Republican Party of Florida, residing at 7330 Brightland St, Windermere, Florida 34786. Florida voter ID number 123091464. This is the most recent information, from the Florida voter list as of 30 April 2020.

So voter fraud is real and it wears a police uniform. Before you say he didn't vote, yes he did. In both 2016 and 2018 in Florida. A complaint has been filed with the appropriate authorities but I think Chauvin has bigger legal problems right now.

But if somehow he gets away with murder, maybe he can spend a few years in prison here for voter fraud.
Old 06-05-2020, 08:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
Did he have a home in the same complex as Tiger Woods in Orlando? If so, I don't know how you would do that on a police salary.
Windemere is not what it use to be. Tiger built a $40 million home in Jupiter Florida on the coast, he moved to Jupiter along with Ricki Fowler, Justin Thomas, Brooks Keopka, Dustin Johnson, Rory McIlroy, Greg Norman, Gary Player, Ernie Els, NIck Price and a few others about five years ago. Here's Tiger's home. Most 19 year veterans of the police force in a major city make six figure incomes. That house in Windemere is probably worth about $250K when he bought it.

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida
Old 06-06-2020, 05:32 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,929 Times in 923 Posts

So the most interesting part of this "event" is that what used to be seen but not recorded is now recorded. That is very scary for people in power who only see written reports. They can actually hide people from responsibility, but the video camera can not. So the iPhone makes everyone an on the spot reporter. And of course, technological advances brings both positive and negative reactions, this being positive, other behaviors being negative.

But its better to film than not. . . know how to use it and don't be afraid to use it.

sportsguy
Old 06-06-2020, 06:11 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoachKandSportsguy View Post
So the most interesting part of this "event" is that what used to be seen but not recorded is now recorded. That is very scary for people in power who only see written reports. They can actually hide people from responsibility, but the video camera can not. So the iPhone makes everyone an on the spot reporter. And of course, technological advances brings both positive and negative reactions, this being positive, other behaviors being negative.

But its better to film than not. . . know how to use it and don't be afraid to use it.

sportsguy

Yep, when disgusting people can no longer exercise their abhorrent acts, while in the shadows, hiding or not being caught red-handed doing such...is when the truth starts seeping out.

A spotlight on the truth and facts is scary, for those who are satisfied...with the current status quo.
Closed Thread

Tags
cop, guy, background, started, curiosity

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.